It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nonstop coverage of Tim Russert while....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Afghanistan is going to hell for one thing, and what else?

The MSM doesn't report on Afghanistan anyway, so I don't think we were missing breaking news here.

As Kleverone said, Tim Russert dying is a powerful story...I loved the guy, and loved Meet the Press. And as you said, it's 24 hour media coverage, that's a lot of time to fill...and it could be equated to ...say....one of the owners of ATS died suddenly...what would happen? It would be non stop threads and posts for days...as it should be...and he was a journalist/new figure, why wouldn't you expect this? Especially because EVERYONE liked him, he was an all around great guy

I will miss him.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I respect all the man has done, but this has been blown completely out of proportion, and you would have to be blind not to see that. I understand that some people consider him to be a family member (even those who have only seen him through the screen of their television and nothing else), but COME ON. Throw a giant 3-hour Super Special or something, let's all grieve, say our prayers, and get on with life.

Heck, even if it was 24 hours, I wouldn't mind if it was all new material, but it's the same material being repeated hour after hour after hour non-stop. For instance, without ATS, I would have never known that Oklahoma declared its sovereignty. I agree that he was a man deserving of remembrance, but in my opinion, if Tim Russert were alive today, he, as a journalist, would be disgusted as to how pretty much all the news networks are ignoring their duty -- to provide news to the American people.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by LeeHawt

Could not agree with you more ...To bad the man died however: I never thought of him as a great journalist. To me he was Cheney,s favorite butt boy!

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I hadn't even heard of the guy until i read this thread therefore i am unbiased in my response and reaction to this thread.

I can understand that a well repected person in his industry dying suddenly would warrant a lot of trubutes from his peers.
If he were a sportsman then he would recieve a lot of tributes from sports people, he was a journalist and so he recieves tributes from other journalists which is understandable.

On the other side of the argument, there is precidence in the U.K. at least for a major news story being used to cover up the release of news embarrassing to the government.
For example (and i may be a little off on this) i think that in the U.K. a memo was leaked that said something along the lines of that at the time due to the extensive coverage of 9/11 then it would be a good time to release and distract from potentially embarrassing governmental news.

I take no side on this argument but i can see merit in both sides posts on this topic.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Rotoplooker
As of this morning (Sunday) all seems back to normal. Maybe someone from CNN reads ATS?

Again, my condolences to Tim's family. I will miss him as well, although not as deeply. But my thanks to CNN as well, for getting back on track so fast.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
No other interviewer or show had the influence to bring any political figure up close and personal like Meet the Press with Tim Russert as host, 1 day of coverage to me is not too much, his show helped bring information straight from the horses mouths, not twisted or misquoted like a lot of written news.

I think that to complain about this is trivial and really not unless you are 24 hour news junky shouldn't be as big of a problem as what it is being made out to be, a lot of people made decisions and have come to conclusions about a lot of the powerbrokers in Washington thanks to Tim Russert and his way of getting straight to the point and putting folks on the hot seat.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
...This seems totally out of proportion while there's so much else going on that they are virtually ignoring. For heaven's sake, they've barely even mentioned Obama since Russert died. This is just...very, very odd. Almost like a total news blackout. There's something they don't want us focusing on...

[edit on 14-6-2008 by ~Lucidity]

[edit on 14-6-2008 by ~Lucidity]

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

Whenever the news focuses on one thing, to the exclusion of all else, there is something that they don't want you looking at.

In an entirely unrelated coincidence, on 9/11 (or the day after, I forget), the office of Naval Intelligence was to report on the Pentagon having TRILLIONS missing from it's budget. In another entirely unrelated coincidence, guess which branch of the military had offices hit when the Pentagon was hit? Entirely coincidence, I'm sure.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Rotoplooker

i guess you'd really need to take a look at when this was posted. the coverage of this basically nonstory (past the point of reporting that he had diedA) story was virtually nonstop for almost 20 hours on ALL the 24-hour cable "news" networks. of course that's going to taper off some, the last and slowest to do so being his home network of msnbc.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
in answer to the original post...

lets just look at other news and see what maybe could be kept out of the spot light? 1million people evacuated in China due to flooding?, in my opinion one life is no more important than another.. no matter the celeb status. creed, colour, religion, ect ect

repects should be paid, then move on ..

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I heard a couple of blurbs yesterday about Meet the Press being hosted by Browkaw. Even had a few second announcement on the NBC national news.

Today Show this morning (23jun) had a blurb about it also.

A day can't go by that its not mentioned, so far. At least the fervor is dying down.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join