It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain to keep forces in Iraq!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
In John McCain's words" It is not important when American forces come home"...www.msnbc.msn.com... After viewing many videos of McCain; he is either lost in the topic at hand or is being completely misinformed, he is a perfect puppet for the elite. His history of being a P.O.W. in the Vietnam war , should dictate a clear directive in the Iraq war. Yet, he is more than willing to keep our troops in Iraq fighting insurgents that cross the borders just to kill an American!!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

People don't understand the importance of the troops in Iraq now>If you pulled them out now it would leave to political downfall,civil wars,and straight up genocide.I agree we shouldn't have been there in the first place,but they are there now and the job has to get done til the end.So deal with it public.Obama just cant pull them out if elected,thats just crazy.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
A few nights ago, I was doing alot of reading on both McCain & Obama. Long story short is that I gave myself a 7 hour history lesson (or should I say "refresher" course from high school). I was at first a supporter of Obama, but then after this lesson, I'm more for McCain at this point.

I agree with Alienstar. Even if Obama was elected, it's not soley up to him.

And not to really derail the thread, but we;ve also got Senate races this year as well. Here in Minnesota, we have Norm Coleman (R), and Al Frakin (D). I hate Colmeman for many reasons, but would NEVER vote for Frakin. I'm really hoping Jesse Ventura comes into play... if anything just to stir it up a bit more

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

The American people were led to believe that Iraq had W.M.D. The civil diversity within the country should have been studied prior to the invasion. We have accomplished G.W.B.'s ambitions in eliminating Sadam. Now we are stuck with his "revenge " agenda.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
In my opinion, we can either do what's been done before, which is storm in, make a bloody mess of things, and then back out when it comes to cleaning up after ourselves, or stick around and help cleanup. Yes, people are dieing, if we don't stick around, though, and clean the mess up it'll mean that even more will die in the future, probably for the same reason.
We didn't finally remove ourselve form Germany from the WWII occupation until fairly recently, I think about the nineties or eighties, not a hundred percent, to help with rebuilding and patrol and such.
Compared to Iraq right now it was a veritable utopia.
So, what, should we say "Look, I'm sorry our wad of a president came ove rand nearly ruined your country, uh... good luck and all. Later."

new topics

top topics

join