It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all DOOMSAYERS: "Things are getting BETTER" says author Jullian Simon [VIDEO]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Currently I am reading a great book about how the world really is (700 pages) "Untimate Resource 2".

Some suggests that Simon's ideas are "ridiculous" (in spite of the fact that he has been proven right, time and time again, and the doomsayers have to come out with new books every few years, adjusting forward their predictions of a doomsday that never comes), and go on to say some very stupid things about "limits to the food supply."

In the first hundred pages of this book, Simon details cutting-edge technologies being employed commercially today that could raise worldwide food production by orders of magnitude. But the eco-tastrophe crowd keeps talking about "closed systems," in spite of the fact that every new technological innovation keeps making the "system" effectively larger and larger.

The author Jullian Simon gives a good argument that things actually are getting better not worse on planet earth.

I highly recommend everybody to go here and watch his talk:

Video 1

Video 2

Video 3

Video 4

Video 5

Video 6

I'm sure it will make many of you feel much better about our situation, as it has for me... enjoy!

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
My personal take is that things could be going better, if we make the right choices, but it depends a lot on what happens in the short term. I see our times as a phase shift, a fractal phenomenon in the political timeline of great instability that precedes a time of long term stability. Whether it will be good stability or a bad stability, ie, democracy or opression, is still caught up in the short term instability.

I am optimist though, these are interesting times full of possibility.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
My personal take is that things could be going better, if we make the right choices, but it depends a lot on what happens in the short term. I see our times as a phase shift, a fractal phenomenon in the political timeline of great instability that precedes a time of long term stability. Whether it will be good stability or a bad stability, ie, democracy or opression, is still caught up in the short term instability.

I am optimist though, these are interesting times full of possibility.

Thanks for the posting. That is exactly how I see the coming challanges in the years ahead. I think he is right on so many points in the video interview... however, he emphazises the freedom let the people develop the world to the better side of the story. I am afraid there are still a lot of negative thoughts and forces to overcome.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I find it ironic that so many need to read what they think and believe in a book or magazine or hear it on the news; that what is right and wrong is not a something we each know in our own minds and hearts but depends upon what the MOB is says or some leader or maybe the guy who signs your paycheck or as long as this or that is not or has not yet directly impacted you, all is well.

For my part, there is not one man or woman alive now whom I could honestly call great; not one I would pledge my unyielding support because in my opinion, the bugs have taken over; trhe little men, the frauds and liars and puppets.

No, I am not a Doomsayer, this world will not end and will go on long after all of us and our childrens children are dust but like you and all those who search their hearts and look deep into the mirror, you know, you know this planet is due a purging and clensing, a cleaning and culling of what has become corrupt and sick and perverted, and on the other side of the purging maybe great and noble men and women will again arise but they will come on the far side of what has begun. This generation is due its karma; think what you like and whatever gets you through the night; you have embraced liars and cheats and thieves and stood by while great wrongs were done...you knew it, you know it. Propaganda will not feed your families or put gas in your tank; lies will not be made the truth because you wish it to be so.

Ironically, as much as all religions are man made, each hold just enough truth to go forward; mankind will go forward and maybe it will be your children that will be the good people of the future.

Read and believe what you want, it will not change the truth and one of the truths is the USA is not and will not be the country it once was; we have been sold down the tubes and the worst has not yet begun.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Cry me a river, the song, started playing in my mind while reading this anonymous post.

That is excessive negativism, there are good and bad people, it's been a constant in history, and bad people tend to thrive in liberal capitalist economies. But good people have numbers and purity of intention. While I admit the possibility of things getting worse I do sincerely believe that things will get better everywhere, even in the US. Focus on the energy problem and everything else will get better from there.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I find it ironic that so many need to read what they think and believe in a book or magazine or hear it on the news;

Well then, where do you find your information?

that what is right and wrong is not a something we each know in our own minds and hearts but depends upon what the MOB...

Most people believe they can right from wrong well enough, but since very few really agree on what's right and what's wrong, it's obvious that a second opinion can be of value.

Register, for goodness's sake, and become a member, so that we can discuss this properly.

new topics

top topics

join