It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2008 Barbury Castle crop circle: pi solved?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Heres something relating to crop circles just posted

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adcra
The circle is divided in ten parts, so essentially it uses base-10 system. So, placing ANY random number in that circle and counting the white and filled spaces equals to 1.1111111...

This thread is killing me. I like how two people now have said the same thing (my reply was on page 2) and no one will touch it. This thread is fostering ignorance rather than denying it...

Someone please answer this question...

How can a math problem be set up using a base 10 numbering system and then somehow become a base 9 system by ignoring one number? If you are going to use a base 10 numbering system to set up the problem, then you need to use that same system to solve it. Totally bunk.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Looks very much like a Pythagorean lambdoma matrix, similar to the Barbury tetrahedron and a formation that appeared at Stockbridge.
Perhaps a sequence of musical notes? There is a strong connection between crop circles and sound/frequency.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightmare_david

There's no reason for your attitude and calling people dense is really immature.

If you don't have anything useful to say, then don't post at all. You also shouldn't make accusations that you can't back up. Just because he sees something about the crop circle that you're not seeing, that doesn't mean he's the one who made the crop circle.

No i am not making unfounded accusations. it is very sad that this board does not use the scientific method. if i said that I am john titor i will have followers.
if crop circles are real, then the makers of the crop circle can also create the same patterns in a field of short grass, a forest of trees, or even in a freezing lake. How many people here believe in aliens and conspiracies. Do not believe in everything you read on the internet especially conspiracy forums

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by godismath
This has gotta be it.

9 goes into 3, 11 goes into 2 because now it takes the place of 10. Yet 11 and 9 are part of the same system. They both go into 1. Only together do they contain the pi ratio of 2/3.

Don't try to figure this out on a calculator, it won't work. Just look at these numbers:
1 2
3 4
5 6
7 8
9 11

A dual nature system part of a single greater whole.

Base 9/11 math. Coincidence or providence? This is strange new territory.

Not sure if this means anything but basically if you take those numbers and use them as whole numbers rather than singular numbers as such:

...basically it expands by 22 on each number with the exception of 911 which only works obviously if we are using this "no ten" mathematical system and move straight to 11....again not sure if that means anything but it just popped into my mind when i saw that

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by godismath
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

Interesting... one similarity I noticed between your base 12 and my base 9.9 math is that the pi ratio (2/3) fits into both. I think this may be the key. For that matter base 6 may work too.

One of the things I kept in mind for the creation of my mathematical system was the idea for using the ability to divide the whole by 4 and 3, not just a single number.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Ok, here is what is going on. A circle is a closed system so when you take the complement of digit in PI, it is like subtracting it from 10. This accounts for the 11.11111111. For instance, for 3.14 subtract 10-3= 7, 10-1=9 and 10-4=6, giving you the first three digits of your circular complement number 7.969518456. So when you add PI and this number together, each digit sums to 10 at a different place, giving 11.11111111.

This said, I will point out something that is very interesting about the number 11.111111111. Divide it by 9, the Hebrew gematria number for God, and you get 1.23456790123455 equal to 100/81. This happens to be a harmonic number related to both the base of the natural logarithm and the golden ratio and is, in fact, built into the dimensions of Rosslyn chapel built by the Knights Templar in Scotland during the 15th century. This made the chapel very resonant and a natural amplifier because this proportion is half the width of the resonant gap produced by the musical ratio 5:3 or major sixth, the most resonant interval in an octave. This is only a small piece of an ancient harmonic science unifying geometry, numbers and music. There is too much related to all of this to put here, which is why I wrote a book about it soon to be published.

One other interesting thing you may find amusing: 12 / 0.0123456790123455 = 972.00000000000130000000. Ever wonder about unlucky thirteen? Why is it buried here at the twelfth decimal position?

[edit on 16-6-2008 by Maxpageant]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Evil Genius

Here is an idea that occurred to me... Yes your logic is sound, with our current numbering system.
HOWEVER, IF this was made by E.T Intelligence, could they not be trying to show us that our Base 10 math system is not correct?

So as to not create a future argument, I will try and explain this idea as so it makes sense.

