It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death of the Internet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Death of the Internet

prisonplanet.com

ISP's have resolved to restrict the Internet to a TV-like subscription model where users will be forced to pay to visit selected corporate websites by 2012, while others will be blocked, according to a leaked report.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.youtube.com
www.youtube.com

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
That's all we need now.. a completely governed and taxed internet. Sounds like the grid might really go into effect.

IP Addresses will be even be replaced with biometric scanners. Say goodbye to privacy.

prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-6-2008 by masterShake122]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by masterShake122

This is being discussed here. I'd hate to think this will happen, though. I wouldn't stand for it; nor would most internet other users.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
whether this really happens or not, most people will never know until its to late. by the time that happens no one will care. kind of like the gas prices right now. people say they care, but how many people do you see doing anything about it, other then complaining. and me personally if they try to do that with the internet then goodbye internet for i can live with out it. i have before and i can now.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by apolluwn

As this member so eloquently pointed out, this very story is being discussed in another thread. To preserve the consistency of the topic, and allow for easier reference, this thread will be closed.

TheBorg
Forum Moderator

join