It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raytheon develope small air to ground missile for predator UAVs'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   

The Griffin is a 42-inch-long, tube-launched missile with a semi-active laser seeker, and is intended to give the Predator and smaller UAVs an organic, self-guided direct attack capability, Raytheon says.

The short-range missile including its launcher weigh around 45 pounds, and the Predator will be able to carry up to three rounds for each Hellfire missile now carried. Although longer than Hellfire, the Griffin has a narrower diameter at 5.5 inches and a smaller warhead, reducing collateral damage.[/

Aviation Week

Can carry three for every Hellfire ? Ouch. Thats what i call combat persistence. No more two shots go home, more like 6 down the range and some happy foot soldiers.

I really love the way this is an 'unnamed' customer... some ones getting some real nice kit to lay the law down with.

If any one here has any pics....

All in all sounds really interesting and a leap forward for the Predators.

[edit on 14-6-2008 by Dan Tanna]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
www.boeing.com...

This Pdf is from Boeing and talks all about the Brimstone 2 missile system. I knew brimstone was small and also carried in threes as well, but man, this new wraytheon missile is two inches smaller than the brim ? thats tiny !

(Does anyone know if brimstone has been fitted onto a combat UAV in the 'real world' ?

new topics

join