Since we evolved, we have changed so many truths and half-truths about how we operate... As we evolve, we learn new ways (the correct) on how to perform a certain task. Be it colliding particles, forming laser light to create mass acceleration of particles to the form of teleportation.
So we constantly learn on how to do things in this world.
And those processes that we learn are then used as the basis for the next learning.

Now how do we unlearn something that makes so much LOGIC and SENSE to us that it is completely stupid to think otherwise?
We need someone to show us...

Using this as the main base of the idea, how would a highly intelligent race show us that one of our numerical systems is wrong? - Beside the fact of teaching us face to face...

They would show us our present solid foundation of Base 10 math. Undisputable by everyone who knows math.

So they start with Base 10 math in a graphical representation to show us pI. The main concept of the design we won't have trouble finding.
Now we can only use what we know to work with to find answers. -Duh-

Let’s use the pI ratios to give us some answers...
Large Crop Image
The main pI will give us 3.141592654
Now, using OUR BASE 10 math system... pI's inverse brother is 7.969518456
Ok, if I have lost you... this is how it is done...
We start with our number 10 and use it to minus the numbers of pI
10 - 3 = 7
10 - 1 = 9
10 - 4 = 6
etc
Or;
pI -pI
3 + 7 = 10
1 + 9 = 10
4 + 6 = 10
1 + 9 = 10
5 + 5 = 10
9 + 1 = 10
2 + 8 = 10
6 + 4 = 10
5 + 5 = 10
4 + 6 = 10

We get the picture? EXCELLENT!
Using 'godismath''s theory of duality in the numbering system as well, we get inverse pI.
Now we add those together... because we love our math...
What do we get?
That's right... 11.111111111
This breaks our numbering system
As the inverse to the positive should cancel each other out in our Base 10 system. pI's inverse SHOULD equal the whole of the circle... But it doesn't, why is that?
Maybe because we shouldn't have 0's in our numbering system?

As so I don't repeat what has been said, 'godismath' made a graphical representation of what you would get when you made a column of these numbers.
We get the Double Helix... Our DNA strand... Our BASE math. Humans are made without 0's.

If we take this knowledge and apply logic to it, it makes a lot of sense. Though it still makes it quite hard for us to try and understand a numbering system without 10.

But showing us a graphical representation of how we are made and how the universe is made, it also provides us with a universal communication tool.
It has always been speculated that math is the universal language. So with this crop circle, an E.T Intelligence has shown us what we understand to be math, as well as showing us that it is wrong, which is proven in the depiction of our genetic makeup.

In one picture, they hope to teach us that we are wrong. Our math is wrong, if we can't do math, then we can't communicate.

So I will leave you with this;

It's not to far a stretch for those with intelligence and for those who do have an open mind that us humans are just that... human... we are, occasionally wrong.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by heliumboy

perhaps, but i will point you to our T and C, which you agreed to, and remind you that your rude remarks do little to add to the conversation.

trust that the people of this world do not need you to save them from being led astray. no need to wear the underwear on the outside of your pants.
the tinfoil hat, however, is optional.

If you are looking for the scientific method to be applied in every instance, might i suggest you not look in a forum like ATS. this forum is comprised mostly of laymen, many of which have learned along the way while posting here (from scientifically trained people who take the time to share information).

if you have something POSITIVE to CONTRIBUTE, please do so. Otherwise, perhaps this venue is not for you?

reply to post by Sovaka

Outstanding post. I think you pretty much "get" what the OP was postulating.

[edit on 16-6-2008 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I must agree with some of the people who have cried bunk. It just doesn't seem logical to take out 0 and not have to completely rethink mathematics as we know them. What I mean to say is once you take out zero you can't go back into the old system especially since (it appears so, I may be mistaken.) the dichotomy of +pi and -pi comes right from the number 10.
I do feel removing zero from math is still a very interesting idea and has a lot of merit to it. If I'm not mistaken 0 was added to math (yes pun intended) after some point in its history. Quite possibly it was a mistake. Why would you have need for math when you have no numbers involved. It was just a placeholder but it seems to have weaseled itself into being a number by its own right. I'm just saying that the reason for having zero, to denote the absence of value, is just as convincing as the reason for not having zero, that math is not applicable when there is no value.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
For some reason the crop circle reminds me of a lock. Something in the order of the Star Wars picture where 3cpo tries to open something.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

Let me restate my last post another way. The fact that you take the inverse number of PI and add them together to create the number 11.11111111 does not break our numbering system. Regardless of what base system we use, we will always have collections of objects that total to "ten", however we express it. I could make a good argument for base-2 as a better system because it expresses nature's duality AND is used in digital computers, but it would not eliminate the need to count ten objects and it would not change the way PI sums with its inverse to create a string of "1's".

