It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama Myths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I am not a Barack supporter so you can take your personal attacks and well.....

Anyway here is some things I think should be made known around here as it seems some people are allowing themselves to be mislead.

Here is a few links to 3 different news sites that debunk the myth about his Indonesian school.

www.cnn.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

abcnews.go.com...

And here is his birth certificate.

my.barackobama.com...

And a larger version

images.dailykos.com...

Anything else need some investigating?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Why does it matter where he was born.
He's an American citizen.
I actually find the fact that people care where he originally came from extremely offensive.

I appreciate its not the same but in England our PM is Scottish.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Why does it matter where he was born.
He's an American citizen.

Well it matters because you have to be born in the US to be president.

www.presidentsusa.net...

Would be quite strange to say the least to have someone just hop over here from another country and run for president.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnOldFriend
Here is a few links to 3 different news sites that debunk the myth about his Indonesian school.

As long as you're debunking myths about Obama, you should have included links to sites debunking the myth that Obama put a Bilderberger (whose partnered with George Soros) in charge of "vetting" his VP for him.

Oh... sorry... that's right, that one WASN'T a myth.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

As long as you're debunking myths about Obama, you should have included links to sites debunking the myth that Obama put a Bilderberger (whose partnered with George Soros) in charge of "vetting" his VP for him.

Oh... sorry... that's right, that one WASN'T a myth.

Well Jamie, quite honestly, I don't care. Like I said I am not an Obama supporter.
You have apparently done some research on the matter, good job uncovering it.

EDIT: Have you anything to add to the original discussion?

[edit on 13-6-2008 by AnOldFriend]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

EDIT: Have you anything to add to the original discussion?

Since you asked...

Using the MSM to debunk anything is a bit problematic since the MSM has proven time and time again to have an agenda, which includes NOT revealing the truth if it hurts the candidate of their choice. A perfect case in point is the FACT that the main stream media, in unison, used the Countrywide story as the cover story for why James Johnson resigned.

Did anybody investigate how this story "broke" the day after Obama met privately with Hillary? Probably not. Did any of the MSM write a story about Johnson's position at Perseus LLC or their partnership with George Soros? Probably not.

And point 2, re your thread, at least be accurate. The photocopy is NOT Obama's birth certificate. I find it ironic that in your attempts to inform people who allow themselves to be "misled" you in turn mislead them about the "birth certificate."

The photocopy allegedly shows a Certificate of Birth printed on June 6, 2003. This document does absolutely nothing to address the rumors about why Obama wouldn't release his actual birth certificate from 1961.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by jamie83]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Well you are right about the media and perhaps it is just more propaganda to refute propaganda. But why would you believe them when they say/suggest he once attended a "Madrassa" but not when they say it is not true?

As for his BC it is obviously a copy yes, anybody can get a copy of thier BC. Perhaps he lost his original? I really don't think you have anything to worry about with his original BC, I am sure it looks just like this one just perhaps a bit more yellowish/brown and maybe some wrinkles and tares.
If you think this is a fake then i am sure you are aware that they can most certainly fake one that says it is from 61 and looks as though it is.

Edit: And the print date looks to me to be June 6 2007.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Anything else need some investigating?

How about exploring the myth that he is a political outsider who represents real change?

[edit on 13-6-2008 by loam]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Well you are right about the media and perhaps it is just more propaganda to refute propaganda. But why would you believe them when they say/suggest he once attended a "Madrassa" but not when they say it is not true?

I don't believe the msm when they say anything. It's all agenda driven. And about the Madrassa, I could care less. What I would care about is if Obama would be shown to be lying about it. It's the deceit that is problematic, not the actual event. E.g., Hillary's lying about the sniper fire was the problem, not whether she was ever under fire.

I'm still curious about the photocopy because it doesn't look right, and because the certificate number was blacked out. Publishing the certificate number would in no way lead to identity theft or anything else. But if it was a forged document using somebody else's actual certificate, then they would have every reason to black out the number.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I think Jamie handled that one pretty well in that thread he/she has in his/her signature.

I am not here to make Barack look like anything other then what he is. How can we really deny ignorance if you choose to ignore the evidence that contradicts what is being said about Barack?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

I don't believe the msm when they say anything. It's all agenda driven. And about the Madrassa, I could care less. What I would care about is if Obama would be shown to be lying about it. It's the deceit that is problematic, not the actual event. E.g., Hillary's lying about the sniper fire was the problem, not whether she was ever under fire.

I'm still curious about the photocopy because it doesn't look right, and because the certificate number was blacked out. Publishing the certificate number would in no way lead to identity theft or anything else. But if it was a forged document using somebody else's actual certificate, then they would have every reason to black out the number.

youtube.com...

I really don't think he is lying. I think you have such distaste for this guy it is hard for you to drop anything that comes out to be false. And besides it was most probably the republicans who even brought this up, not Barack.

I tried to find what the certificate number was even used for but I couldn't find anything. You have any info?

top topics

join