It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma Declares Sovereignty

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The first state to secede will have this particular person applying for political asylum.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by US Monitor

Seriously, 5 minutes of searching (if that) will grant you all the pictures and threads you could ask for. And then there's google..

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Well, I suppose this resolution is a nice little piece of grandstanding but it carries about as much gravitas as declaring Rocky Road as the official state ice cream.

That's why you haven't heard of this, kids. Outside of letting the politicos of the Oklahoma statehouse bask in feel-good smugness for the length of time it took them to do the roll call this resolution is of no real import what-so-ever.

Let's see the Attorney General file a suit against the Feds and maybe somebody will take notice.

[edit on 14-6-2008 by IAttackPeople]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Rex 84 buddy, search that term and you will have enough reading marerial to keep you occupied for days on end. It's not a secret program, though it's intended use may turn out to be quite a secret.

[edit on 14-6-2008 by SystemiK]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
This topic is a hoax. Bill 1089 died in the rules committee of the senate without coming to a vote. That is why there is no news.
This is the governor's website with all the bills he either signed or vetoed at the end of this session.

www.gov.ok.gov...

Oklahoma is one of the many states that gets far more in federal money than we pay in and a total whore to big oil and the defense industry.
Unfortunately, I actually live here in OKC and Charles Key is my official Ass-Hat representative. He is also the top conspiracy wing-nut on the OKC bombing. He claims he has all this secret information, but never produces it.
His political allies were in control of all branches of government for 6 years with a GWOT to boot. If there was ever a time to tie Tim McVeigh to Islamic terrorism, he missed it several years ago.

If you need some more evidence of what kind of lunatics are ruining this state, just look at HB 2633 at the bottom. They wanted to make it illegal for a public school teacher to give a lower grade to any student who gives religious answers on tests. Oh, yeah. These is reel smart peepl. (sic)

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I do not believe that anyone has brought this up in this thread:

Assume for a moment that the states insist on this, and prevail. I believe that the Constitution must then be rolled back to some earlier and version which was enacted using proper procedure. The reset having been invalidated as it did not require the approval of the States. I would think that roll back would be the Constitution plus the first ten amendments’.

I would love to hear from someone who is knowledgeable on this!

How would this be handled, say if all 50 states held this position, and the Federal Government had no alternative but to acquiesce, or declare war on all of its States and people?

Would this if left at it's default eliminate the first ten ammendments along with the more recent Federalist baggage. Or would it accept all ammendments as currently documented?

I wish that Oklahoma had stated clearly what of the Constitution and it's ammendments are legal and binding in their view.

[edit on 14-6-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Jackinthebox, in reply to this:

That is not actually the case. I have the proof waiting in an email for a Premium submission.

Suffice to say though, that the Federals are in fact the "big dog" and you are living under martial law, as you have been your entire life.

all I can say is that you can't hang a prisoner till you have him in hand. We may very well be under martial law, in some form or extent. But much like being found guilty in absentia, unless you can carry out the sentence, it means nothing.

[edit on 14-6-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Question Fate

Sorry but I am asking for real proof not fantasy.

Lets see it. I didn't make the claim, and I am calling out the person who did to back it up with reputable sources.

Shouldn't be too hard right?

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
GO MY NORTHERN BROTHER! GO OKLAHOMA GO!
Yes, finnally some justice in this country! I hope good O'l Texas will step in and join the bandwagon on this one. If Oklahoma can do it, Texas can, then we will start to see some change.

-Jimmy

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemiK

I love when people tell me to look up proof for them. I didn't make the claim.
the burden of proof lies with the person making the claim. It isn't for me to prove him right. I want anyone who makes such a claim to SHOW me irrefutable proof. How hard is that?

If I claim something, I will back it up. I won't ask someone else to do it for me.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by US Monitor

I love when people tell me to look up proof for them.

I didnt 'tell' you to do jack [snip]. You mentioned wanting more information and I gave you a lead, sorry if that offended you. If you don't wish to pursue it then fine, don't.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
Wow man if this is passed through all the channels and passed I am moving to OK. Seriously. Is there 4 seasons there or is it all desert. Im looking for a 4 season atmosphere and trees. Fill me in. Ive been looking at NH and IA but if OK does this they will be on my list of places Im might move to.