Personally, I don't think this crop circle is trying to point out anything other than PI is an important number. Now, other formations incorporating portions of Metatron's Cube, Vesica Piscis or the Flower of Life really would be trying to tell us something about how nature works.

[edit on 16-6-2008 by Maxpageant]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sovaka
reply to post by Evil Genius

So they start with Base 10 math in a graphical representation to show us pI. The main concept of the design we won't have trouble finding.
Now we can only use what we know to work with to find answers. -Duh-

Let’s use the pI ratios to give us some answers...
Large Crop Image
The main pI will give us 3.141592654
Now, using OUR BASE 10 math system... pI's inverse brother is 7.969518456
Ok, if I have lost you... this is how it is done...
We start with our number 10 and use it to minus the numbers of pI
10 - 3 = 7
10 - 1 = 9
10 - 4 = 6
etc
Or;
pI -pI
3 + 7 = 10
1 + 9 = 10
4 + 6 = 10
1 + 9 = 10
5 + 5 = 10
9 + 1 = 10
2 + 8 = 10
6 + 4 = 10
5 + 5 = 10
4 + 6 = 10

We get the picture? EXCELLENT!
Using 'godismath''s theory of duality in the numbering system as well, we get inverse pI.
Now we add those together... because we love our math...
What do we get?
That's right... 11.111111111
This breaks our numbering system
As the inverse to the positive should cancel each other out in our Base 10 system. pI's inverse SHOULD equal the whole of the circle... But it doesn't, why is that?
Maybe because we shouldn't have 0's in our numbering system?

Seriously, did you even bother to read my first post from page 2??? No? Then let the debunking begin....*really big breath*

The first thing I would like to point out is if you take any 10 digit number similar to Pi and graphically represent it inside concentric circles you will reach the same exact spot. For example, I could make a crop circle built the exact same way representing the number 2.875346841 (just some random number I thought of.) Then, if you take it's inverse you get 8.235764269. Then if you add these two numbers together you get...wait for it... 11.11111111. Test it out yourself on any number you can think of and you will get the same answer. And here's why...

There are 10 concentric circles. Each circle is divided into 10 slices. Therefore if you color in one slice, you have 1/10th of the circle. You take it's inverse and you have 9 slices, or 9/10ths of the circle. You add these two numbers together (which is what you are doing) and they equal 10, or 10/10ths of the circle. What is 10/10ths? Well, that is really 1, as in 1 complete circle.

So looking at Pi. You have 3 on the inside circle. It's inverse is 7. Add them together to get 10. 10 slices of the circle equals 1 circle, the innermost circle. That is the first "1" in the number 11.11111111. At this point I'd like to requote something you said...

Ah, but it does. Your mistake in reasoning lies with you forgetting that the numbers we are using are being taken from a GRAPHICAL REPRESENTATION of the number Pi. Not the number itself. The number 7.969518456 is not the inverse of Pi, it is the inverse of the GRAPHICAL REPRESENTATION of Pi within these concentric circles.

There are 9 more concentric circles where this exact same thing happens. Each "1" is a numerical expression of the GRAPHIC REPRESENTATION of the complete circle. And since there are 10 concentric circles the number 11.11111111 is 10 digits long. Therefore, the number 11.11111111 can be GRAPHICALLY REPRESENTED as the 10 concentric circles within this problem.

I sleep now.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I know how exciting this must be to every one having a circle crop, and most are circles, yield the fasicaning constant. If you know your constants and arcs and radii or diameters you can come up with these constants continually because they are for the most part geometries, and extensive work has been done in that area I believe.

