2008 Barbury Castle crop circle: pi solved?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
This thread made me believe your username is correct.

Please explain more. Are you saying zero doesn't exist? That's a philosophical concept we've inserted into mathematics? I have two right sides of the brain.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicstorm

Agreed, I'm not really seeing how the helix emerges. What dictates the turns? It looks like the numbers were just placed there, though I assume you used some sort of structure or equation.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Just to add for anyone attempting to remove 0 from the numerical system as a place holder.

9 and 0 have the exact same attributes. They are in effect reflections of each other. What does this mean? I do not know. I stumbled across this a few years ago and became heavily indulged in mathematics for a time, then because of a sudden life change I put it all to a hault and since forgotten what it was that was so special at the time.

I do recall that the digital root properties of the two numbers are amorphic.

9X4=36, 3+6=9. 0x4=0. And so on. At one point in time I began to understand the meaning of this, I no longer do. I shouldn't have stopped. Maybe I'll get back into it. At that moment in time I saw mathematics in a completely different spectrum than I do now.

I'm saddened by what has happened to me.

I wish I could provide more valuable input to this thread. So far I don't see anything of interest or credibility. Attempting to understand a numerical system that may not be base 10 or anything close to a whole base number on the basis of a base 10, is predisposed failure.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal
I wish I could provide more valuable input to this thread. So far I don't see anything of interest or credibility. Attempting to understand a numerical system that may not be base 10 or anything close to a whole base number on the basis of a base 10, is predisposed failure.

I agree. Although the circle being a representation of pi is interesting, I have no clue as to how the OP got a double helix in his picture. He's going to have to go into more explanation if he wants me to think something of it.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Parabol

I am probably completely off but to me the helix just looks right. Reading what he wrote:

A dual nature in numbers seems to appear when the 0s are gone.

1 is the beginning of the sequence, 11 is the end of one sequence and beginning of the next. The numbers seem to expand by the number before it. So from 1 to 2 we expand by 1 from center. For 3 we expand by 2 from center, until we hit 5. Then because of the need for balance, once we hit the middle, we collapse by the opposite way it expanded. The left to right also uses the dual notion, because if we have one, we have to have the other. We hit 11, then start again.

The part that got me was that if we are dropping the 0 wouldn't 11 be the first number since 1-9 would be represented 01, 02, 03, 04, 05...etc. Which to me would sort of make sense. 11 is an easier way to say first set of number, first digit. 15 is first set fifth digit. 111 would be first century, first set, first digit.

Like I said though, I could be completely off, I am not a huge math guy, just saw a pattern and my mind went with it. So I would appreciate if someone could tell me if my reasoning is pretty sound or just way off.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

Also, it's more of a macro counter if you look at it as taking out the 0. Because starting off with 1, is just 1. If the next number in the sequence is 11... 1+1=2. So really we just went 1, 2. Now when the next number is 21, it's really 2+1, which 3.

So the numbers are consistent. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9... if we continue. I remember at one point from studying crop circles that I too was attempting to remove 0 from the numberical system. In fact I have some psots on here from a couple years ago presenting it, but I won't dig them up unless something significant comes from this.

1-=1
11=2 (1+1)
21=3 (2+1)
31=4 (3+1)
41=5 (4+1)

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I saw the double helix when I lined up the numbers like so.

1 2
3 4
5 6
7 8
9 11
12 13

Notice how the odd and even numbers switch places if we remove the 0. The pattern breaks if we use 0s.

I know this isn't how most people look at math, but I look at things differently. Maybe there is no pattern... but I'm seeing a pattern and it looks like a double helix which is one of the most fundamental shapes in our universe. I don't think it's just a coincidence. When I first noticed it I just about jumped out of my chair!

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Anything to do with the fibonacci sequence perhaps?

0+1=1
1+1=2
2+1=3
3+2=5
5+3=8
8+5=13
13+8=21
21+13=34
34+21=55

???

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
it is an interesting idea, but you seem to be losing "0.11111111" for every number you advance. that would create a serious problem in drafting and architecture, would it not?

Not sure I understand correctly but I'll try. Every number you advance has .111111111 attached to it, so it transfers to the next.

and so on.

The fun part is when it goes straight from 9.999999999 to 11.11111111. That tells me that we inserted numbers that shouldn't be there. That is of course assuming that the crop circle is correct, because this is the only way I can understand this crop circle mathematically.

The hard part is translating from one number system to the next, even though all we're doing is removing the 0s. It's like learning a new language that hasn't been spoken before, or at least not for a very long time. I still count 10s automatically because it's been so ingrained in me. It actually takes quite a bit of concentration to think about this even though the concept is so simple.

I think that math can easily be the universal language. If indeed there is an advanced intelligence trying to communicate to us through crop circles, then we need to understand it to speak their language.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
1.111111 == 1 1/9
2.222222 == 2 2/9
3.333333 == 3 3/9
9.999999 == 9 9/9 == 10

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Yes, if we twist this, 9/9 does =10 because 1+0=1 and 9/9=1. But 9/9 could in this case also =100,000,000,000,000

So, how exactly does 9/9= 10? It CAN equal the sum of 10 in digital root addition, but not limited to 10. One with any degree of 0's will still equal 1.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
"UFO communications and attempting to make contact"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I posted something on our current numerical system being flawed.
I have increased on my proposition over the topic above that I posted some many months ago. The problem we have is with our number system. Some more can be found in my previous topic.
I have come up with a new number system that adds on 2 new number to fill in the value gap between 9 and 10.
Here is a table of values that will use a series of dots to represent the value of the number:

1 = *

2 = **

3 = ***

4 = ****

5 = *****

6 = ******

7 = *******

8 = ********

9 = *********
(For these two proposed values I will use some symbols in their place)
^ = **********

# = ***********

10 = ************

So essentially the original value of 10 would take on the original value of 12 because of the 2 new numbers being put in place.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by godismath

Also, pi is the ratio between circumfrence and diameter, it wouldn't have anything to do with an infinite curve.

