It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What freemason ring is this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
What freemason ring is this?

Its silver.

It has a human skull in front of it and 2 snakes go around the finger and their heads end near the human skull. Any ideas?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by kankkura

Does it have any markings on it aside from the designs? Usually there is a manufactureing mark, or designers mark on the inside or back of the ring.
Also, where did you get it, and why do you think it's a Freemason item? I've seen similar rings at Hot Topic, Spencer's gifts, and coin machines.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by RuneSpider]

[edit on 13-6-2008 by RuneSpider]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Does it look like one of these?

[edit on 6/13/08 by makeitso]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I can take a picture of it soon. I have one golden fremason ring from sweden and also this silver ring. They are my grandfathers fathers rings and he was a freemason so thats why im asking. The rings are about 100 years old. I will post picture later today.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I've actually seen a gold one. Top view looked rectangular with a black stone and a symbol. And the side view was of a brick like texture. Some guy was wearing it shook my hand and asked for help.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

The Ring of Skull is Traditional Christian Belief of Rembering that we are here on earth for limited time,and living by Christian morales is our purpose on Earth.The Ring is Templar Sect. in Celtic Tradition.It is represented in York Rite and Scott Right Order.The Knights or Columbus also wears this type of Ring .
The History of Order in Foundation
1-Templar
2-Knights of Christ-(changed) to Knight of Columbus in 1882 Father McGivney Invented Order.
3-Freemasons=Masons
compass:
3=G= God= orders of Traditional foundations that go back to church order and protection of Christ.

I hope this helps your question!

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Thats pretty awesome, cant wait for you to post it so we can see what this gem looks like. Ever think about asking someone how much its worth, money wise?

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

'Fraid this thread's about four months old, not likely the OP will reply at this point.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Thanks for replies everyone.

Im sorry for taking to long. I forgot..

Heres the ring, i scanned it and put it into tinypic:

It has the stamp S that means sweden and also 830 that tells the silver proof.
It was my grandfathers father and this happened in sweden. The ring was probably given in 1900-1920.

I also have one other ring thats gold. I didnt scan it because i found it on the internet:

There was also a golden old time pocket clock that had the text: to our freemason brother and a date.

[edit on 1-11-2008 by kankkura]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

My wife's uncle had one just like this. Except his had something like garnets in the eyes. He and her father were very high degree masons.

She belives it represents something like dying, going back to the soil and reconnecting with Christ.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sanity Lost

My wife's uncle had one just like this. Except his had something like garnets in the eyes. He and her father were very high degree masons.

She belives it represents something like dying, going back to the soil and reconnecting with Christ.

For the record, there are no high level masons (or low level masons). Just masons. Also, most masonic rings will not have a Christian connotation unless the members are in the York Rite and take the Knight Templar degree.

OP: It looks like the gold one might be a Knight Templar ring, although I've never seen one like that. It has the Teutonic cross though. I am not a member of the York Rite though, so I'm just guessing. The Scottish Rite does spend some time ruminating on other meanings of the symbol of the Teutonic cross, but its not a major enough part of the degrees for me to think someone made a ring out of it. Its the jewel of the 32nd degree, but I've never seen a SR ring made with it - usually 32nd degree rings are the double headed eagle.

The first one does not appear to be a masonic ring since while the skull as a symbol of mortality is important, the serpent is not a masonic symbol. However, occasionally you will find serpents on masonic regalia as it was used by manufacturers for practical purposes - but only in Britain:
freemasonry.bcy.ca...

[edit on 1-11-2008 by LowLevelMason]

[edit on 1-11-2008 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The golden ring has 3 of those crosses and 3 letters on the 3 sides. Letters are D and S and C and they are in blue color. There is also a big V and a big P and another cross inside. Maybe some serial number? or wtf?

My grandfathers father asked my grandfather to join the freemasons but my grandfather said that he dont want to join. I also have found some booklets in one old closet that advertise companies that are owned by freemasons in his city where he lived. It was like an inner circle phone book and it had nice slogans like for example "fix your shoes at joes" and stuff like that.

Then I also found some wedding invitation cards and there was the text that "we invite you to the freemason lodge where mr x and ms will be joined together blaablaa".

No women are allowed in the normal freemasonry (i have understood) so I dont know what lodge they were having this marriage thing. Or can women come and visit? Or is it part of some ritual if man and women marry that it can happen in some altar or in some place? (other than the church altar).

Oh yea, I also have one rocking chair from grandfathers father
. Ok its not freemasonic but my grandfather used to sit on it too. Now I sit on it. Its quite big and nice. Hehe the stuff they built old days.........(100 years ago).(
Todays rocking chairs are made from melanine plastic from china and led paint that radiates.)

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kankkura
The golden ring has 3 of those crosses and 3 letters on the 3 sides. Letters are D and S and C and they are in blue color. There is also a big V and a big P and another cross inside. Maybe some serial number? or wtf?

Those may be letters for certain ritual words, at the moment and off the topic of my head nothing occurs to me - however, I'm kind of sick and out of it right now so I'm not thinking real well. With all the masons on here though if those mean something I'm sure one of them will be able to figure it out.

My grandfathers father asked my grandfather to join the freemasons but my grandfather said that he dont want to join. I also have found some booklets in one old closet that advertise companies that are owned by freemasons in his city where he lived. It was like an inner circle phone book and it had nice slogans like for example "fix your shoes at joes" and stuff like that.

Thats usually just to pay for lodge newsletters. My lodge newsletter has advertisements on it, brothers who pay for the printing and mailing expenses of the newsletter are allowed to put their business name in it if they want. Its sort of redundant, since I know who owns and works at what business already, but hey - its free.

I've already given my opinion on "the masons asked X family member to join," but just to summarize: The further back we go in the US the less likely this is. In the majority of lodges, historically and still today its just a social taboo to "invite" people to join. However, it seems that people take anything as a invitation to join even when its not - like being asked to attend a lodge event.

Then I also found some wedding invitation cards and there was the text that "we invite you to the freemason lodge where mr x and ms will be joined together blaablaa".

No women are allowed in the normal freemasonry (i have understood) so I dont know what lodge they were having this marriage thing. Or can women come and visit? Or is it part of some ritual if man and women marry that it can happen in some altar or in some place? (other than the church altar).

This just means that people paid to rent out the lodge building to use as a wedding. Most lodges buildings are large and have plenty of meeting space that isn't used most of the time, so they rent out the building. No one was literally getting a "masonic wedding" - just using the lodge building to hold a normal wedding like you might rent the community center to hold one.

It is true that women are not allowed to join regular freemasonry, but they can join appendant bodies like the Order of the Eastern Star. Also, anyone can come visit a lodge - everyone I've been in gives tours when asked and most even have open house days.

There is no masonic wedding ritual in the United States, but I have read of a "union ritual" in some regular grand lodges overseas, I think under the Grand Lodge of Turkey. Its not a wedding really, a formal wedding occurs before hand, but its a sort of ritual where the lodge formally recognizes the union and pledges to assist the wife if something should ever happen to the husband. Of course, lodges already do this without such a ritual in the US and other regular lodges.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The silver one looks very much like a sect from North Africa. There is a similar one with snakes and a genie with his hands around a stone in the center, and the eyes of the snakes set in stone. I had one of those for a time. Not really a connection to masonry at all as much as the promotion of morals and ideals. There are many cheap knock offs of these snake styles.

top topics

join