We have 4 seasons like everyone else.

As for the land, there is enough variety that most should be able to find that which suits. The west is closer to desert while the east has trees, hills, lakes, etc.

Now, as to one poster's doubt about the okhouse.gov site...it is for real and was one of the ones we used in my college political science and law classes.

Now...for my reaction,

IT'S ABOUT TIME WE WERE LISTENED TO! What took so long?

As to why...right off the top of my head I can name several reasons;

Real ID (already mentioned),

Eminent domain (a land grab for the corporations which is very wrong and out of control),

No child's behind left,

etc.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Well you've got a point there. Someone tried to argue with me earlier today about certain laws being there to "protect" people, from things like robbery and such. I pointed out to that member that there was nothing stopping someone from robbing him, despite the laws on the books.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

OK I get it.. You want proof, someone shows you proof. But then here's the problem. It's not the proof YOU were looking for because to you if you don't believe it then its not really proof. I get it now.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Just a reminder. I know such things can become heated, and before we get to open flame, remember to speak about the subject, and not each other.

We wouldn't want ATS to be confused with a bunch of Washington hyenas.

We're better than that.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I am forced to be reminded of Texas v. White, 74 U.S. 700 (1869), wherein the U.S. Supreme Court declared that the Constitution did not permit states to leave the Union once they joined, as Article IV of the Constitution gives "every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government." That, in they eyes of the Court, implied that Texas was always a state and that every act of the Texas legislature (and all the other seceding states) during the Civil War was "absolutely null."

Therefore, Oklahoma cannot leave the Union.

[edit on 6/14/2008 by Mr. Sir]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Oklahoma OK!!!!

Man I hope this is true. States rights! Right on!!!

Real people live in each of our states and if we cannot be represented in congress then f*ck em!

Well have our own damned United States and they can have DC!!

Way to go OK!!

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Question Fate

OK I get it.. You want proof, someone shows you proof. But then here's the problem. It's not the proof YOU were looking for because to you if you don't believe it then its not really proof. I get it now.

How would you know what I think? You don't. And judging from the overall lack of ANY evidence to support these claims I am going to dismiss them as just empty words on a message board.

BTW a nice little cop out for not producing any so called "evidence". Instead of letting your sources speak for you, you instead take a defensive position when asked to support your claims. I get it that you can't support your views, just admit it and lets move on.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Im a suprised and proud of my state. We do have a deeply seated independent stance and a good bit of ingrained native american culture here.
Plus you have to be tough and maybe a little crazy to deal with our weather

I had no idea there were so many okies here!!
reply to post by mybigunit

if you want trees and landscape move to the eastern and parts of the southern part of the state, the middle parts are flat and flat with more flat down the road. But there are sections of absolutely breathtaking land.
We also have more shoreline than any other state in the nation...nothing beats a weekend at the lake with no tv no decent phone reception but a lot of good food and family and friends.

Everyone says they hate oklahoma but I think they have probably driven down I-44 on their way to somewhere else and think that is the entire state...not so, not even close.

I live in Tulsa and its a damn fine mid sized city to raise a family in and the actual city is really pretty to boot, even after all the huge trees were damaged last christmas

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SystemiK

Originally posted by US Monitor

I love when people tell me to look up proof for them.

I didnt 'tell' you to do jack [snip]. You mentioned wanting more information and I gave you a lead, sorry if that offended you. If you don't wish to pursue it then fine, don't.

"SIGH"... You didn't give me a lead, you gave me a cop out. You didn't provide a source, you just made a blanket statement that the information is out there and use google. How is that useful to your assertion? I am asking you to back up claims that I say are false. Prove me wrong if you can. The burden is on you to validate your claims, not for me to do that for you.

Hey I know, let me say that the sky is green, and instead of backing it up, I am just going to tell you the proof is there and see for yourself on google. Now how would that prove my case? It wouldn't. It is a simple cop out because you don't have proof, or not any that can withstand any scrutiny.

Now if you do have irrefutable proof, I actually want to see it. I want to see what has convinced you that these concentration camps are there. See who is being interned there. See who runs them. Why the people are there.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join