It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden link at bottom of page. whatistheconspiracy.com

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Kellter

I also thought it may be a code. Then i thought it may be the random/unimportant bashing of a hand on a keyboard...

look at the filename in sequential sets of 3 letters, then look at the 3 letters positions on a keyboard. They follow a pattern that could easily be the result of someone just making up a random name from pressing keys on a uk/us keyboard.

[edit on 5/8/2008 by GarethAyres]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by GarethAyres

Yes, the IKM, TGV have the same pattern. Only the ESC doesn't make sense. If it were to follow the pattern, then it should be WSZ. If I start with the top row and count spaces between the letters ITE, there are 3 spaces between I & T and 2 between T & E...32.

Middle row, 33
Bottom row, 31

If 16 is an important number, then only 32 is a multiple of 16. The letter are EIT or TIE.

And, using the keyboard number cipher, E = 3, T = 5 & I = 8. 3+5+8 = 16.

Carrying on with the last filename, we now have "THE PUZZLES TIE".

Clue or crazy?

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

Hopefully its just the way the person who wrote the file name made the filename 'random'.

Different country's have different layouts for keyboards. Even the UK and US is different, let along Germany and Arabic etc. So i would hope that HUNT_ADMIN has the foresight not to make this a US only game.

Im sure (s)he does

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
There must be a reason why the dots are ever so slightly different.

I think it's an artifact of how the image was created. I tried to reproduce it.

I started with a 220x260 bitmap, and placed exactly identical 8x8 'dots' at 10-pixel increments, in x and y:

Then, resized to 220x220 using a trilinear filter:

Added an odd-scanline darken mask at 90% opacity, and -- viola! -- a unique dot pattern similar to the puzzle:

(I think I may have used a slightly more anti-aliased brush than the original was created with)

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
new code up, let's get cracking

Larger version here

[edit on 5-8-2008 by americandingbat]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
What is the conspiracy

???????????????????????????????????????

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
If we brighten the image a bit, and assume the “words” are shrouded in the greenish background and separated by spaces, then we’re left with 9 VERY large words, with no small pronouns or modifiers. A very unusual sentence structure indeed.

Is anybody else seeing this differently? Pending further study, the characters and letter-count in parentheses appear to be:

XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX (9, 10, 12)
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXX (16, 11, 13)
XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX (9, 11, 9)

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

ABCDCEBF GHIJHFKEFL GJMGCECJCEBF
rotation sequencing substitution

NJOCDPBGECEBFEFL GKADQMREFL QEGSEAHKCEBF
juxtapositioning scrambling misdirection

THECLHEGC GCADCHLETH GBRJCEBFG
zeitgeist strategize solutions

Edit: add letter-transcribed image

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Ian McLean]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Lol i get home from work and there is a new cryptogram and a solution already!

The solution looks correct, but i guess you used a cryptogram solver to translate the assigned lexicographic values to the solution. It would be good to know the cipher/rotation used.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I don't think there is a rotation to this. if you had the glyphs used as a font set and simply typed it into an image it is one for one.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Actually, I just entered the pattern for one word into the pattern-matching program I wrote, mentioned in this post:

$ ./cmatch ^GJMGCECJCEBF$
substituting
substitution

...and it was pretty much down-hill skiing from there.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Ian McLean]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I agree. There are some groupings in the substitution (eg B,C,D,E are all based on right angles and L,M,N are all based on circles) but nothing systematice that I can see.

I think the key to solving this one was seeing the patterns CEBF and EFL recurring at the ends of words and trying out TION and ING for them.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
fall asleep an miss another puzzle. wow. ha

so it this figured out yet? well maybe it is haha

good job on so far guys!

[edit on 5-8-2008 by ragster]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Wow! Another puzzle solved. 66 hours to go!!

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Way to go on solving another puzzle. Damn 2-a-day football practices make me miss everything.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Man wtf, why does no one let me know????

I jumped in and posted on this a long time ago and the site owners like naw its not a game. Thats just rude dude. You shouldnt post misinformation, dont post at all.

I would have gotten so far by now.

I guess Ill get in this later.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Spiraling the alphabet gave me this:

aom kgvpo mqiu icj qxl iqy
THE GLYPH ......................

Trying different patterns of 'aom kgv...' led me to this but who knows if it's right or not.

Edit:

Thanks 12hour for the heads up. I changed the original cipher to reflect what 12hour found. Maybe somebody can take it from here and figure out the correct syntax...

[edit on 5-8-2008 by EvaDavE]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by EvaDavE

Looks like you may have figured it out. Make sure your spiral is correct.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by EvaDavE

I think you left out some letters, since your code has 19 letters and there are 21 dots. When I went around the board, I got: aom kgv pom qiu icj qxl iqy

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I messed around with the spiraling alphabet idea except I went with 26 down and 22 across. The letters I got were aoykjcrmioiokydxelsyw, I broke it up as aoykj crmioi okyd xelsyw. I looked for where there seemed to be quite a gap between dots and used that as a clue for where to use spaces.

Using some online solver, since I didn't get far on my own it spat out ftehw coasts they number. ftehw in internet talk can mean "for the win". It's most likely nothing but maybe this will help someone come up with some new ideas.

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join