It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Everyone Inbred?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
yeah yeah he goes through all the 7 days and on one of them he creates both male and female like that guy says 2 posts up (cant see the name ) and then AFTER in chapter 2 he creates Adam.

He never says he is the first or only person...

i advise you to ignore me or I will make a LOT of points like this one...

you have been warned

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faceless
yeah yeah he goes through all the 7 days and on one of them he creates both male and female like that guy says 2 posts up (cant see the name ) and then AFTER in chapter 2 he creates Adam.

He never says he is the first or only person...

i advise you to ignore me or I will make a LOT of points like this one...

you have been warned

Genesis 1:26-27

Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them.

Genesis 2:1-9

Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array.
By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

Adam and Eve

This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created.
When the LORD God made the earth and the heavens-and no shrub of the field had yet appeared on the earth and no plant of the field had yet sprung up, for the LORD God had not sent rain on the earth and there was no man to work the ground, but streams came up from the earth and watered the whole surface of the ground- the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

Genesis 2:18-22

The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."

Now the LORD God had formed out of the ground all the beasts of the field and all the birds of the air. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds of the air and all the beasts of the field.

But for Adam no suitable helper was found. So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs and closed up the place with flesh. Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
forget christianity and the bible makes sense...

careful reading and logic will highlight many more things in those first few chapters that u will never have realised...

however if u ARE a christian dont bother, dont want make someone lose their faith (even if I consider it wrong)

no offence intended to any christians.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I am a Christian, and believe me nothing you say will make me lose my faith.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Hey Faceless, you're very perceptive. I invite you to participate in the thread I started about inconsistencies in the bible. Bring up any you like, and I'll see about clearing them up. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
)

Originally posted by SimpleTruth
Hey Faceless, you're very perceptive. I invite you to participate in the thread I started about inconsistencies in the bible. Bring up any you like, and I'll see about clearing them up. Thanks.

On my way

(kinglizard I recommend you stay away from that one... im very harsh on the bible
)

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Who was it... Lot, I think... after escaping from Sodom? Gamorah? one of those... his two daughters believed that they were the last of the people on the world, so they got their father drunk, and the rest is history...

Also, too, with the Bible and incest accounts, how many people of Isreal (in the Old Testament) were married to their sisters or half-sisters? Granted, this was to keep the bloodlines pure, but it was still incest.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by soothsayer
Who was it... Lot, I think... after escaping from Sodom? Gamorah? one of those... his two daughters believed that they were the last of the people on the world, so they got their father drunk, and the rest is history...

I believe you are talking about Lot and his 2 daughters. Abraham pleaded with god to save them from the �Fire and Brimstone� that was to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah, God listened and allowed them to leave. Lot�s wife turned back to look at the smoldering city of Sodom. Clinging to the past, she was unwilling to turn completely away, so she became a pillar of salt.

Lot and His Daughters

Genesis 19:30-36

Lot and his two daughters left Zoar and settled in the mountains, for he was afraid to stay in Zoar. He and his two daughters lived in a cave. One day the older daughter said to the younger, "Our father is old, and there is no man around here to lie with us, as is the custom all over the earth. Let's get our father to drink wine and then lie with him and preserve our family line through our father."

That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and lay with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.
The next day the older daughter said to the younger, "Last night I lay with my father. Let's get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and lie with him so we can preserve our family line through our father." So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went and lay with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.

So both of Lot's daughters became pregnant by their father.

In committing incest the two daughters show their acceptance of the morals of Sodom and Gomorrah.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Moses had a problem with stuttering. I don�t know if this is a psychological or physical issue. If it is physical then we can consider it to be one of the first instances of DNA degradation.

Exodus 4

10 Moses said to the LORD , "O Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue."

14 Then the LORD's anger burned against Moses and he said, "What about your brother, Aaron the Levite? I know he can speak well. He is already on his way to meet you, and his heart will be glad when he sees you. 15 You shall speak to him and put words in his mouth; I will help both of you speak and will teach you what to do. 16 He will speak to the people for you, and it will be as if he were your mouth and as if you were God to him.

Exodus 6:30

But Moses said to the LORD , "Since I speak with faltering lips, why would Pharaoh listen to me?"

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
First of all, Adam and Eve had MANY other sons and daughters after Cain and Abel, so that helps a little. It also doesn't specify WHEN all these other children were born. Now, the bible throughout its entirety refers to the one man Adam and woman Eve as the first and only people. In Genesis 2:20, we are told that when Adam looked at the animals, he could not find a mate -- there was no one of his kind, so this says that there weren't any others or groups already created, which also means NO LILITH SCAT! In 1 Corinthians 15:45, it says that Adam was "the first man." God did not start by making a whole group of men. So Cain's wife would have been a sister of his. And brothers and sisters would have to have, yes, marry.

