It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nonstop coverage of Tim Russert while....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

cool. we disagree.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I agree with the OP 100!

My God, Russert was a decent guy and a celebrity, but seriously, his death is NOT that big of a deal in the big scheme of things. His job was reading from a teleprompter and talking to people who actual accomplished things.

Here's a clue. The rest of America doesn't care that much about Russert's death. He was NOT like a family member. That's insulting on it's face. I felt bad for like 30 seconds when I heard about his death. If a family member died I would feel much worse.

The media's self-love is disgusting at times.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
Here's a clue. The rest of America doesn't care that much about Russert's death.

Thank you for speaking for the America's

He was NOT like a family member.

To you....are we living in a world where you decide how we think?

That's insulting on it's face.

But it is not insulting for you to say the exact opposite? And leave it at that? Ok

I felt bad for like 30 seconds when I heard about his death. If a family member died I would feel much worse.

Well that settles it then, According to Jamie83 30 seconds is about all we are allotted to feel for Mr. Russet, but if it is a family member we are allowed to feel worse for a longer period of time. Got it.

Could you forward me the handbook that specifies time allotted for mourning public figures as opposed to family members, thanks
And I didn't say he was family I said it was "almost like he was family to some"
Don't twist my words please.

The media's self-love is disgusting at times.

So is self righteous indignation. Although some would assume that it is merely Peers showing respect for the passing of one of their own.

Oh and by the way

Headline News is reporting on R Kelly and CNN is reporting the floods in the midwest, NO MENTION OF RUSSERT.
MsNBC is airing a special on Mr. Russert after the News is over which is to be expected.

If you guys want to Bash the news in general for not reporting anything newsworthy fine, I would agree but to say that they are using the Death of Mr. Russert exceedinly to distract from the real news is just plain wrong,

[edit on 14-6-2008 by kleverone]

[edit on 14-6-2008 by kleverone]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Aside from feeling the loss of Tim Russert, I wonder why his death was symbolically on Friday the 13th! I don't mean take his death to mean bad luck but perhaps the media directing our attention away from other worldwide events, such as the recent earthquake in Japan and flooding in the northwestern United States.

[edit on 2008-6-14 by pikypiky]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Tim Russert was a great journalist. I have enjoyed watching him for years. He will be missed.

That said, I just turned off the news. I know Tim died, of an apparent heart attack, out of the blue. I knew that yesterday from the radio. I knew it last night from the radio. I knew it last night from the TV. I knew it this morning from the TV.

I also know that a 7.0 magnitude quake has hit Japan. There was a major attack by Al-Quaida in Afghanistan, with, I believe, 4 marines left dead. Many Taliban prisoners have escaped and are now on the loose again. I know Bush is on some sort of summit in France. I know Iowa is underwater, and that the miolitary is preparing to take over the rescue efforts should the water run downhill and flood other states (gee, water running downhill? What a concept).

But I do not know the details of these stories. Instead, I am being force-fed every interview Russert ever did and the personal mournings of everyone who ever met the guy. I feel so sorry for his wife and son, Luke. But I do not want to hear a 24-hour eulogy.

As I said, I will miss Tim Russert. But more is going on. Can we simply have some balance? Or at least a 'Tim Russert Channel' so I can get the rest of the news?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone

Originally posted by jamie83
Here's a clue. The rest of America doesn't care that much about Russert's death.

Well that settles it then, According to Jamie83 30 seconds is about all we are allotted to feel for Mr. Russet, but if it is a family member we are allowed to feel worse for a longer period of time. Got it.

Could you forward me the handbook that specifies time allotted for mourning public figures as opposed to family members, thanks
And I didn't say he was family I said it was "almost like he was family to some"
Don't twist my words please.

Um... I'm not sure how to tell you this, but I wasn't responding to your thread. Your claim that I twisted your words is nothing but self-projecting based on your lame attempts to claim I was attempting to speak for anybody else. How'd you get to be a moderator?

I didn't tell you or anybody else how you should feel, or how much time you were allotted to mourn a public figure, or how bad you should or shouldn't feel. I told you how I felt. Is that against the T&C or something?

And why make your reply about me? That IS against the T&C. You should know better since you are a mod.

If you guys want to Bash the news in general for not reporting anything newsworthy fine, I would agree but to say that they are using the Death of Mr. Russert exceedinly to distract from the real news is just plain wrong,

And if people in this day and age feel like somebody they see on television is like a family member, well that's just weird. Guys talking out of boxes in your living room are not anything like family members. It brings to mind my friend's parakeet looking in the mirror on its cage as if there's another parakeet staring back at him.

Yes, using Russert's death to distract from the important issues of today is wrong. I'm glad we agree on something.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I want to ring in here with a
for the OP. I don't think that Reagan got this much coverage. Something is wrong here. Over 800 Taliban/al-Qaeda have escaped, among other things.

