It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge crop circle formation discovered in South Korea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Found this massive crop circle made recently in South Korea. Not much information on it at the moment but this particular pattern got my attention for some reason so I thought I'd share it.

www.kornkreise-forschung.de...

enjoy

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
That is a very interesting find. the first time I’ve heard of a crop circle in South Korea

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Agreed. To me the location gives a little more credence to its authenticity.

What do you think of the pattern. I don't know why but it looks like it means something, like it is important or holds important information.

Best I could come up with was the double-helix looking thing in the middle and the number of circles is around 50. Also, My friend says it reminds him of da vinci's Vitruvian man a little...

[edit on 13-6-2008 by Chonx]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

I see, on the outer ring, and Earth/Moon representation. Opposite that, is it the Sun??

Everything inbetween, haven't a clue. If this was hoaxed by someone, then they have some amazing skills!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Great observation could that possibly be a DNA strand or physics symbol in the center?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Agreed Slayer, thats what I first thought too.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
It grasped me as being the orbit of the sun moon and earth, the Earth and moon being together on one side, and the sun on the other, maybe they are pointing in orbit between the earth and the sun, and the relative position of the moon when it happens? the circles inside appear to look like the orbit of the ISS on the Nasa screens at mission control, you know the way they depict the orbit in wavy lines because the earth map is flat?

The circle patterns in the centre seem to show they come from space and join earth in orbit

Not making much sense i know, it kind of jump out at me like that.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
They messed up right in the middle. One of the circles has a spur path to a solid circle.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
First thought:

As someone else also pointed out, earth and moon, and sun. The 'wobbling' circles gave me the impression of precession, and the 4 rings seemed to represent 4 (seasons?) of precession? I don't know for sure... just my initial thoughts on it.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Azllin, I like the idea of the image being similar to orbits shown on flat maps, does definatley look similar.

Found some more speculations as to the meaning of the formation here:

www.cropcircleconnector.com...

I also think Earthscums observation regarding precession to be worth looking into.

What do you guys think the chances of this being a man-made hoax?
I'm leaning toward this being real at the moment.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
As with many of the crop circles, this one is....... beautiful. Agree with most of you, they seem to resonate to us like a tantalizing bit of information just out of reach. I said on another thread that I've wondered for some time if they were a communication, that some of them remind me of electrical drawings.

Just some food for thought....... what if little bits of info were being given us that required putting them all together to get the message? What if it required a global unifying effort to translate the ideas?

It's pretty to think so anyway.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
That's the most amazing thing I've ever seen. The only thing that puzzles me is why a model of something we've known for a while would be left in the ground. Or is it just a message for someone else? "This is how it works here."

I like to think of crop circles as entire statements focused into a single image. Like an advanced version of Asian characters.

Again, amazing stuff!!

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Looking at the pictures I can't help but feel that it has been a bit of a hoax. Whilst it's a brilliant piece of design , if it was made by an intelligence other than our own there's a slight anomaly on the lower part of the 'DNA' stranding, Theres a couple of circles which don't match the opposite side, there out of place by a small amount which is obvious in the pictures if you look close enough, if it was made by 'ET' then they would be have been accurate down to the last millimetre?.
And the crop looks like its been stamped down? At least with the UK hoax circles they padded it down with a plank so the crop all faced one direction.

Just my opinion though, Hope I'm wrong.
Besides look at the pictures on the link, that guy looks awfully shifty , looks like he's been caught in the act..

[edit on 20/6/2008 by DataWraith]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Hi DW, Im not trying to shoot you down but what makes you think that if aliens made it it would be absolutely perfect. Cant aliens make mistakes also???

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I don't know if any of you followed the external link from the source in the OP but there are some additional pics and 2 video clips shot from an RC helicopter.

Link

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Thesaint, I'm not disputing the fact that aliens make mistakes I'm just assuming that if someone ( us or them) has gone through all the designing and planning, followed by the execution of such a flamboyant design they would at least take the time to make sure that they do an accurate depiction of what they were after.?

So I'm not arguing just pointing out that if I'd have done this sort of thing I'd want it to be perfect or as near to be perfect as it can be so people like me wouldn't say 'HOAX HOAX'.

It's just that a couple of the measurement are off and a couple of the circles are out of place. Sorry to be a perfectionist , but my old job meant things had to be straight , and (not blowing my own trumpet) I can tell when things are even a few mill off , it just looks wrong to my eyes.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
We have Pi recently shown to humanity, communicating with us in a language we can understand, maths.

Showing Earth and the sun and the various feilds, this may be a a date or another basic communicative device.

Weird and cool.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
the 18th circle on the top "s" form is off from the second "s" form below on the other side.. The 18th circle is the one that blends into the next "s". It looks more out of "place".

Now if this was of "design" and we know how precise these circles can be.. I'm leaning on human made as it does have imperfections seeing as it did not "mirror" the corresponding "shape".

Also the crops within the circle is "old" due to the discoloration. Genuine Crop circles are "bent" but are intact, whereas "fake" ones break the stem which in turn kills the stock.

There is also no ideal on how long that formations been around before being notice and when the photos were taken.

With the internet.. I'm sure a few individuals fascinated with circles would find it entertaining and intriguing to mimic this in an isolated area.

Other then that.. nice design with imperfections.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Willbert

What looks like a mistake to us may be a big clue from them. The circle forming the 2 eights are clearly the moon cycles. The moon has a 28 day cycle. I believe those circles each number 28 including the overlapping ones. I for one believe that this crop circle has a very very important message. Just too dumb to figure it out.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Well, as for the imperfections, how do we know they aren't just being artistic, eh? Who is said it's only us humans that can be creative? Maybe this is just a sketch....

And, the two patterns side by side in the middle of the circle look like infinity symbols to me...which I find reassuring somehow.

Caitlin

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join