It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The meanest, baddest guy in US history...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I have two e-mails from Obama and he sounded a lot nicer, down to earth and intellegent then George W Bush Jr ever did............now come on, Homosexual? if he is (and I doubt that) as long as his sex life is between another consenting adult(s) his sexual preference(s) are none of anyone's damn business.

Read "Thanks For The Memories" by Brice Taylor, particularly about Bush Senior and his "Baby Bush" and "hunting expeditions"............now that I could believe. All the Bush's are very very VERY STRANGE INDEED but no one else seems to notice or care.

I'm wondering with all the smear tactics going on against Obama if perhaps the BIG BOYS (The ones really running our country) haven't been able to get to Mr. Obama yet and are afraid he might really effect some change in our country. I've seen people in power work and their first tactic is to usually discredit their opposition with smear campaigns.

I was prone to say Brice Taylor's book was so outrageous it couldn't be true, but if one stops and looks at how our government has been running lately one begins to wonder if maybe the outrageous doesn't perchance have some truth to it.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Barack Obama the worst guy in US history? No, not even close. There are far worse people... but Jeffrey Dahmer or Charles Manson also weren't nominee for a major political party for president...

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
I have two e-mails from Obama and he sounded a lot nicer, down to earth and intellegent then George W Bush Jr ever did

I'm sure if Charles Manson e-mailed you asking for his vote he would sound nice as well.

Hey, I even get e-mails from Laura Bush and stuff telling me to support George. She sounds like a nice lady...

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Let me just state for the record that there was a lot of sarcasm in my post. I do no think Obama is actually any of the said things. I am not pro- or anti-Obama seeing that I'm generally speaking not affected by the US election.

The "main purpose" of the thread is to let members see themselves and their actions in a mirror.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
There is a practical reason for NOT supporting Obama.We are at with AL-QEADA and its a war thats going to span a few presidencies i suspect,so thats why i would vote for John Mccain a proven war hero and knows how dangerous our enemies are.Not only that its a well known fact that obama is sympathetic to Palestinian terrorist groups.Too much of a risk to take no matter what Obama promises.
John Mccain 08!

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Yes, you have to be carefull of those millions of al qeada soldiers amassing on your borders armed with poppy seeds and riding armoured camels.

The war is a lie, why can't you guys accept it by now? Sadly, for all of us, the US is only at war with itself. As far as I know there is no national power on earth that wants to attack the US, and only a few that could actually pull it off if they did. All this paranoia is getting old.

And if something bad does happen, pay atention to the details this time, chances are it will not be what it is sold as...

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by Darth Logan

If she were emailing me, I'd respond, too. Vaavaavoom...

I probably do the same thing. You know, it could mean he's a "normal" guy. Normal as in a dude likes to check out other women even though he's already married.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

I do apologize, I was just beign sarcastic and tried to throw in a little humor.
It would be nice to hear positive things about Obama and McCain, for those of us sitting on the fence!

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
One of my ''customers'' knows Obama personally. They dislike the guy immensly but has to stay friendly for (inlaw) family reasons. He says he's a tyrant & likes to control everything he can. AND he will not listen to reason, his reasoning is GOD.

Do not ask me to say who or where this person is or where I'm at. Find out for yourself... ask people. Get to the truth, I only got you started in the right path for this info.

Good luck America, your REALLY going to need it now!

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by fm-in-usa

So are you saying it would be a bad thing if he became president? Im not quite sure I understand your post. Could you be more specific, please?

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Elaborate? No I won't. As I said, find the info for yourself.

I will not vote for this... person. I will vote for an American who believes in America, Obama does not.

You do know he is a Muslim? He simply denies this... you will find out soon enough.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by fm-in-usa

You do not add much credibility to your story with your response. If this story were true, you would spread the word, otherwise you would have alot of guilt to deal with if it was true.

So the ball's on your court, shoot or draw the foul.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Nothing wrong with decriminalizing marijuana. Free up tons of jail space, save tons of money, and reunite tons of families which have been wrongly pulled apart because one of them enjoys smoking a relatively (in moderation) harmless plant.

Don't forget it also has a lot of medicinal value.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
Look at it this way. The current administration has really mucked things up as it is.

1. We're in the midst of a recession.
  2. Unemployment is at an all time high.
  3. Oil and gas prices are through the roof.
  4. The housing market is on the verge of collapse.
  5. The economy is a virtual cesspool.
  6. The military is worn and over-extended.
  7. Our personal rights and freedoms are slowly being stripped away.

I could go on and on, but you get the picture. At some point we have to ask ourselves, "How much worse can things possibly get?"

Considering things are running pretty low right now, I figure the only way we can go is up. Obama certainly can't do any worse. If anything, he can probably start digging us out the mess we're currently in.

“We're in the midst of a recession.”

No we are not, the definition of recession is two quarters of negative growth, we have not even had one at this time.