There is a thread floating around here about B-52's on the move. There are C-5's based near me, and they too are on the move. The last time I saw them fly like this was in the run-up to the invasion.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Who cares one of the main stream media news readers died. Two million Iraqis dead over five thousand solders died, this guy help sell the war and cover up 911 he got off easy.

www.youtube.com...://www.infowars.com/?p=2681

The man is clearly a coward wont even address important questions

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LeeHawt

Never saw that one before. Makes me wonder if maybe he had a change of conscience, and was about to come out with something now. Sudden heart attack at age 58 just after coming back from another country. Hmmmm.

I was talking to my uncle yesterday, and mentioned how something seemes a bit off there, but wondered why "they" would need to silence Tim Russert. After all, I said, I would think that they would shut up Lou Dobbs before anyone. But then my uncle brought up a good point. They let Lou talk so people think that they have a voice and that these issues are being addressed. But really, what has Lou done to change anything? Or any of these reporters for that matter. They only go just so far, but wouldn't dare to delve into the realm of the "wacko conspiracy theorists."

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

you guys hear about this?
www.nesara.us...

spread the word...also notice how complicated it is just to contact a person in gov?

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The tenor of this thread seems to indicate that the programmed television story that goes on for a long time, even days, is something new.

It is not new, and Tim Russert dying is not the same category as "Britney Spears is too fat," and other entertainment dribble. It is better and it makes more sense to complain about the latter than the former. Tim Russert was a newsman, and even though it is arguable he was the usual "poodle," he was a show dog and better. Also reviewing the issues he reported is a good thing, but it is not about some Hollywood celebrity and their nose rings.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Textreply to post by kleverone

While the bottom half of the social ladder grasps desperately for hope, asking "from whence cometh my help?" and the world continues to crumble, how does the devotion of so much newstime to such a relatively insignificant matter as Russert better the state of our affairs? Pken

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I just found it amusing how every single media person that discussing Russert said he was great because he had integrity and gave them all a goal to live up to. But at the same time these journalist refuse to report on so many things; Bush impeachment, Ron Paul, etc, and almost everyone one of them is highly partisan. The media in this country has let us down, if for no other reason, they let our government takes us into a war on false pretenses without questioning him. They have accepted money from our government to allow them to spin the truth, and allow the whims of only a handful of people to decide what is news worthy. And Tim Russert was a part of that. He had a lot of pull, and did nothing to change the system.

I can only hope that maybe some of these people will listen to themselves when they talk about integrity in the media, and start reporting actual news in a fair way. Until then, I have very little sympathy for anyone in the media.

PS, I would offer my condolences to Tim Russerts family, and I do feel bad when anyone dies, but I will not overlook his faults.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
This coverage is way over the top.

Russert was a likeable, affable gentleman who came across as extremely dedicated to current events and maintaining the integrity of journalism. Tim Russerts are rare, and I believe the sadness in his untimely passing is completely justified.

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
keep your own emotions

You don't seem to be aware that this thread of yours is also fueled with your own counter emotions.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The reason why this is big news is that all news people think they are the most important people in the world. So with that in mind, to them, one of the most important people in the world just died.

I don't really watch TV News, it's full of self important people who direct the masses down the wrong road.

It sucks that he died, but everyone dies eventually.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
AlCapwned's random fact of the day:

Tim Russert's son is a Ron Paul supporter, and about 8 months ago got into a fight with his father when his father (the guy that just died) told him Ron Paul was a joke.

Well Russert was right, Ron Paul didn't end up winning, but he seems like a jerk (off-camera).

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
Sudden heart attack at age 58 just after coming back from another country. Hmmmm. I was talking to my uncle yesterday, and mentioned how something seemes a bit off there, but wondered why "they" would need to silence Tim Russert.

Nobody is silencing Tim Russert. I just wish he had taken some blood thinners after his transatlantic flight Wednesday. His health conditions made him predisposed to pulmonary embolism.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlCaponed
Well Russert was right, Ron Paul didn't end up winning, but he seems like a jerk (off-camera).

Everybody is a jerk occasionally. You are a fool if you believe otherwise. Who is to say how Russert arrived to his conclusions.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leehalt
...Two million Iraqis dead over five thousand solders died, this guy help sell the war and cover up 911 he got off easy.

Since you are new here, would you care to back up those figures with a documentation?

I don't know why people are surprised that NBC and MSNBC are devoting a good amount of coverage to Mr. Russert's death. It's just the nature of the media, especially the "home" network to do that. Plus add on the unexpectness of it and you have the drama story the media likes to have.

Just imagine the coverage that would be happening if Tom Cruise died in an accident? We would have coverage all over the place. it's not a conspiraracy to cover up other news, it's just the way modern US media operates.

Watch BBC if you don't want that kind of coverage.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
I want to ring in here with a
for the OP. I don't think that Reagan got this much coverage.

Reagan's death most assurdely got TONS more coverage. But that coverage was in proportion to the "newsworthyness" of the story. You might have thought it overkill, but the networks ran all the coverage because they knew there was demand for it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join