It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Obama Doesn''t Want You to Know About Perseus -PROOF

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
By now we know that James Johnson was co-chair of Perseus LLC, a private hedge fund that is partnered with George Soros. Johnson is also on the board of Goldman Sachs.

We also know that Johnson resigned from the Obama campaign under the premise that he received mortgages from Countrywide because of his personal connections with Countrywide's CEO. At least this is what the news media reported rather than reporting on Johnson's attendance at the Bilderberg conference, or on his partnership with Soros.

Now I discovered why Obama wanted to bury the Johnson story as quickly as possible. It turns out that Obama lays out on his own web site his plans to implement a tax-payer funded, Federal government Clean Technologies Deployment Venture Capital Fund.

Clean Technologies Deployment Venture Capital Fund: Obama will create a Clean Technologies Venture Capital Fund to fill a critical gap in U.S. technology development. Obama will invest $10 billion per year into this fund for five years. The fund will partner with existing investment funds...

Obama's Web Site

This fund would get $10 billion of tax dollars (our money) to invest into existing investment funds, the exact type managed by Soros, Johnson, and Goldman Sachs.

Now here's Obama's problem. He's run his entire campaign on the premise he doesn't take money from lobbyists, and that he isn't subject to undue influence by lobbyists, but yet his energy policy includes a plan for $10 billion a year, for 5 years, to be invested into the exact types of funds his backers run. And on top of that, Goldman Sachs is his top corporate contributor.

Here's what Perseus invests in:

Energy and Environmental Technology, Engineered Processes
Perseus believes that (i) enormous capital has been employed in the last two decades in the research and development of energy efficiency and environmental technologies that are only now maturing and becoming commercially valuable; (ii) energy deregulation has created vast new investment opportunities; (iii) new technologies are needed to upgrade and modernize the North American electrical grid; (iv) the growth of the “digital economy” has created demand for reliable, high-quality power, which presents unique investment opportunities in the areas of energy storage, distributed power, and power marketing...

Perseus has been one of the most active private equity investors in the energy technology industry and has made successful investments in such sectors as distributed generation, solar power, power storage, oil recycling, clean fuels, and grid enhancing technologies. Perseus will continue this industry focus, with particular emphasis on companies developing products in the areas of distributed generation, power transmission and distribution, alternative and renewable energy, energy management systems, water purification technology and infrastructure, and manufacturing technologies.

Source

Notice how Perseus is invested specifically in grid enhancement technologies. Could it be that part of Obama's energy policy is to pour money into grid enhancement technology?

From Obama's site:

Invest in a Digital Smart Grid: Obama will pursue a major investment in our utility grid to enable a tremendous increase in renewable generation and accommodate modern energy requirements, such as reliability, smart metering, and distributed storage.

To summarize, Obama's proposed energy policies include partnering with existing funds that invest in alternative energy by creating a federally funded Alternative Energy Venture Capital Fund. His hand-picked Bilderberg member, Jim Johnson, just coincidentally runs such a fund.

But of course Obama isn't in bed with special interests. Right.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by jamie83]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Obama = Jimmy Carter II ... probably worse.

Jamie. Excellent work (AGAIN!).

I'm reminded of this quote -

"I have to tell you Senator Obama: you’ve just become my hobby. You are a dangerous, illogical, inaccurate, and, I think soulless, pandering fool."

- Lou Dobbs 2008-05-27

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Obama = Jimmy Carter II ... probably worse.

Jamie. Excellent work (AGAIN!).

I'm reminded of this quote -

"I have to tell you Senator Obama: you’ve just become my hobby. You are a dangerous, illogical, inaccurate, and, I think soulless, pandering fool."

- Lou Dobbs 2008-05-27

Thanks!

Obama became my hobby when I realized the complete scam he's trying to pull with his claims that he's not influenced by big oil or lobbyists, etc.

No, he's proposing right out in the open that the U.S. government is now going to start its own $50 billion Venture Capital Fund to invest money with private equity firms, which just happen to be run by the guys pulling the strings in his campaign.

I can't believe people can't see through this. I guess because it's dressed up in a fancy wrapper of "alternative energy" and defeating global warming it's alright. God forbid if Bush would have made a proposal like this to have a $50 billion fund to invest in oil companies drilling for new oil sources. All the main stream media stories would have been about Bush taking care of his big oil cronies.

What's even worse about this is part of Obama's plan is to cut greenhouse gases to 80% of 1990 levels so his Alternative Energy Fund will be REQUIRED to invest the $50 in George Soros windmill farms just to comply with the federally mandated 80% cut back in CO2 levels.

And you know what's funny? When the earth stops "warming," and when thousands of polar bears STILL roam the arctic, and when there is no massive famines, floods, or hurricanes, he'll claim the program worked!

God help us if he gets elected...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Compared to the previous american republican presidents, I don't think 10 billion dollars is worth time worrying about. It's chicken feed.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenflt
I don't think 10 billion dollars is worth time worrying about. It's chicken feed.

