It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School's hoax jerks emotions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

School's hoax jerks emotions

www.freep.com

OCEANSIDE, Calif. -- On a Monday morning last month, highway patrol officers visited 20 classrooms at El Camino High School to announce some horrible news: Several students had been killed in car wrecks over the weekend. Classmates wept. Some became hysterical.

A few hours and many tears later, though, the pain turned to fury when the teenagers learned that it was all a hoax -- ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 13/6/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
What right does the CHP have to lie to students creating fear, emotional trama and hysteria? Evidently, they have no reason to give a hoot about the psychological wellbeing of todays youth. What a disgrace.

www.freep.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 13/6/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I get why they did it,but I'm not sure if I agree with it. I mean if it works, sure. It's a bit like fire drills, storm drills, or what have you. If it helps, sure.
But... I dunno. I wonder how many had a bit of a drink when they got home to unwind from the day.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I guess I can see that this would be an effective way to get the point across. Yet, it seems wrong to me too. I'm surprised the school administration didn't throw up the red flag on this one.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Seems like a pretty stupid "Scare Tactic" if you ask me!

I don't think anybody would appreciate an officer of the law telling you people you might have known were dead, just to teach you a lesson about driving!

This was in very bad taste in my opinion!

[edit on 6/13/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
How did they imagine this would work? All these kids learned was "Don't trust a pig" - while that's not exactly a bad lesson to learn in and of itself, I'm pretty sure it's not the one the CHP was going after.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
It sounds rather idiotic to me, and will only serve to promote distrust of those in authority. Can you imagine how you would of felt if it was someone close to you?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
"Don't trust a pig" and your elders. That is the lesson indeed. I read this story earlier and I was absolutley horrified. It's almost like they are trying to desensitize the youth of death. I just cannot understand how no one shot this idea down.

Whatever happened to the drivers ed classes with pictures of mangled cars and blood?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Again, they will claim 'the ends justifies the means'. A clear sign that this is wrong.

Why would they have to lie to make their point? There's enough death and mangling of cars and corpses to go around..., no need to have to horrify people.

new topics

top topics

join