I dont know much about math, just arithmetc. I do know a little about people. I do know this appeared In wilshire, county where the vast makority of the designs appear. In fact lat year it had about 14 circles, and this year its at 11. Of course June, is crop circle month worlwide, and we should expect a few more.
In fact, its big business as well as nice canvasses for artist, a whole industry with tours and all is buit on this phenomena. So much is being done this month to "Raise your consciousness" about how bad we have been to the earth., and what a good alien spanking we need. Earthfiles and Unknown Country, and Lucy Pringles and Sherwood, are are the patron saints in this arena, and are doing their best right now to help us understand.

Now, some of us, would get shot if going into a field at harvest. At least in the states. But if you wannabe a crop circle designer and submit your work , here is the following information. Along with a slew of dazzling hoxed circles, which have infuriated the patron saints, and ufo circle chasers.
Just tosday one of my colleagues downloaded and went to work and did his own. Seen below. You dont have to be a math wiz, all geometries contain exquisite math. let whoever finds yours, figure that out the intricacies themselves. . You can say hey, even I didnt know molecular biology and quantum physics was in there whoaaa .
shhh.you've got to keep it a secret. Microsoft, movie houses crps, all hire teams to do just that.

Plus a special message, if you really want to "rough it" out there with the pros
Contact

If you want to contact the 'circlemakers' drop us a line... alternatively you could hang around wheat fields in Wiltshire during July.

Those Brits are so amazingly hospitable, God bless them I can't wait to go there.

I will pass on the link to the global mufon to so you can do your own research , as well as the makers themselves.
ccdb.cropcircleresearch.com...

www.circlemakers.org...

Cheers

[edit on 16-6-2008 by Sys_Config]

[edit on 16-6-2008 by Sys_Config]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
This may seem kinda unrelated. But when I first looked at the crop formation, for some odd reason I keep thinking of the Aztec calender (or the Mayan Calender--I get them mixed up sometimes). I remember seeing in the Alien vs Predator film where Sebastian mentions that the Aztec calender was "metric--based on multiples of 10."

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
i like the way you communicated that, evil genius.

When dealing mathematically, working an equation backwards can yield strange results.

Reminds me of a "brain teaser" from when i was a kid (it is hard to type it...but you'll get the idea):

Me, Springer, and Rabbit are travelling, and have to stop at a motel. We get a suite that is only 30 bucks, and we each pony up a 10 spot to cover our share.

when we get upstairs, the bell hop tells us there was a mistake, and the room will only be 25 bucks. he returns 1 dollar to each of us, and keeps 2 for a "tip" ((1+1+1)+2)=5 bucks).

So...we each spent 9 bucks (as we each recieved 1 dollar back on our original 10 dollars spent):

9X3=27

And the bell hop kept 2 bucks:

27+2=29

But we originally gave up 30.

where did the other dollar go?

[edit on 16-6-2008 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marked One
This may seem kinda unrelated. But when I first looked at the crop formation, for some odd reason I keep thinking of the Aztec calender (or the Mayan Calender--I get them mixed up sometimes). I remember seeing in the Alien vs Predator film where Sebastian mentions that the Aztec calender was "metric--based on multiples of 10."

AS I said,math is not my forte, but the mayan theme or patterns can be found in you google those links I gave up there. It really is nice art . And that whole mayan phrophecy was worked into indiana Jones movie, along with glass skulls and aliens, and yes, even Roswell. Whitley has his movie 2012 war for souls, right now thats whats selling across the board.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Quick question: the Mayan calender designated 2012. Didn't the Aztec calender designate 2011.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by justyc

Well, yeah man, I mean look at all the circles in that pic.
One of them has 12 empty spaces, one of them has 12 corners........
the other one is just a circle.......

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
very cool ...good go

hmmmmm
0 doesn`t really exist.. so I see how you would jump from 9 to 11.

in essence it is going to 9 and then the sequence starts at 1 again.

I also see the 4/5 pattern from odd to even and even to odd.
The Pythagorean musical spiral(DNA) also follows this sequence.
from the root to the major 5th and the from that note
you go up a 4th and then it starts over again at the root(the 1)
but and octave higher

here are the natrual harmonic frequencies between 1 and 100hz.
the chart shows that natural wave growth is governed by Major 3rd
intervals while simultaneously doubling just like cell duplication.

anyway not sure if its at all helpful,,,but....
its from the mathematics department at birkley.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join