I can tell you what it is NOT .... it is NOT change, hope, or unity.
THATS what those ten billion dollars are!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenflt
Compared to the previous american republican presidents, I don't think 10 billion dollars is worth time worrying about. It's chicken feed.

The point isn't whether it's chicken feed or not. The point is that Obama is proposing the U.S. get into the venture capital business, and that $50 billion be invested over 5 years with existing private equity funds. James Johnson, who Obama selected to vet his VP, runs this EXACT type of fund. Johnson is also a director of Goldman Sachs, and he is also partnered with George Soros, a significant backer for Obama.

What is significant is that it is incredibly disingenuous for Obama to portray himself as being "holier than thou" because he doesn't take money from lobbyist while he is being backed by alternative energy private fund managers. It's incredibly naive to think that Obama's proposed $50 billion Alternative Energy Fund is unrelated to his backers who will be in the position to directly benefit from such a fund.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
This is COMPLETE speculation! How can you write "PROOF" in the title and sleep at night?

Originally posted by jamie83
Could it be that part of Obama's energy policy is to pour money into grid enhancement technology?

This is speculation. I call shenanigans.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
This is COMPLETE speculation! How can you write "PROOF" in the title and sleep at night?

Could it be that part of Obama's energy policy is to pour money into grid enhancement technology?

This is speculation. I call shenanigans.

It depends how you define speculation I guess.

I wrote PROOF in the title of the thread because there is direct PROOF of the following:

1. Obama chose James Johnson above all other to "vet" his VP.

2. Johnson runs a private investment fund which is heavily invested in alternative energy.

3. Obama is proposing that the U.S. invest $50 billion over 5 years in the exact type of fund Johnson runs.

I used the word "PROOF" in the title because the above mention points are FACTS, not speculation. I have evidence for these facts, i.e., proof.

Can I prove that Obama doesn't want the American public to know about Perseus? I think so. Is it proof beyond a reasonable doubt? Again, I personally think so, but others may disagree.

Keep in mind that "proof" is not absolute. Many murder cases are tried and convictions won on less "proof" than I've presented to show why Obama doesn't want his Perseus connections to be the top story of the day on CNN.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by jamie83]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
James Johnson has stepped down...

Where to with the Conspiracy theory now?

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
jamie

Are you saying that people shouldn't vote for Obama because he's a politician?

That's a pretty awkward request...

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by coven
James Johnson has stepped down...

Where to with the Conspiracy theory now?

James Johnson stepping down is irrelevant to the situation. The fact is that James Johnson is major player in the league of Washington insiders and he was obviously close enough to Obama to be selected by Obama to choose a VP.

The fact that Johnson removed himself from the "official" position of finding a VP doesn't change anything in terms of Johnson's relationship as an advisor to Obama's camp.

Where to now? If Obama gets elected watch how much money gets funneled into Perseus controlled funds, or funds managed by Johnson or other parties related to Johnson.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
jamie

Are you saying that people shouldn't vote for Obama because he's a politician?

That's a pretty awkward request...

No, you have it completely backwards.

It's Obama who's saying people SHOULD vote for him because he's NOT a politician. This is the biggest lie of the entire 2008 campaign.

I'm saying that Obama's claim to be a Washington outsider free from the influence of special interests is false. And this false identity that's been created for him by Axelrod and Plouff's marketing firm is the core to his campaign.

Further, his proposed policies are designed to line the pockets of his most influential backers to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars. Basically, Obama is a fraud. Of course when people have tried to point this out, including the Clinton campaign, they're labeled racists.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   

James Johnson stepping down is irrelevant to the situation.

The fact that Mr. Change picked a bilderberger to begin with speaks volumes.

Oh .. here is Mr. Hope attempting to talk about Johnson.

uh .. you know .. uh ... you know .. you know ... (and people say Bush speaks badly! Wait 'till this guy gets in office!
)

(paraphrase)
Rev. Wright isn't the person I thought he was.
Tony Rezko isn't the person I thought he was.
And now - Mr. Johnson .....

[edit on 6/14/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   

It depends how you define speculation I guess.

Or the definition of the word "is"?

I wrote PROOF in the title of the thread because there is direct PROOF of the following:

So, I could write a thread titled
"McCain is a homosexual child molester - PROOF"
if I had proof that:
1. He had spent time with a little boy
2. He once said he wished he had abs like another man
3. He has a Michael Jackson CD

In this imaginary scenario, I can prove these points, so my conclusion, no matter HOW ridiculous, must be "true"... I see.

Keep in mind that "proof" is not absolute.

Ah! I see. "PROOF" = opinion. But "OPINION" in the title doesn't get as much attention. Your posts read like the worst of Tabloids. I always know what to expect inside. Just keep in mind that if you ever DO have real proof of something against Obama, no one is going to believe you. Well, except for a few people who have the same hatred and fear of him and an agenda to discredit the man.

This is actually good for Obama, though. Because if you ever really have "PROOF" of something, it will get skipped over as just another one of Jamie's "proof" threads. Ever hear of the boy who cried wolf?

I call shenanigans. But carry on.

