It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden link at bottom of page. whatistheconspiracy.com

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   

The Grand Conspiracy 911????

I have seen to many dots i am losing my mind.

I am quiting now bye!!

See you tomorrow dudes.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DraconianKing

Interesting idea; gonna start running some tests using the vertical offsets as delta values. Also, that could perhaps incorporate the digits in the filename! There's 19 of them, and there's 19 'gaps' in between the dots, horizontally. Perhaps the filename digits are additional delta offsets. Fun fun, more stuff to try...

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
that sounds pretty good for sure.

the grand conspiracy

i would never doubt this is a huge conspiracy.

but even NWO could be in there

[edit on 3-8-2008 by ragster]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Or for those who think ATS is just a huge dis-info site, THE GRAND CONSPIRACY ATS...

I gotta call it quits for the night. Thank you ATS for making my brain sore. Good luck fellas

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Ive been looking at this latest clue for some time now, and yet i have still yet to find anything. I believe that the (x,y) coordinates are the correct way to solve this. They could possibly represent letters or numbers leading to more letters in a cryptogram to be solved.

One quick point that i have notice: The vertical green line on the left of the graph is dotted and the horizontal line at the bottom of the graph is solid. Maybe this could be something, maybe its nothing.

Any thoughts...

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRiddler

Yes. After many hours of careful consideration, I have these additional thoughts: brain hurts, puzzles evil.

Having no luck with cryptogram created from the left-to-right sequence of unique heights in the dot-grid. I'm really thinking the 19-digit filename has something to do with the answer, perhaps offsetting the cryptogram somehow (but there's only 19 digits, not 21/22!).

As an aside, I have written a handy command-line program for looking up single words that match a cryptogram pattern; eg you can type 'cmatch ^KCDAIDHEDC$', for example, and it tells you that 'frequenter' matches the pattern (that could fit at the right side of the dot-grid). If anyone is crazy enough, like me, to want such a thing, I can email you the source code (it's a simple C++ file). Also curious what tools other are using?

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
Also curious what tools other are using?

I'm going strictly low-tech for this: paper and pens. I've made a Caesar's Cipher-type sheet on one sheet of graph paper, repeating the pattern over and over to fill the paper, and cut out squares corresponding to the dots from another sheet of graph paper, creating a mask I can lay over the Caesar's Cipher paper. That way I can start at whatever position I want and also check out backwards and upside-down versions.

I also tried a few things with the q=1 w=2 e=3 r=4 ... cipher.

And I used the first occurrence of each letter in the words at top and bottom as a starting place, adding or substracting the y-value of each dot, counting from the top and from the bottom, and working backward.

I haven't come up with ANYTHING that I can use the filename for, and I agree that that's been bugging me. It seems like it should mean something.

I'm starting to think that whatever the text is, it's been double-encrypted. Nothing I've come up with has even looked like a good anagram to me.

And I'm giving up. For now.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Ive just woken up, but it looks like you have all been having fun with this latest cryptogram

A few interesting ideas.

Im hung over, but ill start work on it now...

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by GarethAyres

Thats dedication, hangover solving, much respect, my heads a bit fuzzy too, I have to try and get out of going to the in-laws so I can concentrate on this!

Hope to see you all around later.

Peace

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

I was thrown off with the 00's on the file name but after thinking the numbers in the file name may be relevant to the puzzle, i noticed the 2020 which was the zz in the previous cryptogram.

So applying the solution from the last cryptogram to the file name yields: 00THEPUZZLES0.gif

Not that its much help, but at least we now know the numbers are nothing to do with the cryptogram.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   

actually thinking about those 3 0's, if you add them to the 23 columns we got 26, which is the number of letters in the English alphabet. Ill see if that leads to anything now...

I got to solve this before the Formula One race starts lol

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I am not making progress on this, so I decided to make a handy chart:

Note that the vertical has space for 27 letters, so, if there's some alphabet rotation going on, it might rotate through 27 slots (alphabet + space?).

Edit: oops, fixed image, now without missing dot on bottom row!

[edit on 3-8-2008 by Ian McLean]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   

The great, very useful
. I have noticed that you have missed a dot on row 25 though.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Thanks times (x) 1,000,000!!

Very handy!

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I fixed the image about 10 minutes after I posted it; it was missing a dot on row 26... should be fixed now.

Also note that the extra row at the top and column at the right are the limits to which the green axis lines in the puzzle extend... so, there's actually two blank columns, perhaps...

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I tried something similar to that, but I couldn't get anything out of it, just a bunch of random letters. Hopefully you have better luck with that.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
A couple of things I've been thinking about.

First, the text at the bottom says you must know what this is to play the game to it's fullest, so maybe the scatter graph technique or what ever this turns out to be it key to the final game's solution, and we could be going insane for no reason!

Secondly, the frequency of the dots on the horizontal axis (there are 2 groups of four and 3 pairs) would indicate that there are repeating values. I don't know how this would relate to the solution though!

Does anybody know about the old computer punchcards? Could be one of them.

the dots....the dots....the dots....

all work and no play makes jack a dull boy
all work and no play makes jack a dull boy

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Sendran

LOL I hope its not just a image to be used on the 8th. That would mean i have wasted hours today

I think the the x-axis represents the position of a letter in a solution, and the y-axis represents the letters value. As you said, some are repeated values so they must be duplicate letters. There wouldn't be a solution with only one occurrence of each letter.

Im going to go for a run to clear my head...

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

That's what I thought about the frequency of horizontal dots and their occurence in the eventual code as letters. Problem is, if they are repeating letters, that means that the 23 character long message has 14 characters that are comprised of only 5 different letters (two groups of 4 and 3 pairs).

So maybe the co-ordinates relate to some thing else, but this code matrix theory seems to be the way forward. Or maybe not. If Arkham turns out to be right again, I can imagine a lot of screaming and gnashing of teeth amongst us all...

Oh aye, do you think the use of "GRAND" instead of "GREATEST" is significant? Greatest would be better sounding, yet they used 'grand'. Did they have to to reduce the amount of letters in the header? Just doesn't sound right.

[edit on 3-8-2008 by Sendran]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Perhaps we are getting a little help? It changed!

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join