It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ireland has rejected the lisbon treaty

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
Woop woop

Update your abortion laws though Ireland!

How about minding your own effing business? You don't live in Ireland so you worry about the abortion laws in your own country.

Why do people think that it's appropriate to dog another group of people's way of life just because they don't agree with you?

Yay for Ireland. I'm glad to see you giving the middle finger to Brussels.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
In the name of the Hungarian people, we'd like to thank the wisdom, the courage and the bravery what the Irish people have shown on this day. In the other countries, the Government didn't even let the people to vote in this matter, while everyone, who knows what are the stakes are rejecting this. But you Irish, shown that you still can fight, this time against the Zionist Globalist regime, what the EU represents. Thanks again. You guys are the greatest. This might start the total fall of the Zionist EU, what many of the citizens are already want in the last years.

I salute you, Guys.

Dark Crystalline
Budapest, Hungary

[edit on 13-6-2008 by Dark Crystalline]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The progress of the lisbon treaty shows how the secret elites slowly take over using a process of "guiding" the public into the intended outcome by manufacturing consent.

EU is following the same process that "founded" the USA.

Originally, the colonies were equal and sovereign in a confederation of states. The "Continental Congress" (it included Canada at one point!) met for a number of years after independence from the UK was obtained.

But soon, the leaders of various states began to complain that the Congress was "powerless and penniless" to funciton in a cohesive way.

So Congress impanneled a special meeting, to come up with suggestions for revising the Articles of Confederation, the founding document of the US of A, which most people under the Age of 40 have never even heard of, let alone read.

The representatives met in a secret meeting, and came out with copies of a whole new "Constitution of the United States." The delegates voted on the material they'd just produced, and passed. Many states never even had a popular referendum on the Constitution---it was merely approved by a majority vote of the various legislatures--some of which met irregularly to get the needed quota of supporters.

I bring this up to point out the pattern the True Owners of the world use to convince the public is in charge.

Of course, within a generation, there was a crisis when a majority of the states decided to leave the Union, and were brought back into the fold in the single biggest bloodbath in US history. It also made a laughing stock of popular sovreignty, the due process of law, and "states' rights."

I know people enjoy throwing rocks at Bush, but he is bush-league compared to Lincoln (who jailed every Democrat official in Maryland and West Virginia for the duration of the war) and F.D. Roosevelt (who created the imperial presidency of today wherein 80% of civilan govt employees work for the executive branch, i.e., the white house.)

Lisbon WILL come to pass, but under a different name; or else the Irish politicians will accept "parts" of the treaty, piecemeal over time, until its in place.

In the US, the Federal Reserve had to be enacted this way. It was originally put in place, twice, as the "Bank of the United States." It was dismantled both times, but was eventually wormed in via piecemeal legislation, with congress meeting "irregular session" i.e., secret, to get the job done.

Sorry for such a convoluted post. While I celebrate the Irish populace's vigilance, I am concerned that "compromise" is inevitable.

all the best.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The final figures came in:

53.4% No
46.6% Yes

Small margin - these figures will give some hope to the arrogant politicians who will try and barder a deal somehow, and keep the rest of Europe in their graces.

Brei.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Jose Manuel didnt really give the impression they were just going to throw it out and start again..i wonder what they are planning?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Truther

God bless you folk from the Emerald Isle and my personal thanks to all who voted NO (we will not go quietly into the darkness)!!
That was truly awesome to see such a small country give such a massive blow to the mighty E.U. or so called elites.

All of you that voted no have sent a message and set an example that the whole world should listen to and take notice of!!

I am truly blown away and in awe.

P.S. Dan Tanna I could not of said it any better myself.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I think this is good news. Might be none of my business since I live in Australia but the treaty sounds dangerous to me. I'm fond of the saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it" and it seems to me Europe has done well as a collection of independent nations. I know the nations of Europe would still be independent even if the treaty was signed but there would have less independence then before the treay.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
out of 5 million odd irish people, only 800,000 of us voted NO! I was watching sky news and they reckon there gonna go a . with it anyway, this is not for sure im just goin by the news, they have balls.. just under 1,700,000 turned out to vote.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Truther

Just 3 million we're eligible. Makes the 800000 look a bit better, but still shows, that people are sick, tired and disinterested in the way, politics are run today.
Hell you should have seen the propaganda here in Dublin, never seen that much "yes yes yes" thrown in your way. And still they lost.

Gosh, i like to live here and just to fit the cliche, i'm going to get a hell of drunk tonight to celebrate the vote

[edit on 13-6-2008 by Phil J. Fry] Now if just could get used to the english keyboard layout...

