It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If mass contact begins, what happens to ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I love ATS, I love Coast to Coast AM, I love the X Files. If ET contact or Disclosure occurs globally, do all these venues suddenly lose their appeal? They say the chase is better than the catch.

A part of me doesn't want 'the truth' to be known because I've gleaned so much joy from ATS and C2C over the years, wondering if its all really true. When/if we all discover it is true, what will be left to talk about? I don't want it all to end.

Apologies. Its Friday.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by NightVision]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
We'll post conspiracies about aliens, government involvement, tech, evil societies, ect. Business as usual really.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I think a few people would leave, however I don't really see ATS or C2C dying off. In fact, I think it would actually give C2C and ATS more opportunities...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chiiru
I think a few people would leave, however I don't really see ATS or C2C dying off. In fact, I think it would actually give C2C and ATS more opportunities...

Perhaps you are right....ATS and C2C's first ET interview would be quite intriguing.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision

Originally posted by Chiiru

Perhaps you are right....ATS and C2C's first ET interview would be quite intriguing.

better get the pruning fingers ready for the 'I Told You So' Threads.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I will be here with bells on!

As a Document Archivist, this is precicely what I am working on.

Disclousure will simply be the tip of the ice berg with all of the new information being publicly released.

Please check out Clifford Stones declassified Government Documents page and start reading up, you will begin to see that disclosure is already happening, it is just starting at the top and working it's way down in a trickle affect.

Most people will not be willing or able to sit through millions of hours worth of sometimes unreadable pages from 1 to 500+.

ATS will be HOT you can take that to the bank!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
New knowledge and disclosure will just make us take one step forward and then find something new that is being kept from us.

-"Why won't the government allow us to go to that planet that they are visiting and bringing back minerals from?"
- "Are the enslaving the local population because it's only a type 0 civ?"
- "Have our government been bribed to do this and that?"

Imagine how much we can worry about on one planet. Then imagine twice that or more. :S

Buuut... it's still a step forward and I would love to travel beyond Earth as long as it means my family wont be dead when I return (read... long journey).

ATS will live as long as someone is hiding something somewhere

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

If mass contact begins, what happens to ATS?

Well first there will very likely be a 1000 page thread discussing the 'disclosure'.Than we will continue with conspiracies as usual,the only thing different will be that there will be no more 'Do aliens exist' threads.
Conspiracies like normal,only this time there will be many,many more 'alien conspiracy' threads!

EDIT to add:Oh,I almost forgot that there will probably be threads claiming the 'disclosure' is all a government 'hoax' and/or a 'false flag operation'!

[edit on 6/13/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
honestly? i wouldn't care, would be too busy partying with my brothers from another planet

top topics

join