It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP Show Looking for New Segments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Now that the AP Show's format has "stabilized," we're looking at a few new options. We'd like your input.

We're looking for ATS members who can make decent digital voice recordings. All you need is a GOOD microphone and a recording program like Audacity, which you can get for free.

We're interested in recurring segments, or one time efforts that are intended to report a news item.

This will also include opinion pieces.

We're looking for an average run time of two minutes. You don't have to put in music or anything else. This isn't that much different that what the otehr guys ask for on The ATS Mix or The BTS Mix.

ALL ATS T&C's apply. Your voice will be going out to MILLIONS, so we need to stress clean language and good recording. We're gonna be a pain about this, too. There is no point in being brilliant if we can't understand a word you said.

You can reply in this thread, or u2 Martin or myself as you see fit. There's no deadline on this. You wil lhave deadlines if you are selected to do a recurring segment. The AP Show's mandate is clear. We're going to talk politics, but...we're going to do it in a new way without party specific agendas.

Tell us what you think!

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Providing the members are willing I would respectful suggest the following members and roles from what I have heard .

Infinite would be my pick for the shows European reporter . When it comes to dealing with issues related to US politics I think it would be great to have Don White and Johnny Utah(SP?) briefly debating the issues . One perceptive that is missing from ATS rather then just the AP Show is that of the view of the world from Asia . Such things cannot be helped .

[edit on 14-6-2008 by xpert11]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
For logistical reasons, we need to ask for members who can record their own stuff. We like the suggestions. Who knows? We may yet find somebody to cover the news from Asia.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I would like to do a one off segment later on in the year concerning this year NZ election . Since the election date has yet to be announced there is no need for any immediate decision on this matter. If the decision is taken not use a segment from me no offence will be taken as I understand that the best interests of the show must come before anything else .

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
I would like to do a one off segment later on in the year concerning this year NZ election . Since the election date has yet to be announced there is no need for any immediate decision on this matter. If the decision is taken not use a segment from me no offence will be taken as I understand that the best interests of the show must come before anything else .

Ah-hah. I see that you HAVE done your own podcasts. I'll u2 you about that election segment. That's just the kind of thing we need.

top topics

join