It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gridkeeper admits Walson video's are Satellites!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The newest video Gridkeeper has posted to You Tube is titled "Amateur Satellite Tracking 2008 UFO, USO, USS, USSO, UMSSM," and can be found at: www.youtube.com...

When chided about the new title he responded: "No, like I have said many times before I don't know what they are, some appear to be satellites and many others have no explanation. " Of course, he has promoted them here, on other UFO sites and Godlike productions as mystery objects, Star Wars, etc. when all along they were known to be satellites.

Of course, you cannot accidentally track a satellite, you have to know what and where it is and guide your scope to track it so; it was known all along that this is what they are. Why all of the hype, Gridkeeper/Griddy/John Lenard Walson?

Regarding my $5000 challenge to them the only one who responded was Gridkeeper who said that he cannot come because he doesn't have a U.S. Passport. When I told him I was planning on visiting Wales and would meet him later in the year he ignored me.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Star Ranger
Of course, you cannot accidentally track a satellite, you have to know what and where it is and guide your scope to track it so; it was known all along that this is what they are.

Whatever Gridkeeper/Mr Walson may say about their images, I'm completely certain they are hoaxed. (This forum has already concluded that). All orbiting objects, from the ISS to a wayward nut and bolt, are logged and tracked on a daily basis by NORAD. NORAD publishes orbital data (called two line elements) for every one of several thousand objects (excluding anything top secret). This allows astronomers to track a selected target with extreme accuracy. I've used these data myself to track and photograph the ISS for example, using an automated Meade 10" telescope. If Mr Walson was actually recording anything in orbit, he would require the orbital elements. There is no other way to do it. It cannot be done by hand. That means other people would be able to replicate the Gridkeeper videos. Nobody has. Nobody has because these objects aren't really up there.
I have all the equipment and more that Mr Walson says he uses to record these images. I'm also a seasoned astronomer and can easily distiguish an image of anything at great distance and something standing in the back yard. These objects are of the latter variety. To demonstrate this, I created three videos which matched the broad optical characteristics of the ones Gridkeeper promotes through YouTube, etc. Members of ATS agreed that I had probably replicated Mr Walson's technique. Unfortunately I used some commercial soundtrack/music on these films and decided to delete them from YouTube in case I got tied up with copyright issues. Anyway, that's where the issue rests as far as most of us here are concerned.

WG3

WG3

[edit on 14-6-2008 by waveguide3]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Oh yeah, I agree that it's a hoax. What really pisses me off now is that he's on You Tube saying "..like I have said many times before I don't know what they are, some appear to be satellites and many others have no explanation..." when CLEARLY, he was hyping them as Mystery Machines, Black Ops, etc and now he's attempting to play it off as if he never implied anything. Well, if the fact that he was posting it here isn't enough to prove otherwise then the hyperbole in his titleing of them on You Tube and Blip TV should.

As I pointed out, you HAVE to know what satellite you are tracking and that it is indeed a Satellite. They go by in just a few minutes so there's no way you're going to accidentally track one and NOT know what it is.

I'm also pretty much convinced that he **IS** John Lenard Walson. Otherwise, he would not defend the videos so rabidly or say things like "John Lenard Walson is the best astronomer in he world" which is clearly rubbish!

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by waveguide3

All orbiting objects, from the ISS to a wayward nut and bolt, are logged and tracked on a daily basis by NORAD. NORAD publishes orbital data (called two line elements) for every one of several thousand objects (excluding anything top secret). This allows astronomers to track a selected target with extreme accuracy. I've used these data myself to track and photograph the ISS for example, using an automated Meade 10" telescope.

[edit on 14-6-2008 by waveguide3]

I thought NORAD stopped publishing the data for public consumption. I don't know where I read that, but I saw it somewhere not too long ago. Have you tried to get updated data files in the last few months?

Just curious....

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
I thought NORAD stopped publishing the data for public consumption. I don't know where I read that, but I saw it somewhere not too long ago. Have you tried to get updated data files in the last few months?

The orbital elements for several thousand satellites and space debris are available to the public form Space-Track.org
I believe the changes they have made amount to registration. You must register with the organisation and basically agree to the conditions of use. Once they approve your application (takes a couple of days), you can download the data as required. I do this very regularly, especially if I want to predict flyovers of various satellites. Even the ISS requires fresh orbital elements (they're all updated twice a day) if you are to get precise tracking with a goto telescope. I updated my 'Visual' satellite listing five minutes ago.

There are several popular tracker packages to use with a telescope. I use 'Satellite Tracker' written by Brent Boshart. This runs on a laptop, which takes control of the telescope's drive and basically tracks the selected target. You can learn more about tracking satellites by joining one of the discussion groups. I'm a member os the Satellite Tracker Group

WG3

[edit on 15-6-2008 by waveguide3]

[edit on 15-6-2008 by waveguide3]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by waveguide3

I have a GoTo mount but use Starry Nights Pro which will show them on screen and/or tell the scope to track them. The Meade (which is what he uses) also can do this

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by waveguide3

grid and lenard walson are just here and there to spread miss information and to diss credit scientific ufology

if you even bother to mention them, then they are winning by throwing serious RESEARCHERS of the sent, they my even be paid to miss inform, and are not worth your time,

DONT EVEN BOTHER
AND LOOK IN MORE CREDIBLE DIRECTIONS AND CREDIBLE RESEARCHERS

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Star Ranger

I am just an ordinary person,in truth,I am a christian.What I say when I say christian is a sinner saved by the blood of Christ.I am not in church,but am part of His church.I am writing you in regards to Gridkeeper.You see,he has been a so-called friend of mine for a few months of this year.I have been a lonely soul in search of the truth for a long time just like everyone else,I pray,are and is.....honestly.Because now that I have looked at what everyone has done with their search for the truth,I am truly, hurt for you guys.....all of you....you have turned it into a game.When everyone should be sharing what they have with each other to get to the total truth of it they don't.I am ashamed.It reminds me of Washington D.C.yOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED TOO.

top topics

join