It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack: Make the Holy Land Whole Again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
An Open Letter To Barack Obama:

Phew, that was close....I ALMOST voted for you Barack!

As a displaced Palestinian and now an American citizen living in Montreal I was both shocked and amazed by your speech to the AIPAC last week considering you are campaigning on the idea of ‘change’.

“...any agreement with the Palestinian people must preserve Israel's identity as a Jewish state.... Jerusalem will remain the capital of Israel, and it must remain undivided.”

Sounds like the ‘same old’ routine to me...

Let’s just hope the state of Virginia doesn’t declare itself “white only”, ‘transfer’ all of it’s non-whites and then declare Washington D.C. as it’s undivided capital...because then you will have to fully support that decision too.

The overtly racist idea that a Jewish nation could be created in Palestine, a mostly Muslim region, was short sighted and naive to say the least. But to continue to support a racist state verbally and financially (was it another 3-billion last year?) has proven deadly for all concerned, including Americans. It’s time for a NEW approach to the situation in Palestine...yes Barack...’change’.

Israel should declare itself a ‘secular’ society, embrace it’s ‘middle-Eastern-ness’ and allow all of it’s non-Jewish inhabitants back to the homes and villages they were forced out of back in 1948 and 1967, as descibed in UN Resolution 194. The final step to peace would be to create a bi-national government for the entire region of historical Palestine. Call it what you like Palestine-Israel, Israel-Palestine or simply Palestein.

While Albert Einstein supported the idea of a Jewish National Home he distanced himself from Zionist jingoists and bigots like Vladimir Jabotinsky and Menachem Begin writing in 1930 that, “oppressive nationalism must be conquered...I can see a future for Palestine only on the basis of peaceful cooperation between the two peoples who are at home in the country...come together they must in spite of all.” Both before and after the war Einstein continued to press this idea of a bi-national state in Palestine. [Source]

Living in Quebec I am all too familiar with the idea of a ‘referendum’ as there are some Quebecer's who want to separate from Canada and create a French nation here in it’s place. Imagine, had there been a referendum of the people of Palestine on the creation of a Jewish state in their region 60+ years ago...Israel never would have been created...but having a referendum would have been democratic...and who needs that, right?

Barack, if it’s about ‘change’, despite your slip up with the AIPAC, I still believe that you can be the one to make the Holy Land ‘whole’ again.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Why do you call for Israel to give up its Jewish identity and not ask the Palestinians to give up their Muslim identity? It could be argued the Jews have deeper roots in the region because their religion is much older.

A bilateral government seems like a good idea, but it looks unlikely that it will ever be achieved. Israel has recently given back much land and what do they get? Rockets fired at them. I am doubtful the Palestinians would share a government with the Jews. It looks like the only possible solution is to partition the region, with the Palestinians returning to Jordan.

The whole world wants to see peace in that region, and I'm sure Barack Obama wants to see that too. But Israel is an important ally of the U.S. and I don't think he wants to sacrifice that relationship either. And then, to be cynical (and I say this even though I'm going to vote for him), he wants the Jewish vote in November.

Barack Obama will be a much better president than the last one, but even he cannot solve the problem without cooperation from both sides.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Hi Sestias,

Thanks for adding to this thread.

Why do you call for Israel to give up its Jewish identity and not ask the Palestinians to give up their Muslim identity? It could be argued the Jews have deeper roots in the region because their religion is much older.

First of all you seem to be under the impression that the people of Palestine are all Muslim.

A bilateral government seems like a good idea, but it looks unlikely that it will ever be achieved. Israel has recently given back much land and what do they get? Rockets fired at them. I am doubtful the Palestinians would share a government with the Jews. It looks like the only possible solution is to partition the region, with the Palestinians returning to Jordan.

The whole world wants to see peace in that region, and I'm sure Barack Obama wants to see that too. But Israel is an important ally of the U.S. and I don't think he wants to sacrifice that relationship either. And then, to be cynical (and I say this even though I'm going to vote for him), he wants the Jewish vote in November.

Barack Obama will be a much better president than the last one, but even he cannot solve the problem without cooperation from both sides.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Hi Sestias,

Thanks for adding to this thread.

First off, you seem to be under the mistaken impression that Palestinians are all Muslim they're not. At the time of the creation of the Jewish state in Palestine (Israel) in 1948 about 30 percent were Jewish (most of whom were recent immigrants to Palestine) 60% Muslim and 10% Christian. Today if you were to include the historical region of Palestine (Israel, Gaza and the West Bank) about 50% are Jews, 45% Muslim and 5% Christian. Politically a re-united Palestine would have a very strong Jewish voice.

It could be argued the Jews have deeper roots in the region because their religion is much older.

Interesting idea but no. It has been proven archeologically (by Israeli archeologists I should add) that Jews/Hebrews were actually Canaanites who were taken into slavery to Babylon. While in captivity the religion which came to be Judaism with the core idea of one God, was born. Upon emancipation they returned to Canaan and eventually established Ancient Israel along side the Canaanites who had remained and the Philistines, etc. some of whom adopted Judaism, others who followed Christ and founded Christianity like my ancestors and those who converted to Islam in the 7th and 8th centuries. Watch PBS's "The Bible's Buried Secrets" Online to discover all of this truly enlightening information.

It looks like the only possible solution is to partition the region, with the Palestinians returning to Jordan.

Hmmm, not sure why Palestinians would 'return' to Jordan...I think you've been fed some bad information. Palestinians are from Palestine. Jordanians are from Jordan. Kind of like Canadians are from Canada and Americans are from the United States.

"Make the Holy Land Whole"

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I didn't know Canadians could vote here? oh wait you must Democrat anything is possible.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This thread sounds exactly like what the bible prophesizes of the anti-christ whom everyone will think is the Holy One..

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by joey_hv
I didn't know Canadians could vote here? oh wait you must Democrat anything is possible.

I have dual citizenship.

Ironically, thanks to the Israeli lobby it's possible for Americans to be dual-citizens. American-Jews who were going to Israel making Aliyah wanted to hold on to their American Citizenship, too. Thus the new rule on citizenship.

After leaving Palestine I first moved to the U.S. and then to Canada.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Making the Holy Land "whole" again will mean the return to animal sacrifices again and strict Pharisical laws.

The Sanhedrin is emerging with hopes of becoming the absolute authority over both religious and political decisions.

You might want to take a look at how they are already corresponding with the UN about their position.

thesanhedrin.org/en/index.php/Psak_5770_Cheshvan_11

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Hi Alethea,

No, I'm not suggesting going 'back' to anything. I'm suggesting a huge leap 'forward'.

Rather than re-hashing old ways of doing things I'm suggesting something that would bring peace, not only to the middle east but to the world as a whole.

By solving the issue of Palestine and bringing whole-ness to the Abrahamic traditions we will accomplish this.

top topics

join