It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan Calender Explained

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Hey everyone I have been lerking here for a while now but i decided to join to post this video i found. this is a a video of a presentation on what the mayan calender represents. i wasnt sure if it had already been posted. I found this on you tube when I was just searching for different information about 2012. Anyways there are 18 parts and I haven’t actually gotten through them all yet (there not that long I just haven’t had the time to finish).

I got to part 11 and he is explaining that there will be economic collapse in 2008 (it was filmed in 2004 or 06 I think but I will have to check into that). This guy might be totally wack, im not sure but I figured it seemed worth sharing.

Here is the link to the first video I will post the rest later when I get a chance. You can just follow the links on you tube for now.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Frank8

Sigh.

You want to know what happens when teh Long Count Calendar hits 12/27/2012?

It means that if you're Mayan, you get to celebrate new year's three days early. And then you start counting again at 1/1/1

There is no earth-shattering, world-enlightening, amazing / horrific / shocking / wonderful thing that will happen when the Baktun rolls over. It just means that you start counting from the beginning again. I'm sure the ancient Maya might have thrown a big party over it or something, but the world isn't going to blow up.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I’m sure the world isn’t going to 'blow up' I never meant to insinuate that I thought something horrible was going to happen. I don’t even know if anything will actually happen (doubtable). But I thought that this video was interesting enough to share. So before you start to automatically attack the post please just open your mind and take it into consideration

Thanks

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
This is Ian lungold's(RIP) work on the mayan calander and evolution.

Amazing stuff. THIS IS A MUST WATCH!

Make some time for this video for it is hours long.

PArt 1

Google Video Link

Part 2

Google Video Link

Part 3

Google Video Link

[edit on 13-6-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Well said... I just wish more people would accept that calendars end and start over. Ours end without incident, but they tend to ignore that.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Sigh.

You want to know what happens when teh Long Count Calendar hits 12/27/2012?

It means that if you're Mayan, you get to celebrate new year's three days early. And then you start counting again at 1/1/1

Exactly right. In fact, some of the stele have dates that are beyond 2012.

There is no earth-shattering, world-enlightening, amazing / horrific / shocking / wonderful thing that will happen when the Baktun rolls over. It just means that you start counting from the beginning again. I'm sure the ancient Maya might have thrown a big party over it or something, but the world isn't going to blow up.

...probably involving human sacrifices, unless a prophet like Hungry Coyote (Nezahualcoyotl) managed to change their cultural practices. He didn't have much luck with the Aztecs, though.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I completely agree with TheWalkingFox, absolutely nothing will happen when the calendar ends and if it does, it will be completely unrelated the the ending of this calendar. But I wouldn't worry about it anyway. Too much worry about such obscure things can't be good for one's health. My advice, learn to let go and trust God. Don't worry too much, and have faith that all will turn out well in your life.

new topics

top topics

join