It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Wants Usama bin Laden Caught Before He Leaves Office

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Bush Wants Usama bin Laden Caught Before He Leaves Office

www.foxnews.com

President Bush, nearing the end of his second term, reportedly has enlisted British special forces to help the U.S. in a final push to hunt down Usama bin Laden, according to the Sunday Times of London.

The newspaper cites unnamed "defense and intelligence sources in Washington and London" who "confirmed that a renewed hunt was on for the leader of the September 11 attacks."

“If he can say he has killed Saddam Hussein and captured Bin Laden, he can claim to have left the world a safer place,” a senior American intelligence source reportedly told the newspaper.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Wait I thought Bush was doing everything to get Bin Laden this whole time......lol yeah right sure. I have a feeling Bush will somehow just so happen to get Bin Laden before his term ends any wagers? In fact they probably have had him the past 4 years but needed him out there to continue the war.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
the whole world is a stage

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by adkchamp
the whole world is a stage

and we are all pons to someones sick game........

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Sounds more like an excuse to push the boundaries further. Bush has no hope of saving his reputation. Nor does he have the desire to do so. The United States is already divided on this issue, this will only allow him to do even more damage then he has done already. I don't buy it, not for a second. If they really wanted Osama, they would have got him years ago. If they find him now, then they have been aware of his where abouts all along and will use the media to cover it up.

[edit on 14-6-2008 by 12.21.12]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

This is a rerun from back in 2001 when Bush still had at least some black hair. Now he looks like an old man. The stress of being in office and profiting off innocent lives must have been too much for him.

Bush: Bin Laden 'prime suspect'

That article is back from September 17th, 2001 immediately following the 9/11 attacks. This is what he said back then:

Speaking with reporters after a Pentagon briefing on plans to call up reserve troops, Bush offered some of his most blunt language to date when he was asked if he wanted bin Laden dead.

"I want justice," Bush said. "And there's an old poster out West… I recall, that said, 'Wanted, Dead or Alive.'"

But soon after Bin Laden apparently didn't mean a whole lot to the man on March 13, 2002.

White House source

But don't you believe that the threat that bin Laden posed won't truly be eliminated until he is found either dead or alive?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, as I say, we haven't heard much from him. And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him. I know he is on the run. I was concerned about him, when he had taken over a country. I was concerned about the fact that he was basically running Afghanistan and calling the shots for the Taliban.

You heard the man. "I truly am not that concerned about him". So how does he really feel?

Who knows. This is just more propaganda from the Bush cabal to influence the american people's decision making come November.

We haven't made any progress in the war on terror. That's the truth. Al Qaeda is now stronger than it was pre-911, and our military is stretched thinly thousands of miles away from home. So much for "defending freedom" in America.

That's another logical fallacy that I shall cover soon in an upcoming thread.

How in the world do we protect US 'democracy' and 'freedom' while we occupy 2 sovereign nations? It just doesn't make any sense.

And just for good measure:

Bush: Iraq had nothing to do with 911 attacks

[edit on 6/14/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
great i bet this is going to lead to a false flag attack..."oh no the british soldiers found osama, but they were too late to take him out before he attacked...."

i honestly dont no but something is fishy. Penzir Bhutto, i think that is her name, said that osama bin laden was dead and was murderd!

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
What the hell is the point? Like Biggie pointed out, Bush didn't care about him until recently. The only thing Bin Laden is being used for right now is to further our own agenda. The Bin Laden we see today doesn't even look like the same guy and many people think he is already dead.

The only benefit I can see to catching him is for the Bush legacy. That 20 years from now when people have had some time to forget about just how big of a train wreck he was, he will still be able to hang his hat on "Bringing the #1 terrorist in the world to justice". It will make the revisionist history much easier to pull off.

Honestly, I will be PISSED if he manages to pull it off in the next few months. It will only solidify my opinion that he is a tool of our own government and not a real terrorist.

[edit on 14-6-2008 by Karlhungis]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Has anyone else noticed that they changed the spelling of what, in 2001, was Osama bin Laden...

Usama bin Laden, according to the Sunday Times of London.
From above link

And that we have a Democratic candidate with a very similar name..Obama.

I just find that a bit odd...

Off topic side bar over...

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Yes, I noticed when it happened. At the time, I thought it was an underhanded way of insulting the man. Change his name from Osama to USA - ma.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
If they try something NOW, after these last 8 years....this close to one of the BIGGEST elections ever??? Who could possibly believe the white rabbit being pulled out of the hat trick? They have a playbook that would make Bill Belichek jealous.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

Do you think that the capture of Osama would sway the election one way or the other? I don't see how his capture would change the Obama VS McCain landscape at all. Unless of course McCain somehow engineers his capture, but I don't see a snow balls chance of that even being possible.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I most certainly do not put past them some sort of sideshow spectacle from these guys. I am almost positive they might provoke Iran too....just to continue this conquest of dwindling fossil fuels.

WASHINGTON - Former White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan writes in a new memoir that President Bush relied on an aggressive "political propaganda campaign" instead of the truth to sell the Iraq war, and that the decision to invade pushed Bush's presidency "terribly off course.'

The Bush White House made "a decision to turn away from candor and honesty when those qualities were most needed" — a time when the nation was on the brink of war, McClellan writes in the book entitled "What Happened: Inside the Bush White House and Washington's Culture of Deception."

