It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italy defends move to patrol streets with soldiers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The youth related crimes are skyrocketing especialy in countries that used to have relaxed laws on illegal immigration, such as Spain, Italy and Greece.
Never forget that these states are the border states of the Europian Union bordering middle east and the african continent thus would need more protection in the coming changes of a looming food and energy crisis.
Italians are not crazy, they probably have seen some worrying trends in crime behavior or are expecting some major events somewhere in the future where populations might resort to crime just for survival.
I would not want a gun totting albanian or african ex militants (trained and serviced in NATO operations) leading their local gangs anywhere near my streets.
I propose that also Greece and Spain should adopt such philosophy.
It might resemble a martial state philosophy but there is a bright side.
What if there is a looming global system collapse no one is telling us anything about?
To whom would you rely on when such a time comes?
Imagine an army of illegals invading your numerous shores trying to reach Europian mainland because of some explosive global situation.
Wouldn't you people criticize your own governments if they were caught unprepared in such future scenarios?

[edit on 15-6-2008 by spacebot]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Imagine an army of illegals invading your numerous shores...

Imagine? None of us needs to imagine that, it's happening!

I passed through Grand Central Station in NY a month ago--and they still have uniformed troops there.

On a related note, they just announced that National Guard troops here in the United States are ending their decade-long deployment on our southern border.

Problem-Reaction-Solution

Create the (immigration)crisis, then offer the police-state solution.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I have been over here and I see the Caribanari as a good thing for the most part...I do not know how corrupt they may be but that is besides the point. In life you have to take the good with the bad. Pick your battles and fight them and let the rest go so you can at least enjoy part of your life and not sopend it trying to fix what is wrong everywhere. The caribanari seem to be working over here and it is not as bad as people may think. I have never seen them hurt anyone...they are actually pretty helpful and have asssisted me a few times.reply to post by SystemiK

<< 1   >>

join