It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cafferty: Why won't Congress consider impeachment?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Cafferty: Why won't Congress consider impeachment?

rawstory.com

The commentator said the legislature is abdicating its constitutional duty and placed the blame at the feet of the chamber's top Democrat.

"House Speaker Nancy Pelosi long ago made it known that impeachment is 'off the table.' This is a joke," Cafferty said. "We have a president who has abused the power of his office over and over and over again. It’s what got the Democrats elected to the majority in Congress in 2006. Now it’s election time again, and every member of the House is up for re-election in November. The Democrats no doubt worried what it will look like to many voters if they spend time on impeachment: 'To hell with what's right or wrong, what will it look like?'"

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This is good to see. Hope a momentum will build. At the very least it will expose the congress.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Makes me think they have dirt on the Dems. Why else would they sit idle and let these idiots run our country into the ground.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Here is the video...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
First off, I love Jack Cafferty, he's indignant for us all--but sadly, just as impotent.

Congress's complicity in propping up BushCo is a crime, among so many crimes in the last 8 years, and we are weary of the manipulation and the lies.

If they simply leave on the appointed hour, this will be a victory of sorts for the long-suffering American people.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Impeach Bush and who do you have?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

I hear you. Some say that was the REAL reason behind the warrantless wiretapping...to get dirt on congress. We'll see.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I still don't see why they decide to impeach him now.

Just a couple more months left.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this Leo-Star and flag!

There is something EXTREMELY wrong with our entire system of government right now---BOTH parties have basically merged into one large CRIME FAMILY...There is ZERO accountability, and the democrats are now PROTECTING this administration and allowing them to continue on shredding the constitution and pissing all over the people of this nation!

Nancy "impeachment's off the table" Pelosi should be REMOVED from her position immediately, and replaced with ANYONE who will uphold the constitution and rule of law!

The only trouble is, there's only about two or three (being generous) candidates in the entire house and senate that would DO THAT!

AAARRRGGGHHHH

[edit on 13-6-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Impeach Bush and who do you have?

The real president

This is not a one liner joke...no way! Why did they move this from breaking news???

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I bet Al Franken wouldn't let this go on for too long and be quiet about it! We need to replace them all with REAL REPRESENTATION of the people.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Well DD, I have been saying for a loooooong time, the only way to get any realistic change would be to get rid of all incumbents and the old boy network behind them. As you so rightly point out, they are all one big crime family, leeches getting fat off the rest of us, ignoring laws that we are held accountable to, imposing ever more surveillance and scrutiny over everything we do while making their own lives more and more unaccountable and secretive.

It's not just a US thing, the same is true here in the UK and probably most other "democracies" around the world, propped up and controlled by the wishes of globalist bankers and big corporate interests.

So, ignore all the partisan bickering and grandstanding - it's all show - and get rid of the whole criminal bunch and start over.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

hear hear...Star for you. The little people are going to have to make a stand "en masse" and change this totally corrupted and broken current system.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This reminds me of the Boston tea party....Taxation without representation; except we have REPRESENTATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION.

Maybe we nee to sneak in to congress, and throw them ALL in to the harbor!

new topics

top topics

join