It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

we have been bamboozled!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Has anyone seen Spike Lee's movie 'Bamboozled'?
i would suggest it to everyone, not for the performances or anything, which are excellent, but for the amount of vintage footage of racist propaganda. I will warn you that this movie will mess your head up. I am probably the least racist person in the world but i admit to having my opinions on why and who has messed up the world. After viewing the film, my beliefs were just strenghtened that little extra. Nothing i see on tv has ever been the same. What was most irritating was the fact that i saw the movie on terrestrial television, and it was like 'they' were just rubbing it in my face, so blatantly. A while back i saw a poster for some mtv skateboarding program and the title was 'Rob and Big Black' (something like that)!! BIG BLACK!!!??? robs got a name but whos the other guy? Everyday, minorities are demonised in the media, and it seems its just getting worse, and with the elections coming up, how is Obama ever gonna cope after all this 'conditioning' we've gone through?

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I know there are some Blacks that will always believe that Whitie is trying to keep them down.
As a result, they will never trust the White man, yet they are quick to embrace Obama thinking this guy made it on his own, never realizing that a White man (Soros) has helped elevate him to where he is now.

Why?
Because the plan is to tear Obama down almost as fast as he was propped up.
Why?
To wreak havoc on this country while our pockets are secretly picked during the next national catastrophe.

So yes, many people have been bamboozled.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
You know? I think I had the same feeling when I saw The Incredible Mr. Limpet when I was in 2nd grade, it had Don Knotts, and lots of stars and great animation....

Oh man, my mind was blown by the racial issues back then...and the actual aquarium footage...did you know that the fish, Mr. Limpet, actually had these huge lipsssss and everything? I was FLOORED that they showed a white guy, who had big lips....then they made a cartoon, SPOOFING these lips...HIGHLY racial...I wrote my 2nd grade essay on this very thing....

"Fish lips, Fish lips....
roly poly fish lips... fish lips, fish lips,
pump them up...YUM!"

I got an A-.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I remember that movie.
I find it odd that Mick Jagger now looks so much like Don Knotts.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I find it even odder that they both slept with Keith Richards AND David Bowie, both of which ...have gigantic lips...it's a conspiracy against white people with giant lips I tell ya! Totally racist, and offensive, I am shocked and appalled!

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Oh no,

Carly Simon and Steven Tyler must both be in on it as well.

If we're gonna get bamboozled, might as well get bamboozled by Angelina.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Even I dont mind being bamboozled by Angelina Jolie...and im a chic.

The only movie that I felt bamboozled was Bable. Bamboozled by Bable. They stuck Brad Pitt into a movie and bamboozled me into watching it

Wait, was the point of this all, again?
Im so bamboozled, I got lost in all the responses.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by v4vendetta and with the elections coming up, how is Obama ever gonna cope after all this 'conditioning' we've gone through?

I'll tell you his precise plan on how to "cope" with the "conditioning."

Obama's plan is to frame every criticism of him as a racist attack. His plan is to create a dynamic in which voters are told ahead of time that the only reason people don't vote for him are racists who would never vote for a black candidate.

This will put voters in the uncomfortable false dichotomy of thinking that only racists vote against Obama. This will create an internal conflict in terms of their own identity, which will cause them to vote for Obama rather than put themselves into a position in which they question whether they are racist.

In other words, Obama will "cope" with this "problem" by repeatedly playing the role of "victim" of racism. He will attempt to portray supporting him as a means to defeat racism.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Repentance for racists.
I wonder if all will be forgiven if alleged racists end up voting for Obama the radical, or will we keep hearing about reparations by Jackson and Sharpton the poverty pimps?

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
So, its a loose loose situation? you do know that any reaction obama has WILL be controlled and 'conditioned' by the same media... if he becomes president of america (most powerful man in the world?) should'nt he have the power to influence the media the same way george bush has done? racism should'nt get a voice but sadly it does...

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by v4vendetta
A while back i saw a poster for some mtv skateboarding program and the title was 'Rob and Big Black' (something like that)!! BIG BLACK!!!???

the show is just called "Rob and Big", not "big black". i don't watch the show, but i've seen ads for it, and big black is the guy's nickname according to wikipedia. he is rob's bodyguard and personal friend, so it doesn't make sense to me that he would be portrayed as a nameless black man, only worth enough to be called big black. here's some info on him, so you can see that im at least not making it up:

Rob and Big on Wikipedia

and here's big black's bio on wikipedia

Christopher Boykin

so needless to say, he just prefers to be called Big, or Big black.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
listen im from England, and over here the posters said; 'rob and big black' no lie, thats why i was so shocked, over here we got some next haterisms. Theres a play in the theatre and the title (on a massive billboard) is 'REVENGE OF A BLACK WOMAN', no lie. its different here...

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
and even still, 'big black' for a nickname is taking the mick aint it? thats my point

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
At any rate, Big Black still sounds better than Big White.
Dang, Big Brown is already taken.
Maybe someone willl now register on ATS as Big Lips or BigGray?

What a Big Beautiful Rainbow.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
My reaction to Bamboozled was the same as yours. I have never seen the media the same way. It clued me in on every aspect of manipulation, in every way. Easily Spike Lee's finest movie, and I consider it to be the finest use of cinematic medium yet.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
theres no need. my point is; that people like 'big black' are part of the problem, they're perfectly content with being called that so it becomes acceptable for society to call him that. The same goes for the use of the 'n' word by black people. they're playing into theyre hands. imagine what a first generation black person would do if he heard his or her grandchild use that word... how would that first generation black person feel? they never show that on tv...

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
i don't doubt that there are posters that call him big black, because that's his nickname. i thought that you were implying that it was done by the media to imply that he wasnt worthy of a name or something, so my apologies for misreading ya.

there was also a movie made by tyler perry called "Diary of A Mad Black Woman", then there was "White Chicks" where the stars were 2 black men dressed up like white girls. now THERE was a movie rife with stereotypes.

then again, what about movies like blazing saddles, where racial slurs were used openly? if i remember correctly, this was also made not long after the riots in the late 60's over civil rights matters. i guess back then it was still marginally accepted.

dont forget the early episodes of saturday night where Garret Morris played a prisoner auditioning for a play, in which he sang a song where he just repeated the line "i'm a gonna git me a shotgun and kill all the whities i see"

so i think that it goes back and forth.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
kool bro. these films have been going on for years and thats excactly how a stereotype is 'created'. The same thing happens still but with more tact and skill, so you dont actually clock it until the discrimination creeps into your mind. The same thing is happening with arab and asians also...

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sandman692
then again, what about movies like blazing saddles, where racial slurs were used openly? if i remember correctly, this was also made not long after the riots in the late 60's over civil rights matters. i guess back then it was still marginally accepted.

That's because Blazing Saddles was done as a parody to show how absurd racism really is. Blazing Saddles hit EVERY SINGLE racial group out there, with every single stereotype there was at the time. It did an outstanding job of showing how stupid racism really is, and was funny as hell at the same time.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
it was funny... but who escaped victorious? not black people thats for sure... jokes at they're expense i say...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join