It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you knowing what you knew?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
What do you know?

When you first learned how to tie a shoe-string you were young. So now that you're older, if someone asks you, do you know how to tie a shoe-string, do you answer with a "yes" or a "no"?

If you answer with a "yes", then you are under an error.

How so? You cant know again the way how to tie your shoe after you already learned the way how to when you were younger.

So you should have answered with a "no" since you knew how to. And the question should have been: Have you knew how to tie a shoe-string?

You cant re-know any procedure you already learned before unless you suffered an injury that caused brain damage of some kind to where you would have to relearn, say, a procedure of how to tie a shoe all over again.

Anyone else see the error in how "know" gets misused by many?

Do I know what this is that I'm talking about here? No, to honest. Have I knew what this is that I'm talking about here? Yes, to be honest.

When you recall what you knew to your awareness, you are knewing whatever it is. So the word "knewledge", "knewing", and "knew" in truth to a person's awarness to what's gone on in reality from before that should still be there in a mental storage should be put defined in a more modern dictionary, wouldnt you agree? If not, why not?

join