“Unemployment is at an all time high.”

You must be joking! You should go back and do research before you say such a thing.

“Oil and gas prices are through the roof.”

Yes yes you are correct on this one, at least we are not in shortage and waiting in line like they did in the 70’s

“The economy is a virtual cesspool.”

Again, growth is still happening thus no cesspool

“The military is worn and over-extended.”

I am military and no we are not worn thin. Are you military or know anything about the military?

“Our personal rights and freedoms are slowly being stripped away.”

I would love to read an example of your rights being stripped away. If you read or study history you would learn that your rights have never been stronger. I could give you many examples… Research Wilson and Roosevelt , even Lincoln…

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

either way we are screwed..democrat/republican it doesnt matter imo.

p pppp pp puppets

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
Exactly the same things have been said about a certain Mr G.W. Bush... Go ahead. Do the search. You'll find exactly the same thread titles with Mr Bush's name in there.

Except history has proven them right!

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece

Originally posted by Gemwolf
Exactly the same things have been said about a certain Mr G.W. Bush... Go ahead. Do the search. You'll find exactly the same thread titles with Mr Bush's name in there.

Except history has proven them right!

Ummm wait a min, what do you mean? History has proven who right? I think after many years scholars will look back on Bush and go.. Hmmmm, he kinda hooked us up..

None the less, even if I am wrong you cannot make a claim that history decided anything at this point. You should go back and read history, you might be shocked at what you learn. History is about knowledge and context and the current chapter in history is not even close to being finished.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Gemwolf,

I can appreciate the sarcasm (although I see others who are too dense to notice). It really is sad how many hateful people like to spew forth their ignorant garbage. -I won't reply to any person in particular because that would be just as ugly.

I can also appreciate that even if you aren't an Obama supporter you are clearly as perturbed by the belligerence.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by argile2000
Ummm wait a min, what do you mean? History has proven who right? I think after many years scholars will look back on Bush and go.. Hmmmm, he kinda hooked us up..

Preliminary historical assessments don't look too good:

www.rollingstone.com...

The Worst President in History?
One of America's leading historians assesses George W. Bush

SEAN WILENTZ Posted Apr 21, 2006 12:34 PM

George W. Bush's presidency appears headed for colossal historical disgrace. Barring a cataclysmic event on the order of the terrorist attacks of September 11th, after which the public might rally around the White House once again, there seems to be little the administration can do to avoid being ranked on the lowest tier of U.S. presidents. And that may be the best-case scenario. Many historians are now wondering whether Bush, in fact, will be remembered as the very worst president in all of American history.

From time to time, after hours, I kick back with my colleagues at Princeton to argue idly about which president really was the worst of them all. For years, these perennial debates have largely focused on the same handful of chief executives whom national polls of historians, from across the ideological and political spectrum, routinely cite as the bottom of the presidential barrel. Was the lousiest James Buchanan, who, confronted with Southern secession in 1860, dithered to a degree that, as his most recent biographer has said, probably amounted to disloyalty -- and who handed to his successor, Abraham Lincoln, a nation already torn asunder? Was it Lincoln's successor, Andrew Johnson, who actively sided with former Confederates and undermined Reconstruction? What about the amiably incompetent Warren G. Harding, whose administration was fabulously corrupt? Or, though he has his defenders, Herbert Hoover, who tried some reforms but remained imprisoned in his own outmoded individualist ethic and collapsed under the weight of the stock-market crash of 1929 and the Depression's onset? The younger historians always put in a word for Richard M. Nixon, the only American president forced to resign from office.

Now, though, George W. Bush is in serious contention for the title of worst ever. In early 2004, an informal survey of 415 historians conducted by the nonpartisan History News Network found that eighty-one percent considered the Bush administration a "failure." Among those who called Bush a success, many gave the president high marks only for his ability to mobilize public support and get Congress to go along with what one historian called the administration's "pursuit of disastrous policies." In fact, roughly one in ten of those who called Bush a success was being facetious, rating him only as the best president since Bill Clinton -- a category in which Bush is the only contestant.

The lopsided decision of historians should give everyone pause. Contrary to popular stereotypes, historians are generally a cautious bunch. We assess the past from widely divergent points of view and are deeply concerned about being viewed as fair and accurate by our colleagues. When we make historical judgments, we are acting not as voters or even pundits, but as scholars who must evaluate all the evidence, good, bad or indifferent. Separate surveys, conducted by those perceived as conservatives as well as liberals, show remarkable unanimity about who the best and worst presidents have been...

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
reply to post by Gemwolf

Speaking for myself, I don't think Obama is the biggest or baddest guy in U.S. history. He's just one of the most inexperienced, liberal elitists that's ever been the nominee for a major party.

"Experience" is exactly what has gotten us into this situation to begin with!

That *IS* the change we are talking about.

I'm so tired of hearing the experience argument. It just doesn't hold water.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join