Many people immediately reject the conclusion that Adam and Eve's sons and daughters married each other by appealing to the law against brother-sister intermarriage. Some say that you cannot marry your relation. Actually, if you don't marry your relation, you don't marry a human! A wife is related to her husband even before they marry because all people are descendants of Adam and Eve, all are of "one blood." The law forbidding marriage between close relatives was not given until the time of Moses (Leviticus 18-20). Provided marriage was one man to one woman for life (based on Genesis 1 and 2), there was no disobedience to God's law originally when close relatives (even brothers and sisters) married each other.
Remember that Abraham married his half-sister (Genesis 20:12). God blessed this union to produce the Hebrew people through Isaac and Jacob. It was not until some 400 years later that God gave Moses laws that forbade such marriages.

Today, brothers and sisters (and half-brothers and half-sisters, etc.) are not permitted by law to marry because their children have an unacceptably high risk of being deformed. The more closely the parents are related, the more likely it is that any offspring will be deformed.

There is a very sound genetic reason for such laws that is easy to understand. Every person has two sets of genes, there being some 130,000 pairs that specify how a person is put together and functions. Each person inherits one gene of each pair from each parent. Unfortunately, genes today contain many mistakes (because of sin and the Curse), and these mistakes show up in a variety of ways. For instance, some people let their hair grow over their ears to hide the fact that one ear is lower than the other -- or perhaps someone's nose is not quite in the middle of his or her face, or someone's jaw is a little out of shape -- and so on. Let's face it, the main reason we call each other normal is because of our common agreement to do so!

The more distantly related parents are, the more likely it is that they will have different mistakes in their genes. Children, inheriting one set of genes from each parent, are likely to end up with pairs of genes containing a maximum of one bad gene in each pair. The good gene tends to override the bad so that a deformity (a serious one, anyway) does not occur. Instead of having totally deformed ears, for instance, a person may only have crooked ones! (Overall, though, the human race is slowly degenerating as mistakes accumulate, generation after generation.)

However, the more closely related two people are, the more likely it is that they will have similar mistakes in their genes, since these have been inherited from the same parents. Therefore, a brother and a sister are more likely to have similar mistakes in their genes. A child of a union between such siblings could inherit the same bad gene on the same gene pair from both, resulting in two bad copies of the gene and serious defects.

Adam and Eve did not have accumulated genetic mistakes. When the first two people were created, they were physically perfect. Everything God made was "very good" (Genesis 1:31), so their genes were perfect -- no mistakes! But, when sin entered the world (because of Adam -- Genesis 3:6, Romans 5:12), God cursed the world so that the perfect creation then began to degenerate, that is, suffer death and decay (Romans 8:22). Over thousands of years, this degeneration has produced all sorts of genetic mistakes in living things.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The question is about inbreeding, and apart from the biblical concepts presented here there is another thought on these matters.

www.bbc.co.uk...

"Professor David Goldstein, a molecular biologist at UCL in London, has uncovered evidence of a very ancient population bottleneck. A bottleneck is an event that reduces the genetic difference, or diversity, in a population of animals."

"One way this can occur is through a catastrophe that wipes out a large proportion of a population. If we compare the genes of modern people from all over the world, they are remarkably similar, suggesting that the ancestors of all living people expanded from a small population that survived a bottleneck.........."

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Adam and Eve were not like you and I. Any progeny from them probably were not as corrupt as you and I obviously are

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
If God created Adam and Eve with flawless and eternal DNA that couldn�t deform, when did he change it? It�s been known for thousands of years that if you have offspring with your sister or relative chances of birth defects are likely. So if it�s true that God originally created DNA without this possibility he must have changed it at some point in the past.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

The answer is NO !

regardless of popular belief, especially in the south, it's not true, we're not inbred....

I'm from the south and I know it for fact

You must not be from Arkansas....LOL

I know families around here that their family tree looks like a telephone pole

lol... keepin it all in the family? Now what's all this stuff "people say" about inbreeding and how children like that are often born with defects etc.. is this scientifically backed up or just rumors to scare people away from inbreeding?

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Hamilton/Mikromarius.....
Stop the flood man !!

You are rambling on and on about nonsensical pseudo-religion. Start your own thread and stop hijacking this one !!

When anyone says Adam and Eve, the instant image that forms is a white (Caucasian) couple. This is because the paintings that depict the first man and woman are painted by Anglo Saxon artists. We will never know if these people actually existed. There are fossil records that no amount of religious dogma can deny. Different types of hominids existed. They could not have been created at one time. Did god create dinosaurs? Did Adam and Eve see these creatures? No? Why not? He made the beasts to keep Adam company? Why was there millions of years between the days of the dinosaurs and the emergence of upright walking hominids? Did god take a few million years off?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join