It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden link at bottom of page. whatistheconspiracy.com

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Are you sure this puzzle isnt meant to be solved on 8-8-08 at 8:08pm?
I was thinking this could be solved now but you couldnt get anywhere until that date.

Im looking forward to the game starting, I used to write cryptography and broke it for years and years. I also took logic in college =)

Do we have any confirmation on there being more puzzles as warm up until the actual games begin? Id love to crack this but it would be pointless if I couldnt confirm the correct answer.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tuning Spork
reply to post by Barbadel

Yeah, I know it was easy. But it was actually supposed to be: "The meaning of LIFE is to give LIFE meaning".

Or: "The meaning of WIFE is to give WIFE meaning". That works, too.

No suh Im sorry to inform you that the meaning of like is snuggling.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Holy Moly, you guys are S*!t hot! Like others go to sleep wake up and bang! A new puzzle and the solution!

To be honest its looking a bit above my knowledge barrier at the moment, however this is my first game and it has been fun, following and discussing with you all. I'm not bad at hunting stuff down and sorting out BS from the truth, but these cryptograms, well put this way I have gone through two packs of paracetamol since it started!! Who says pleasure cant be pain!!

Well ill keep looking in and if by any random chance I can contribute, then I will.

Good Luck to you all, gentlemen and scholars.

Peace

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I don't really even want to post this because I'm so sure it's wrong, but it's the first time I've found a solution to the dots puzzle that makes any sense at all:

HAND RESEARCH EVENT SIMS

or

HAND RESEARCH EVENT [in] SKYS

Here's how I arrive there:

1. put together a Caesar cipher square using only the 22 letters found on the page
  2. overlay the dot puzzle to get ABN_EUVESAPCPNMTBPEPTW
  3. transfer the three letters by themselves at the beginning to the end to get EUVESAPCPNMTBPEPTWABN
  4. reverse it to get NBAWTPEPBTMNPCPASEVUE
  5. play with that for a while in a monoalphabetic-cipher-solver

edited to fix accidental duplication in letter strings

[edit on 6-8-2008 by americandingbat]

and edited again to fix another typographical error in letter strings

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Sweet! Looks like the final step you're applying there is a cryptogram transform, not a letter rotation (eg, shifting all letters up by five letter-positions). But even if that's not the correct final plaintext, I think you're on the right track! The fact that there's 22 unique letters in the banner text certainly seems significant!

Banner text:
THEGR ANDCO NSPIR ACYOF OURTI MEWIL LBERE VEALE DTOTH
OONES WHOAR EWORT HYOFT HISTE STYOU MUSTK NOWWH ATTHI
SMEAN STOPL AYTHE GAMET OITSF ULLES T

Banner text, duplicate letters removed:
THEGR ANDCO .SPI. ..Y.F .U... M.W.L .B... V.... .....
..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ....K ..... .....
..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... .

Unique letters in banner text:
THEGR ANDCO SPIYF UMWLB VK

Letters not in banner text:
JQXZ

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Oops -- I just found a mistake in my solution - a T should be a U, which rules out RESEARCH. Still think I could be on the right track, though.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

I could have sworn that there are only 21 dots....

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
I could have sworn that there are only 21 dots....

There are. Apparently I was having a hard time with cut&paste this morning.

The string I'm currently working on is ACNFUVESAPCPNMUBPEPTW
or in reverse: WTPEPBUMNPCPASEVUFNCA
and trying the "ACN" at both ends: FUVESAPCPNMUBPEPTWACN and WTPEPBUMNPCPASEVUFNCA

EDIT: Alternative answer -- or do you mean how did I get 22 letters? I took the letters from the text at the top and bottom of the image to make the letter graph. So it looks like:

ABCDEFGHIKLMNOPRSTUVWY
BCDEFGHIKLMNOPRSTUVWYA
CDEFGHIKLMNOPRSTUVWYAB
DEFGHIKLMNOPRSTUVWYABC

etc...

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The dots lie in a grid. I wonder if there isn't a two-letter identifier for each dot. The origin is at the lower left, so A should start there for both the X and Y axis. The two-letter code reminds me of the playfair cipher.

The missing letters at the "D" and "W" positions might also play a clue. I've also thought that the three dots to the left of the first blank column might be the key and the remainder the actual message.

The gridded letters would be:

AZ BC CP EC FM GM HG IR JM KV LM MX NE OG PA QS RG SR TI UG VE

[edit on 6-8-2008 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Ok looks like the practice is over. Did anyone solve the last puzzle before it changed to the present green 'what is the conspiracy?'?
Just curious to know what it was, forgive me if I have missed read.

Good Luck

Peace

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
new image has an astronaut and something else. can anyone tell what it is? maybe its not even significant lol

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
New piece boys

I am looking at a space station, and maybe the moon landing conspiracy

[edit on 6-8-2008 by ragster]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I believe the other image is from some debunked UFO footage, I cant remember if it was CGI or some people who are now making large UFO type radio controlled models. I will try to find a pic, I know it was in a thread not so long ago.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
was it just recent some astronauts were talking about seeing UFO's on the moon when orbiting, especially the first astronauts to get on the moon...

I found this guy ... Major Gordon Cooper
anyways yea models of ufos. good stuff

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ragster

Astronaut in the "moon landing" and a debunked ufo.

This whole thing seems like a diversion.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I believe the UFO is from the "Carat" (sp?) drones.

I think it's just a banner. It says, "What is the conspiracy?" and the file name is "soonyouwillknow.jpg". Looks like we just gotta sit tight for two more days.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Here is a PDF file I thought was interesting. The secret cipher of the UFOnauts, it might come in handy later in the game.

www.skilluminati.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuning Spork

Yes, this is an image related to a man named Issac and a program he supposedly worked for back in the 80's called CARET.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Regarding the "dots" puzzle, can someone try using the center dot as the origin and draw cocentric circles radiating outward from the center, using the dots as the radius? I'm curious how many dots fall on each ring.

We may be looking at this all wrong.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I didn't try a circle yet, but I made a caesar in a diagonal fashion starting at the upper left. I wasn't able to make anything of it but I remember the Clue.gif saying something about diagonal being true.

I'm attaching a pic in case it is of use to anyone.

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join