It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DC cops abandon checkpoints after night of violence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

rawstory.com

Police in Washington, DC, have abandoned checkpoints it established in an unsafe neighborhood after a night of violence saw eight shootings elsewhere in the city. The checkpoints were criticized by civil libertarians as "police state" tactics more appropriate for Baghdad or Soviet-era East Berlin than the nation's capital.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Eight other killings in the city and now the cops realize this happens all over the city and not just one certain area.

Six days is not a benchmark to call this a success!!!

rawstory.com

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 13/6/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I think it was only supposed to last 5 to 10 days anyways. This was a horrible experiment when I really think about it.

They use a spike in violence in an area to justify stomping on the Bill of Rights even if it was for a short period this is outrageous.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

rawstory.com

Police in Washington, DC, have abandoned checkpoints it established in an unsafe neighborhood after a night of violence saw eight shootings elsewhere in the city. The checkpoints were criticized by civil libertarians as "police state" tactics more appropriate for Baghdad or Soviet-era East Berlin than the nation's capital.

Imaginary conversation between two cops.........

"Hey Fred, what the heck is going on? We lock down a certain area, and it seems that the criminals went and committed crimes in OTHER areas where we weren't at!"

"I know Marv! Who woulda thunk it?"

new topics

top topics

join