It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We don't exist-sometimes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
There is an interesting article about a hypothesis that we blink in and out of what we think is real. You who are reading this do not exist. A quote from the article, " our existence as human beings is a kind of persistent illusion",

the basic theory is that if we go down to the smallest sub-atomic particles in the universe that we find particles that blink in and out of existence.

an example given is the "ghost of flight 401" or doppelgangers where the dead are blinking back into existence in current time we are at that moment.

What I find interesting is "this true story I can relate to with the aforementioned article", I was recently shopping for groceries in my local publics grocery store where this perfectly normal dude glanced at me while I was in the bread isle checking dates on loafs of bread. I noticed him waving at me, and then he called out at me , "hey Larry how you doing!" and walked up to me and started talking blah blah blah, I said my name is "Billy Meier" ( not my real name) and he stopped and gave me a quizzical look and mouth hanging open and to make a long story short, he said I was identical to the "Larry guy he knew from such and such.

Anyway, the article I brought up is mind blowing to say the least-does space know its space? Is there any awareness of itself? The universe is here and its not here. Read the article and give your thoughts. Even though your thoughts might not exist.
Now I'm no brain surgeon so the above I wrote is "part" of what I understand the new theory is basically saying, best that you read the article yourself though-as there is some Gi-normus ideas flowing thru the article (link below) thanks for your time! Now I must go...

source :theheavystuff.com...

[edit on 13-6-2008 by RUFFREADY]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
In regards to the above I did a fast search for" Search for the Smallest Objects Known", because I was of course thinking -how far down can you go -to get to nothing?? I guess that is what makes up nothing. So scientist that study nothing keep looking for the end and farther.

At the end of it all is the great "trickster", maybe. But, then what? Who's watching the watcher?

source: www-d0.fnal.gov...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Well I just got back from the grocery store with my week-end supplies. nothing unusual happened this time.

If you read my above story. I was wondering just now. Has this happened to anyone else a doppelganger situation? has anyone seen themselves or been approached by someone thinking you were someone else?

weird stuff!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Virtual pairs of particles pop in and out of existence. Most established particles don't. Everything has a wavelength, though, inversely proportional to their mass, so any given part of us might not be exactly where we think it is, but in practice, we stay together pretty well.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
what keeps us from popping to another space. or what keeps us together? How does everything seem to go smooth at the same time?

Must be some kind of creative force or ultimate intelligence at the end of it all. That is if we even exist. But, how could I even ponder this if I didn't?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I am not sure that it is the case. We are build from an enormous (maybe even infinite) number of tiny particles and even if some of those are "blinking" at this moment statistically they will not effect this enormously complex lump of particles called us or me specifically.
Yesterday i saw something similar (question of being and reality) dealt from philosophical point of view - in this thread go to "strange new world" link. It will take several minutes of your time though.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
if we dont exist, then how are we all talking here? how do we know that we dont exist there has to be some form of matter. this is really weird!

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Consciousness is always there, but our bodies are only rendered when they need to be seen. "I" always exist.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I can't help but think, as I read this post, that it is absolutely true and obviously so -- in once special sense.

We blink into existence, exist for a period of time (rarely over 90 years) and then blink back out of existence. Where did we come from and where did we go? Do we come back again, in some other form?

This kind of goes towards the reply by Kruel. Our bodies are rendered for a short period of time.

With respect to Anonymous, above, right now we exist, so we can converse. Soon (later than sooner, I hope!) neither of us will exist, so the overtext of this post is inarguably accurate.

top topics

join