It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden link at bottom of page. whatistheconspiracy.com

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GarethAyres

Great work! I think figuring out the start point is crucial, if it even is words

But if it is, we will get it!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
uh is there anyway someone can help me catch up? me and fw friends want to know what is going with the ARG?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by valeriea

You should check out this post by The Riddler. It should help a bit.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
thanks a bunch. if you guys are interested in more ARGS i may be able to help you out!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by valeriea

No problem, glad I could help.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Oops, double post.

[edit on 31/7/08 by wisefoolishness]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Man... I just have to give hats-off to those who have solved these puzzles thus far, and so quickly
Good job

As a follower, I would really like to see 'how' each crypto is solved... I haven't seen that yet... I see the answers, but now the 'how' ... maybe I'm missing some posts

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Some of the solving is pretty easy. A letter by itself is more than likely going to be 'i' or 'a', so you just plug it in and see if it works. Then you can go onto three letter (symbol) words (hopefully there will be no four letter words
). Then i look for two identical symbols that are next to each other. The most common double consonant in the english language is 'L'.

There are small tips like that that you can use to help you get through them. Hope I helped

Something like that. Sorry for the poor quality.

[edit on 1/8/08 by wisefoolishness]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kellter
Ok, admit it, who's trying to solve the new border glyphs.

I am...

The glyphs on the left says: "SOLVE THE CRYPTOGRAMS"

I'm still working on the other one.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
Man... I just have to give hats-off to those who have solved these puzzles thus far, and so quickly
Good job

As a follower, I would really like to see 'how' each crypto is solved... I haven't seen that yet... I see the answers, but now the 'how' ... maybe I'm missing some posts

This might not be useful to those who don't use linux, but I find very useful a text version of an english word-list, and the 'grep' program for matching expression. Both are included in a standard linux distribution.

Using grep, by constructing 'regular expression' to match patterns, can be very confusing to learn, but it's well worth it. For example, if I'm looking for a seven-letter word, that starts with 'm' and ends with 'g', where the second and fifth letters are the same, I can type:

$ grep "^m\(.\)..\1.g$" /etc/dictionaries-common/words

Which immediately gives the results:

miffing
milking
milling
mincing
minding
minting
missing
misting

So I then immediately know, from that, that duplicated letter is an 'i', and the word ends in 'ing'.

Note: if you use windows, you can get grep (and other linux command-line tools) by installing the 'msys' or 'cygwin' free software packages.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Barbadel
The glyphs on the left says: "SOLVE THE CRYPTOGRAMS"

I'm still working on the other one.

That's awesome...I got that too or solve the :cryptograph, cryptoglyph fits but it won't fit with anything I can come up with for the other side.

[edit on 1-8-2008 by EvaDavE]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I think the other side uses a different code.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
That's awesome...I got that too or: solve the cryptograph, cryptoglyph fits but it won't fit with anything I can come up with for the other side.

The last word can't be "cryptograph" since the last 2 symbols wouldn't match with their previous associations in the sentence. That's why I'm confident that the exact translation should be: "Solve the cryptograms". On top of that, this answer matches perfectly with what we're all trying to achieve in this "game".

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Maybe it's written backwords.

[edit on 1-8-2008 by EvaDavE]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I've worked with it for a while now, and I still can't get anything out of it. Hopefully someone will come along and figure it out.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by wisefoolishness

Originally posted by wisefoolishness
Hope I helped

Yes.

Thank you

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Glad I could be of assistance.
Good luck

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
In the glyphs on the right side uses a different code...if it used the same code, the first word would end in a H and the second word would begin with a L and end with a C and the last word would have a P as the second letter and end in an R...

It has to be two different codes, i think...

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I forget who started this but there is a TinWiki article:
WHAT IS THE CONSPIRACY

It's got alot of the back info on the clues for anyoen who missed stuff, but hasn't been updated in a while.

If I get some time, I'm gonna attempt to revise it a little. I think it's open to everyone, so feel free to add the clues up till now.

I think we need:
The clues numbered and in order

each clue entry should have:
1) the original clue image (along with the web address path or at least the image name if it's no longer on the ATS server)
2) the solved clue (& give credit to who(could be more than 1) solved it and the date - dates seem to be important)
3)any quirks/things that seem askew/not right about the solution (like misspellings or missing letters or whatnot)
maybe put this, too
4) if anyone's feelign ambitions, a How the clue was derived (not so much for glyph solving, but for images - the mirror image one, the weird spaced out one you had to do
a bunch of stuff to and the purple box.
And a seperate section called "Red Herrings" for things that are currently red herrings (may or may not be and if it ends up being a clue, we can move it out of here and make an entry for it)
things like the weird usernames that joined ATS in 1969. or the site Admin's (forgive me, I forgot his name - Canquer???) post where he typed weird stuff like q&qo or whatever.

[edit on 8/1/2008 by Dark Realms]

[edit on 8/1/2008 by Dark Realms]

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join