It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The official POSITIVE thread ...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I made this thread so you souls christian or not can share anything positive to say, we are here to be happy not down.... anything you want to share that you look forward to in your personal future..

God bless you all!!! I love all you souls...!

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I will share a quote with you I really like:

Anxiety must be abandoned. The disappointments hardest to bear are those which never come.

Alexandros

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Here's my positive thought of the day: The God from the Christian Bible does not exist.

I'm both thankful and very upbeat about this little positive gem.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Avemil, I will not let you do that... thanks for sharing anyways, but that's your opinion you don't know for sure..

as for me I plan on or I really want to join a religious life soon...

anybody else?

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Here is a really cool quote I read from C. S. Lewis yesterday. It's not exact but it went something like this:

"We are not bodies who have a soul. We do not have a soul. We are souls who have a body."

Edit: Oh and thanks for the thread, JIT. Lately ATS had been feeling more like going to a job that I hated instead of it just being fun. It's nice to get some positivity back instead of the hostility and drama. So good thread.

[edit on 6/14/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
hello

apart from the bible here is a great quote

happiness is in the heart, not the wallet"

david

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door shall be opened. - Jesus

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
That's what I'm talking about Klizard, and you see this says it all to the people who say that people burn in hell who grow up in different cultures.

I myself was never christian, didn't know God until I was 20, I am only 26 now, no clue who Christ was. But God seen my sincere heart and that i was searching and the way i was lead into the church was unreal and took unreal miraculous events.

everybody will be lead to where their sincerity lies and whoever searches will be convertd and god will show them the truth.

I love that passage!!!!!!!!

peace/

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
anything you want to share that you look forward to in your personal future..

I look forward from taking advantage of all the knowledge I've gained in learning from past mistakes. You just cannot be told this stuff when you're young but you must live it.

Now is my time to kick back relax and enjoy all the things that brings passion to my life.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
isaiah 33:[24] And the inhabitant shall not say, I am sick:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Miraim I don't understand. Are you happy that he is saying no more sickness will exist afterlife?

peace.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

my positive thing to say: thor is really cool and i wish there were a logical reason to believe in him, but there sadly isn't.
...well, him and the entire norse pantheon

odin hung from a tree for 9 days so you could have poetry, be thankful!

also, poetry is cool...

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Miraim I don't understand. Are you happy that he is saying no more sickness will exist afterlife?

peace.

you should know by now that i dont believe in an afterlife. i believe instead of the resurrection in the bible. (john 5:28,29 acts 24:15)

2 peter 3:[13] Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

psalm 37:[10] For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.
[11] But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

isaiah 35:[5] Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped.
[6] Then shall the lame man leap as an hart, and the tongue of the dumb sing: for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert.

isaiah 65:[21] And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.
[22] They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
[23] They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them.
[24] And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.
[25] The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

You would think that the word " inhabitants " in the verse you quoted, would have been a clue.
I recognized the meaning, right away.
But that is me, and my religious background would make your understanding of it be the first thing that would come to mind.
Some people might find this concept unfamiliar.
You could probably do a thread, just on this one subject.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by miriam0566

You would think that the word " inhabitants " in the verse you quoted, would have been a clue.
I recognized the meaning, right away.
But that is me, and my religious background would make your understanding of it be the first thing that would come to mind.
Some people might find this concept unfamiliar.
You could probably do a thread, just on this one subject.

i thought about it, but im not sure how to structure it, theres alot of stuff that would have to be explained first, there theres always the misconceptions you got to tackle first too.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
another positive thought id like to add

rev21:[4] And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Ok but there are passages that say the saints behold God face to face while their bodies are in the grave. When you die you don't just disappear, your souls goes into heaven or hell then at the end your soul is reuinited with the body, I have many passages about this but don't have them off hand.

Many dead saints enjoy Gods presence right now awaiting their ressurrection.

btw I love that passage about wiping the tears away.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Ok but there are passages that say the saints behold God face to face while their bodies are in the grave. When you die you don't just disappear, your souls goes into heaven or hell then at the end your soul is reuinited with the body, I have many passages about this but don't have them off hand.

Many dead saints enjoy Gods presence right now awaiting their ressurrection.

btw I love that passage about wiping the tears away.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by JesusisTruth]

oh dont get me wrong. the bible clearly says that some will be resurrected with spiritual bodies, and will live in heaven as kings and priests. but they are resurrected, not dead.

but lets get real, im not a saint. chances are, my hope is to be resurrected on earth.

ill make a post about it were you can see and debate etc...

i really like the idea of this thread being positive things.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
" I'm not a saint "

That's true, neither am I, but we got to try for it because that's what e are called to.

Now to get back on topic.

" There will be no more tears in heaven "

This is awesome because no more sickness will happen, no more flues, no more death, no more throwing up, no morediseases, no more evil people all up in your grill.

seriously just the other day, I was driving in the car and next to me pulled up these knuclehead ass kids who were cursing yelling hateful things to people they didn't even know, they turned to me and started cursing like they were possesed (which they are) idiots, anyways the light changed but thats the type of rage that I can't wait to end.

anyways God bless all you, if you ever run into evil like that just shake it off.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I want to add PRAISE GOD. I had a wonderful happy week that I had not had in a long while while I was out.

God bless all you!!

I think about you guys all the time in my prayers. Whatever you do STAY positive, don't let religious hatred ruin your happiness which you were created for.

peace.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join