[edit on 14-6-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Ah! I see. "PROOF" = opinion. But "OPINION" in the title doesn't get as much attention. Your posts read like the worst of Tabloids. I always know what to expect inside. Just keep in mind that if you ever DO have real proof of something against Obama, no one is going to believe you. Well, except for a few people who have the same hatred and fear of him and an agenda to discredit the man.

No, I have proof that Obama hired a hedge fund manager from Perseus LLC who runs a hedge fund to pick his VP. This same man, James Johnson, is also partnered with George Soros through Perseus LLC. Obama's energy plan calls for $50 billion of taxpayer money to be invested in alternative energy hedge funds like Perseus runs.

Further, Obama's entire campaign is being run on the premise that he is an outsider free from the influence of big business or lobbyist.

Therefore, my claim is this is PROOF why Obama doesn't want people to know about Perseus is 100% valid.

FACT! Obama's cronies run alternative energy hedge funds!
FACT! Obama plans on giving $50 billion of YOUR money to these type of funds.
FACT! Obama claims he is free from the influence of big business.
FACT! Obama never mentioned that Johnson works for Perseus when he resigned -he mentioned his 100% legal mortgages he took from Countrywide.

All this adds up to PROOF that Obama doesn't want people to know about Perseus.

And by the way, I do not hate Obama, so you're 100% wrong on that. And my previous thread, "Obama and the Bilderberg -PROOF!" got 100 blue stars and was posted well before any controversy about Johnson became public. So once again, you are 100% wrong in your assessment that nobody cares about the threads I post.

And by the way, the proof I post is 100000 times more "proof" than the lame jpg file of Obama's Certificate of Birth that was published that all the Obama supporters, including YOU, claim was proof of anything.

And whats' worse, your anticipated glee in the thought that people will overlook what you consider *real* proof of wrongdoing by Obama is sickening. You're admitting that you will be happy that Obama's wrongdoings will go unnoticed instead of being happy that the the truth about a candidate for POTUS be discovered.

This is just another example of why those who haven't tasted the Kool Aid look at Obama supporters like they're a cult. "Defend our leader no matter what evidence comes up against him..."

"Baaarrraaack..... Obaaaamaaa..... Baaaaaraack.... Obaaaaamaaaa" -Stevie Wonder

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Oh .. here is Mr. Hope attempting to talk about Johnson.

uh .. you know .. uh ... you know .. you know ... (and people say Bush speaks badly! Wait 'till this guy gets in office!
)

I might have missed it. I didn't notice the part where Obama talked about how Johnson is Vice Chairman of Perseus, and how his position at Perseus would be a conflict of interest when Obama starts passing out the $50 billion to existing alternative energy funds.

I was a little distracted, so I might have missed the part about how Johnson is partnered with George Soros too, and how George Soros is a big fundraiser, or the part about Johnson being on the board of Goldman Sachs, another company with alternative energy hedge funds, and who happens to be Obama's biggest campaign contributor.

Did Obama mention these things or didn't he have enough time to go into those details? I imagine he could only spend time talking about the important stuff about Johnson, like his 100% legal loans from Countrywide.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

I don't think I have it backwards - I think you do.

Obama is a politician, who is telling people to vote for him because he's not a politician. That just makes him more of a politician in the eyes of anyone paying attention.

If they didn't lie, make underhanded deals, and cater to their special interests, they wouldn't be politicians - they would be human beings.

I think you expect entirely too much from the Red/Blue crowd, my friend...

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Obama is a politician, who is telling people to vote for him because he's not a politician. That just makes him more of a politician in the eyes of anyone paying attention.

If they didn't lie, make underhanded deals, and cater to their special interests, they wouldn't be politicians - they would be human beings.

I think you expect entirely too much from the Red/Blue crowd, my friend...

Maybe you're right. I don't know. I doubt it. I do expect much from what you call the Red/Blue crowd. I expect that Obama's transparent lies *about* not being a politician and his spiral into off-topic sociological discussions about race have crippled his chances to win. Unless he names Hillary as VP.

Once the Democratic voters saw through Obama's phoniness he lost many of the major primaries by over 10 points. In some states he couldn't break 30%. You see, it's one thing to be a politician. You're right. People expect that. It's another to claim you're not and then be discovered to be as dirty, if not dirtier, than your opponents you're criticizing.

People are going to reject that in droves, especially those that Obama has insulted along the way.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Its almost like you are an angered hillary supporter.....

I have yet to hear any mccain rhetoric that bashes obama in a manner that you do

the manner in which you bash obama is definatly out of SPITE, and seeing as how it all started around hte same time that Hillary was announcing her resignation, you joined in......

Just remember, hillary endorsed obama and said you should too

sorry hillary lost
but if you love her, you'll listen to what she has to say.....

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
At first glance, Obama investing in alternative energy appears to be a change that the United States need in order to remove its dependency on foreign oil. Until I actually stop using gasoline to run my automobiles and until I hear Obama address this issue on one of his upbeat speeches, the investment in Perseus LLC by Obama seems too good to be true for my comfort. He is as much a politician doing what he knows best – serve his interest first before others.

new topics

top topics

join