It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiger Woods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
WOW. Not bad for a guy on one leg. Two unbelievable eagle putts and a two hop chip in on the back nine. Why not? It's only the U.S. Open.

Hard enough when your knees don't hurt.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
That performance reminded me of Brett Farve. Most don't think of golf when the subject of playing with injuries comes up but, it happens a lot.

Good to see Rocco playing so well too. And while on the subject, he's had more than his share of back problems.

Should be a great Sunday. I hope those two go down to the wire, that would be neat.

JbT

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Tiger is simply magic.

Hes been making big puts all week long, and I mean +15 footers, many.

I loved his reaction after the chip-in.... Just couldnt keep the chuckles back.

Then... that put on 18
Thats stuff that you dont even write about because its just too unbelievable. Yet some how Tiger manages to make it look so inevitable.

Im grateful to be able to watch his legendary career unfold before us in such a dramatic, relatively quick way.

Tomorrow will be a test of history again. He has yet to loose after leading a major going into the 4th round.

WoW.... Still shocked. 5 down with 6 to go, finishes up by one.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
He's inside every other competitor's head and there's nothing they can do about it, short of a lobotomy.

Peace

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Does anyone else feel like an 18-hole playoff is a little ridiculous...

I mean, come on... Doesn't EVERY other tourny have a sudden death playoff system???

Why does the US Open have to be weird?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Tiger wins. The legend grows.

Peace

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Man that sucks!!! I was pulling for Rocco soooooo bad!!! It was pretty obvious to me that a lot of people there were pulling for him too. So close!

Not to take away from another greats Woods performance, I'm just getting a little bored of watching him win.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

Me too. Tiger's talent is undeniable and he's almost certainly the best ever BUT, it would have really been cool if Rocco would have won.

Everyone would have just put it off to Tiger's knee and he would have went on to win 75 majors. On the other hand, it would have meant the world to Rocco and it couldn't have happened to a better guy. It's still going to change his life in a very good way so wth, he done himself proud.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
It's just been announced that Tiger's done for the rest of 2008!! More surgery.

That's pretty much gonna make golf unwatchable for me the rest of the year. Two more majors still to go with no Tiger.
That really sucks!

Peace

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Tiger out = Unhappy networks.

JbT

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
It's just been announced that Tiger's done for the rest of 2008!! More surgery.

That's pretty much gonna make golf unwatchable for me the rest of the year. Two more majors still to go with no Tiger.
That really sucks!

Peace

This will be pretty bad for the networks as Musky said. Every person I’ve talked to that watches golf has basically said that the seasons over. No point on watching now.

So tragic. I can only hope this wont shorten his career
There is no other sport that I watch only for one person.

Originally posted by TKainZero
Does anyone else feel like an 18-hole playoff is a little ridiculous...

I mean, come on... Doesn't EVERY other tourny have a sudden death playoff system???

Why does the US Open have to be weird?

I like it myself. It’s a compliment to how hard the tourney is supposed to be to win. I mean, it’s almost the hardest, most fair tourney (at least this on at Torrey Pines was) that’s been around it a long time. It to me was a pleasure to see a course challenge and intimidate pros like I feel sometimes playing courses above my head. In that respect, I think the full round playoff is a great additional test in the endurance it also takes to win the US OPEN.

To each his own.

On a side note: I was at the Telus Skins Game (Weir, villegas, Couples, Norman, Monty) this weekend here at Predator Ridge and its really something to see little guys like Weir and Camilo (mind you, he’s RIPPED) drive the ball as far as they do. Was really impressive to see these guys in real life golf, so humbling, much more so than you relies on T.V. It gives me a much better perspective on just how damn good Woods is.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by JbT]

top topics

join