It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flyclear and my ATSitis!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I got myself one of those fly clear passes a couple of months ago and it's actually very convenient at the airport. On several occasions I have skipped past what was at least a one hour wait at the security check.
The process to get this is volunteering fingerprints, eye scan, and a full background check.
But now I wonder.
I joined this forum a couple of weeks ago and now I have full blown "ATSitis", which is to say I now overanalyze everything and live in a permanent state of controlled stress and mild paranoia.
So I just wanted to ask your opinion about these clear passes. At the time I figured they had all this info about me anyway through my green card, ss#, driver's license etc...
Did I hand myself over to the bad guys, am I gonna be enslaved faster because of this?
Should I panic?

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I wouldn't trust anything or anyone, in regards to "new policies", that only would help me get faster onboard an aeroplane. I would rather get myself a brewski at the bar.. Why ? Because the plane dosen't leave before the last person not having the damn pass, gets through his/hers security-check anyway..

And don't trust the half nude nurses, riding across the U.S in converted british doubledecker bus, offering free flu-shots either. But the tea's great......

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I just happened to see an ad for FlyClear on my while on another website and I immediately noticed the (now familiar) RFID chip in the card. I decided to check it out and I'm really, really freaked out. It could just be me, but it really looks like a ploy to continue pushing RFID technology PLUS it introduces the general public to fingerprint scanning, iris scanning, and X-ray scrutiny. Is this the same body scanning x-ray that basically scans through clothes to the naked body?

I now have no doubt that the high-tech security grid is being put in place. It's a very sad state of affairs. I hope not too many people buy into this. Now, I wouldn't say you're going to be enslaved faster...but you did just pay them to have free access to your biometric information haha.

I wouldn't be surprised if they tested out their face scanning cameras with FlyClear if it becomes more popular. I watched a demonstration of the technology at the Association for Psychological Science convention in Chicago this year and it blew my mind.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I kept reading through the FlyClear site and apparently you can use it at places other than the airport too (like stadiums in certain cities). Maybe someday we can even use it to buy groceries by simply walking out of the store!
...minority report is just around the corner...

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I think they will eventually have this info on everybody. As to whether or not it is easier for them to enslave you- will you be on the blue list or the red list?

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Did I hand myself over to the bad guys, am I gonna be enslaved faster because of this?
Should I panic?

Nah... on all counts. Those you "pass" in the lines will catch up sooner or later. Your "number" is just predetermined.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by terranlanding

Yikes, thanks for resurrecting one of my first threads.
Second, thanks for reminding me that I have Gattacaed myself.

Oh well, at least I can watch my Mets faster at the new stadium, the question is do I want to.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

You're welcome. I just happened to see the gleaming RFID chip in the banner ad and after reading about it, I came here to see if anyone had written about it. This just happened to be the one with FlyClear in the thread title.

Big Brother already has a full set of my finger prints from when I was a security guard, plus Facial recognition could probably just be snagged off of my drivers license or something. As mentioned already, we're all on the same highway to hell, some people just like to drive in the passing lane. It's only a matter of time before we're all in the system.

When I think of X-rays at security checkpoints, I just think of Arnold busting through the real time x-ray machine in Total Recall haha. Do you get to see what kind of image they can capture with this technology?

[edit on 20-11-2008 by terranlanding]

top topics

join