It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ireland has rejected the lisbon treaty

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
A little off topic maybe... but I'm married to an Irish girl.

I'm not looking for sympathy.

Well I think that is my comment.

Mungo

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I don't know much about this guy, but I commend what he's trying to do and I very much hope that he succeeds, for everyones sake. I'm surprised he doesn't team up with the other millionaire Stuart Wheeler, who also opposes the EU treaty. Strength in numbers, as they are going need quite alot of money to pull it off.

I'm no expert when it comes to politics, but I was thinking, why don't they just completely ignore the EU treaty and write their own constitution, for the people, by the people, that completely undermines the Lisbon treaty.
These wanker politicians have completely ignored the will of the people, so lets just ignore them back and create our own European constitution. A true democratic constitution, that respects all people throughout Europe and gives every country equal power and rights. I imagine, if they are successful, that will no doubt probably be there next step.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
I don't know much about this guy, but I commend what he's trying to do and I very much hope that he succeeds, for everyones sake. I'm surprised he doesn't team up with the other millionaire Stuart Wheeler, who also opposes the EU treaty. Strength in numbers, as they are going need quite alot of money to pull it off.

I'm no expert when it comes to politics, but I was thinking, why don't they just completely ignore the EU treaty and write their own constitution, for the people, by the people, that completely undermines the Lisbon treaty.
These wanker politicians have completely ignored the will of the people, so lets just ignore them back and create our own European constitution. A true democratic constitution, that respects all people throughout Europe and gives every country equal power and rights. I imagine, if they are successful, that will no doubt probably be there next step.

Like i have said Ireland basically has the choice...

1)Make sure the vote is different next time.

2) Get out of our bureaucratic orgy fest.

The first choice is most likely,they WONT write the treaty again..thats fact! well not fact...but kinda...Also Ireland depends on the EU alot,Alot of what made them prosper is due to the EU...so they wont want to get kciked out...so option 1 seems most plausable...Plus the difference between the Yes an No camps wasnt that large.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join