The way Bush managed the Iraq issue "almost guaranteed that the use of force would become the only feasible option."

"In the permanent campaign era, it was all about manipulating sources of public opinion to the president's advantage," McClellan writes.

Link.

They run a campaign while in office? Lies to support lies.....I'm just saying it would be a fantastic photo op.

*que music*

John McCain, arm around G.W,boot on the back of a dead Osama......

[edit on 15-6-2008 by Grafilthy]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Well, your scenario gave me an idea. The only immediately significant thing that could come about in regards to finding him before Bush's term is up would be if Osama was *Conveniently* in Iran. Then we would be "forced" to go in and get him. 2 birds with one stone. Bush gets his war with Iran and gets Osama at the same time. It would be a Neocon wet dream.

[edit on 15-6-2008 by Karlhungis]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis

Well, your scenario gave me an idea. The only immediately significant thing that could come about in regards to find him before Bush's term is up would be if Osama was *Conveniently* in Iran. Then we would be "forced" to go in and get him. 2 birds with one stone. Bush gets his war with Iran and gets Osama at the same time. It would be a Neocon wet dream.

This is exactly why I love ATS....that is a grand concept..

[edit on 15-6-2008 by Grafilthy]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
british special forces had to watch as Osama left the Tora bora caves through a ravine in the early stages of the war.

SBS troopers had eyes on and were denied permission for pursuit by American commanders as no American troops were with them.

This is BS. They had eyes on and got denied, which to me made it sound like he truely was a CIA unit protected from the top.

Now Bush wants him captured ? yeah what ever.

Be prepared for a badly burnt and disfigured double to be dragged out the freezer for a dog and pony show.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Bush wants Emmanual Goldstein, errr, I mean Osama bin Laden caught. What a laugh!

www.whatreallyhappened.com...

Bin Laden's voice was detected regularly until [14 December 2001] by intelligence operatives monitoring radio transmissions in Tora Bora, according to the Pentagon [details]. Since then, nothing has been heard from the al-Qa'eda leader and President Bush has hinted in private that bin Laden's silence could mean he has been killed. [Telegraph, 12/28/2001]

Osama bin Laden: A Dead Nemesis Perpetuated by the US Government

Osama bin Laden is dead. The news first came from sources in Afghanistan and Pakistan almost six months ago: the fugitive died in December [2001] and was buried in the mountains of southeast Afghanistan. Pakistan's president, Pervez Musharraf, echoed the information. The remnants of Osama's gang, however, have mostly stayed silent, either to keep Osama's ghost alive or because they have no means of communication.

Bin Laden has often been reported to be in poor health. Some accounts claim that he is suffering from Hepatitis C, and can expect to live for only two more years. According to Le Figaro, last year [2000] he ordered a mobile dialysis machine to be delivered to his base at Kandahar in Afghanistan. [Guardian]

Pakistan's Musharraf: Bin Laden probably dead

Pakistan's president says he thinks Osama bin Laden is most likely dead because the suspected terrorist has been unable to get treatment for his kidney disease.

A Bush administration official] said U.S. intelligence is that bin Laden needs dialysis every three days and "it is fairly obvious that that could be an issue when you are running from place to place, and facing the idea of needing to generate electricity in a mountain hideout." [CNN]

Karzai: bin Laden 'probably' dead

Osama bin Laden is "probably" dead, but former Taliban leader Mullah Omar is alive, Afghan President Hamid Karzai has said. [CNN]

FBI: Bin Laden 'probably' dead

The US Federal Bureau of Investigation's counter-terrorism chief, Dale Watson, says he thinks Osama bin Laden is "probably" dead. [BBC]

Magazine runs what it calls bin Laden's will

The editor-in-chief of a London-based Arab news magazine said a purported will it published Saturday was written late last year [2001] by Osama bin Laden, and shows "he's dying or he's going to die soon." [CNN]

Usama bin Laden has died a peaceful death due to an untreated lung complication, the Pakistan Observer reported, citing a Taliban leader who allegedly attended the funeral of the Al Qaeda leader. "The Coalition troops are engaged in a mad search operation but they would never be able to fulfill their cherished goal of getting Usama alive or dead," the source said. [FOX News]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Hmmm. Ever see that movie with Dustin Hoffman called "Wag the Dog"? I wonder if close to the election they will produce an Osama lookalike that they say they "captured" and toss him in his own solitary confined cell.

If you haven't seen the movie, check it out. It's a good movie that didn't get a lot of publicity.

And as for catching the real Osama - good luck. Better make a trip to Area 51 and request some of that black project technology to help do the job.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
www.timesonline.co.uk...

Its the FOX link that has changed his name - the original (as above) has the correct spelling.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
All evidence points to Osama being dead already.

So, whoever the lookalike is, I feel pretty sorry for, as he's about to get hung for doing his job convincingly.

I find it funny, that around the time of Osama's proposed death, the White house changed their tune to "We don't know where he is, and we don't care... here's a tape of him threatening us though, so be afraid, and support the war."

They know he's already dead. But they need YOU to believe he's alive to continue support for the war. If the Bush regime is pushed enough, I wouldn't put it past them to have a fake trial with a lookalike.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join