It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shining India backs Obama over McCain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Shining India backs Obama over McCain

timesofindia.indiatimes.com

WASHINGTON: At a time when the world is increasingly worried about the sagging US economy and the bleak shadow it is casting across the globe, "shining" India is singing a different tune.

A new survey released on Thursday shows that more than any other country, India believes it is benefiting from the US economy. A surprising 41 per cent of those polled in India rated the US economic influence as "positive" -- the highest in the world --while 25 per cent said it had no influence or was mixed and 25 per cent said it was negative.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Ok its interesting now when muslim support Obama we claims its his middle name which bring Muslim in his support,Now how about Indian world largest democracy in the world supporting Obama!!

timesofindia.indiatimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
sorry to burst your bubble
but i am indian, and this means very little

indians are very much into their own economy and families, they don't have the best of understandings of american economy or politics i must say, that's not to say they don't care, but they are focused on their own priorities, for good reasons.

obama will destroy the u.s. economy, i guarantee you that

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I disagree. My wife is Indian and I am forced to watch all the movies and they are all Americanized BIG time. These movies are watched over their. I think you underestimate the Indian peoples intelligence.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
of course the indians are intelligent. noones saying otherwise. I'm sure they're just more influenced by their own country's culture and happenings than americas, just like any other country is...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I think a lot of people around the planet would like America just fine if we had a less aggressive foreign policy.

And I think for a lot of people overseas are hoping an Obama administration will lead to a US that takes the ideals it proclaims so loudly more seriously - I know a lot of Americans are

new topics

top topics

join