It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you rather know too little, or know too much?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
So, would you rather:

1. know too little, or
2. know too much?

try to justify your answer.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Too much, without enough knowledge, on anything, you cannot be prepared to act.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
You can never know too much. I read a book a while back that had a good quote....

"Ignorance is not Innocence but sin"

I feel right now I don't know enough. Thats what brought me to this board in the first place. The desire to know more.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
depending on the topic, I believe you can have a case of TMI. (too much info)

but you should continue seeking knowledge until you are threatened with bodily harm..then back off

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeok
So, would you rather:

1. know too little, or
2. know too much?

There is so much truth to the statement: Ignorance is bliss. Once you know the things that you do, you can't go back. We are all raised to believe certain things in order to make us feel safe and secure, but the older you get and the more that you see, the sense of there being justice in the world and a base 'goodness' in the human race slowly disapates and we are left with a ransid taste in our mouths from all of the pretty lies that we have willingly swollowed.

Wow! That may just be the most depressing thing that I have ever said!

Anyway! Would I go back to being blissful in my ignorance if I could? No, I will pluck the apple from the tree of knowledge every time. Why? I don't really have an answer to that. It is just the type of person that I am as well as the type of person that I wish to be.

Or perhaps I am just a gluton for punishment!

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
well....now that i know too much..i look back to when i didn't and see how the general public lives...ignorance is bliss. Most of the co-workers and freinds live this way and don't care. the typical response i get is, 'who cares, as long as it doesn't affect me.' With knowledge comes responsibility....most people don't want more responsibility, 'specialy if it is about knowledge.

that said..i preffer to know too much. i would rather live, seeing all the lies than to blindy go on and not know what is actually happening around me and in the world. even though it causes me great consternation (how's that for a 5$ word) I feel that a veil has been lifted and i now see the bigger picture of what actually IS. the consternation comes from..with knowledge comes responsibility....what to do with the knowledge and experience........

to know too much..to know too little...the answer says alot about a person..think about it .......

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   

So, would you rather:
1. know too little, or
2. know too much?

Neither because both will hurt you in the same way. Take for example Eating, if you know too much, you know that certain foods cause you trouble, so you will try to avoid those, among which are your favorities, therefore you will live longer, but not happily, speaking foodically (is that a word?)

If you know too little, then you will eat everything and die at an early age.

So both hurts you. MODERATION is the key word here.

new topics

top topics

join