Imagine it like this. You have a circle, your circle is a rubber band. You take a toothpick and cut it to fit the measure of the diameter (the diameter has to be 1 for pi to = 3.14...) You then take your rubber band and make one cut and roll it out of its circle into a straight line.

Anyway, here's a good depiction, please look. There is an animation as well.

Visual representation of pi.

[edit on 15-6-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

1 = *

2 = **

3 = ***

4 = ****

5 = *****

6 = ******

7 = *******

8 = ********

9 = *********

this concept is the source of the helix....a graphical representation of the numerical values.

it is very interesting as a mathematical concept. and provides much to think about.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
All I know is 11.000000000...will continue indefinitely. Not so?

I'm no mathematician, so I can't be of any real use here, but I do find this very interesting. FLAGGED!

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by godismath
Recently a crop circle appeared at Barbury Castle which astrophysicist Mike Reed noticed was a depiction of pi.

I hate to bash this thread, but it really is pretty bunk. In fact, the above quote from the astrophysicist is the only thing worth noting that is actually fact. The crop circle is and only is a depiction of pi.

Let's take a look at what's really going on here.

You have concentric circles divided into 10 slices. Each slice is colored in to represent each digit of pi. And each digit of pi, moves you one concentric circle from the inside to the outside.

Now, you want us to focus on the non-shaded areas of the circle. And from that you come up with the other number. All that other number represents is the adding up of the other slices to a total of 10. Which it should, since there are 10 slices of the circles. There's no big mystery there. So, every single concentric circle adds up to 10, with part of the slices being colored in and the others not.

Now, all the other junk, is just that...junk. Lemme explain. You are using a base 10 system of numbers to set up the circle in the first place. It is divided into 10 slices. The number pi itself comes from this same base 10 system. So, to make some leap to leaving out the zero makes absolutely no sense, when you are using the zero in the first place to make the slices. I hope you see the logic in that.

Second, so you decided to add the two numbers together and it comes out to be 11.11111111. At this point, you really need to understand what exactly you are adding together. You are adding two numbers which represent slices of a circle. All of the slices (10 total) equal 1 Circle. Therefore, each digit when added to the other half is going to equal 10.

For example, let's take the first digit 3 and it's opposite 7. Add them together and you get 10. Take the second digit 1 and it's opposite 9. Add them together and you get 10. When you have 10 out of 10 that equals 1 (10/10=1 ie. 1 complete circle). Therefore, the number you come out with is 11.11111111. Each "1" represents a complete concentric circle from the inside to the outside.

I feel that's enough to make my point as the rest of what you say doesn't really make sense after understanding what it is you are really adding together. Especially things like 11.11111111=1 (which it does not) and the whole helix thing (which seems more like you are seeing some cool visual on acid).

The crop circle itself...very cool. Not a real difficult thing to figure out, but cool nonetheless.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
O.K. Honestly you people are spending way too much time playing with abstract and pointless concepts that have nothing to do with the real world.
Go out, have a beer or three, get laid and stop worrying over numbers.
You can twist this type of thing around until the end of time and what good is going to come from it, nothing, absolutely nothing! If there is no such thing as the number 10 then how may I ask, do I have 10 fingers and 10 toes, how do I have 10 dollars in my pocket, etc............. I am sure you could find something better to do with your time! Go volunteer in your spare time, help build housing for homeless people, help out in a soup kitchen, go fishing, hiking, bike riding or at least do something meaningful.
Oh and it has been proven that people make crop circles not aliens or god or whatever.
www.circlemakers.org...

[edit on 6/16/2008 by BroonStone]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Hello Everyone:
I'm a long time observer but this is my first post. First of all I'd like to say "godismath" is absolutely correct. This is a very unique and fascinating way of communicating mathematics, even if someone's DOG did it. (Wasn't my dog though, "Cujo" doesn't know the difference in "bring me 1 beer or bring me 2 beers".) I believe Mike Reed made a very astute observation. And, I believe "godismath" has expanded it even further. I personally noticed some patterns having to do with prime numbers but keep hitting brick walls. Someone with more than 8 brain cells left may want to look into that. (CBS are my initials and I have nothing to do with the network before some WAAAY OUT THERE conspiracy freak even gets started on me.) Wish everyone the best & look forward to contributing more when appropriate.
THX,
CBS01

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

Interesting... one similarity I noticed between your base 12 and my base 9.9 math is that the pi ratio (2/3) fits into both. I think this may be the key. For that matter base 6 may work too.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Wow, you could have stumbled upon something big... fyi, I would normally be login in but...

Anyways... You might have found a very intresting pattern, and I regonize math talent in that. You should show that to a university or something... I have yet to seen talent like that in deciphering things like that

John Lear? Is that you?

And yes, this is an excellent thread by the way. Awesome job here.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join