It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ties between sovereignty declaration and OKC bombing?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I decided to start this thread after reading about Oklahoma Declares Sovereignty

I don't want to stink up that thread with doom and gloom after such seemingly good news, but something doesn't sit right with me. Could there be some connection here, between such a poignant re-affirmation of sovereignty and the OKC bombing? Keep in mind that the bombing was an attack on Federal authority, supposedly in the name of liberty.

[edit on 6/14/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

So you saying Ok might have been behind the bombing?

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Smart choice not to hi jack the other thread no pun intended but I have been reading up on McVeigh and he was a big anti government guy who was really pissed off over Waco and Ruby ridge. He believed that people were losing their freedoms from the federal government and this was his wake up call to the people. Now we get great news about Oklahoma declaring sovereignty I mean to me this is great and I just wonder if a little just a little bit of this was from the sacrifice of McVeigh.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Here is an interesting link
www.trutv.com...

and here is a quote

The perpetrator, twenty-seven-year-old Timothy James McVeigh, by now safely away from the devastation was convinced he acted to defend the Constitution, for he saw himself as crusader, warrior avenger and hero

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

So you saying Ok might have been behind the bombing?

Not as a whole probably, but perhaps some faction therein, even officially perhaps.

But you can even bring that around full circle to see the potential for a new false-flag operation. Not even an outright attack necessarily, but a squashed political insurgeny might be just the ticket to reign in full martial-law once and for all.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Yea, I could see where this is going. They will say it is for our protection and people will sell their freedoms because they will throw the Fed card around.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Has Mr. McVeigh been executed yet?

If not I wonder how he feels about this.....

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
He was executed a long time ago. So I dont think he feels anything

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by careface

Actually, he was executed in Terra Haute exactly three months to the day, before 9/11. His execution had been delayed pending appeal, but he suddenly dropped all appeals so that his execution could proceed, giving only cryptic explanations why.

He was the first person executed by the Federal government in nearly 40 years.

I highly recommend the book "Others Unknown" written by his own lawyer, who has been released of attorney-client privilege restrictions.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
3 months to the day....interesting....its crap like this that makes me wonder. Did he maybe know something we didnt? Rumor has it he bunked with Jose Padilla in Florida for a few years.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
3 months to the day....interesting....its crap like this that makes me wonder. Did he maybe know something we didnt?

He was a patsy. Do you think someone that is going to blow up building and at least try and get away with it would rent a rental truck in his name? Do you think it funny the ATF was at another location on a false pretenses and was not at the Fed building? Or the fact that it was not treated as a crime scene but was destroyed right away?

It was a self inflicted wound.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Do you think someone that is going to blow up building and at least try and get away with it would rent a rental truck in his name?

...and then try to "hide" by taking the tags off his car?

Nothing says, "hey cop look at me," like driving with no tags.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I spent a lot of time looking into the bombing back in the day. I never did become convinced that McVeigh acted on his own behalf. There are just WAY too many discrepancies in the case. Too bad more people don't realize what really went down that day.

Just like in the case of 9/11, a whole lot of pre-packaged legislation magically appeared within days of the event.

I fear though, that these people are slowly being backed into a corner, and should they feel threatened enough they will use more such 'tactics' to subdue and threaten the public. Back a wild animal into a corner, and the lilelyhood of getting bitten is severe.

These are dangerous times we live in....

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
This can become one of those great conspiracies given proper thinking.

There is so much more about McVeigh that will never be released by the government. There are some very interesting facts that were not disclosed at his trial. This just happens to be a conspiracy I do believe in.

Now, to tie it in with OK's decision to leave the Union. You'd have to look at the people who started the petition or the funding aspect of the lobbyists used. Is there a connection to McViegh's friends in OK.

This will tell you much and also if there is a national group trying this in other states.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

I for one, would be quite interested to learn the motivations behind this declaration of sovereignty. Who benefits, who is funding the initiative, is there any opposition in place, etc.?

This all seems so ethereal at the moment. Too much so. When you can't see the angles, you know you're in trouble.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I totally agree hinky and Jack btw Hinky this may be one of the first times we agree on something
Hinky first I like you feel there is more to the McVeigh story and really always have but its kinda like the 9/11 case where you really dont want to question in consideration for the dead. But I think now is a good time to start asking questions.

On Jack I have the some questions why now? If we are already so free as the propaganda machines make out why do we have to "remind" the government of states rights? Its going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The biggest reason that makes me think he didn't do it? THERE WERE KIDS IN THE BUILDING. There are two broad types of "anti-government" people in the U.S. The first, being general anarchists, are against any type of government at all. I wouldn't put it past those of this type to blow up little kids. The second is those that think the federal government needs to mind it's own business, and stay out of everyone else's business. I think McVeigh's actions long before the OKC bombing show that he would be of this type.

Besides, it doesn't make LOGICAL sense. You are upset that the feds came into Waco and Ruby Ridge and killed a bunch of kids, so then you go and kill a bunch of kids? Think about that for a moment.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Therre are bigger things than that which don't make sense. It's sad that kids died, sure, but collateral damage does happen in war. It is possible that he, or others unknown, may have viewed this as a necessary sacrifice to stop the Feds from killing any more kids themselves in the future.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky
I can remember watching and listening to the whole OKC bombing ordeal play out (yeah, I'm an old fart
). I remember listening to the description of the bomb and how it was delivered and thinking to myself, "this guy is too much of an idiot to carry something like this out".

I also remember that someone from the Middle East, with known ties to terrorist organizations, was being sought because their luggage was re-routed by accident through London. There, the authorities found "undisclosed records" and several detonators exactly like those used in OKC. I also remember this story, which had obviously grabbed my attention, was quickly buried.

At the time, I felt that McVeigh was targeted as someone with questionable militia ties to blow up the Murrah Building. He was assisted by someone from the Middle East, who gave him the necessary material, including detonators, to allow him to carry out the bombing. This someone, I believe, was used as a makeshift Federal Agent in order to get the deed done, with the full knowledge and assistance of the US government.

The purpose was the same as the result of the 9-11 bombing. Control. Control by the government of the people. While some progress was made, it was not fully effective. So we had to wait until planes hit the WTC to get the full effect the government wanted.

I still believe that. And I wonder, if a government that has already blown up one of it's own buildings and at the least been passive in not preventing the 9-11 tragedy will not stoop to punish those who conspire against them?

I also fear that even the 9-11 policy changes were not enough. I am expecting a major terrorist strike in the US before the present election cycle completes. Now I have a location to watch.

I fear for Oklahoma.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
The biggest reason that makes me think he didn't do it? THERE WERE KIDS IN THE BUILDING. There are two broad types of "anti-government" people in the U.S. The first, being general anarchists, are against any type of government at all. I wouldn't put it past those of this type to blow up little kids.

I feel this is a gross misrepresentation. Those who truly believe in complete and total freedom for all individuals, regardless of sex, race, religions, lifestyle, age, etc... would be less likely to "blow up little kids" than those who believe that "the end justifies the means" because, as you said, some form of government (coercion, control) is necessary. Government is like an Inquisition or a jihad, doing nothing but imposing its own ideals on those who dissent and destroying those who will not obey/convert.

I realize most people have been bred, born and brainwashed to be dependent upon government, and thus most of us are too petty and narrow-minded to make a society work without government - but that is our birth right and one day humanity may learn to live with this awesome responsibility that has been ours all along...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join