[edit on 13-6-2008 by Phil J. Fry]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
God bless the Irish people.

They never have responded well to bullying and government intrusion. Glad to see someone out there with the guts to tell the globalist power mongers HELL NO.

Maybe one day Americans and other Europeans will be able to follow suit.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Yeah peruvianmonk mind your own business.

One of the main reasons we voted no was because we are one of the few western democracies left who realise that human life has actual value.

I am a woman myself and I know that just because some woman couldn't be bothered raising a child she is responsible for conceiving or even just carrying it for 9 months before having it adopted does NOT give her the right to kill it!

It's a credit to Ireland that we can at least maintain enough self-control, maturity and responsibility to not get pregnant in the first place and to take responsibility for our actions if it does happen!

Countries that legalize abortion should be ashamed.

And so should you.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
“Perhaps a more measured view of the treaty is this crap from the BBC.”

Your pro Europe and ZanuNL if you think Aunty is balanced. Have you been kept in a cellar?

Pellevoisin your hope and love of democracy is lost here mate, nothing but the end of freedom here, move along or Baroso will leave the farm and set his Scottish hound on you. 42 days in a small room for you boy.

This is the end of democracy in Europe and the foul thing that wants it (I’m being polite) is a communist. Am I surprised? Let this day be remembered has the day democracy died.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Way to go Ireland, good on you.

For a Nation that represents 1% of the population of the European Countries in the EU, you sure have packed a mighty punch, way above your weight .... Ireland you have my grateful thanks.

If i was rich enough to buy all of you a Guiness i would.

kind and grateful regards
Wotan

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Just a BIIIIIG thank you on behalf of my fellow citizens here in the UK on voting NO!

We've been denied our democratic right to vote on the future of OUR country.

As was written in The Times - the Treaty is anti-democratic at its core. Hell - even our own governments are acting anti-democratically by denying us a vote.

After reading the first few articles of the treasty, I'm completely apposed to it.

The People of Ireland have spoken. If they force it through now, it's time for a revolution. We need to stand up to our governments and show them who's really in power - THE PEOPLE.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Thanks Ireland, but unfortunately the treaty is not dead. Far from it, if Gordon Brown has anything to do with it. He's already said he will ratify the treaty regardless of the fact that Ireland voted against it. The lies, deceit and treachery continues, but what's new.

news.bbc.co.uk...

These politicians just don't understand the meaning of "NO". So much for democracy, they will now press a. and just completely ignore the Irish vote.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It seems that the Czech's have'nt sorted out whether they are going to ratify the Lisbon Treaty yet.

uk.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
These are the EU Nations that have ratified the Lisbon Treaty.

Fourteen members have already ratified the treaty and another four are close. Following is a breakdown:

PROCESS COMPLETE:

AUSTRIA - Parliament authorised ratification on April 9.

BULGARIA - Parliament ratified on March 21.

DENMARK - Parliament ratified on April 24. Lawmakers approved the charter in a 90-25 vote.

FRANCE - Lower house of parliament ratified on February 7 by 336 votes to 52.

GERMANY - Upper house of parliament voted to ratify the treaty on May 23. Fifteen German federal states voted for ratification. The city-state of Berlin abstained.

HUNGARY - Became the first of the 27 EU countries to ratify the treaty in a parliamentary vote on December 17, 2007.

IRELAND - Irish voters rejected the Lisbon Treaty in a referendum on June 12 with 53.4 percent voting against and 46.6 percent voting for. Ireland was the only member that put the pact to the public in a referendum.

LATVIA - Approved treaty on May 8.

LITHUANIA - Approved treaty on May 8.

LUXEMBOURG - Parliament ratified the treaty on May 29.

MALTA - Parliament unanimously ratified treaty on January 29.

PORTUGAL - Parliament voted to ratify treaty on April 23.

ROMANIA - Parliament ratified the treaty on February 4.

SLOVAKIA - Parliament approved the treaty on April 10 after an opposition party backed away from a threat to derail ratification.

SLOVENIA - EU president Slovenia's parliament ratified the bloc's reform treaty on January 29.

OTHERS YET TO RATIFY:

CZECH REPUBLIC - The upper house referred the treaty to the country's top court in April to rule if it was in line with the constitution, delaying ratification by parliament until late 2008.

ESTONIA - Parliament approved the treaty on June 11. The president's signature will complete the process.

FINLAND - Parliament approved the treaty on June 11 by 151 votes for and 27 against. The process will be completed when President Tarja Halonen signs it into law.

POLAND - Both chambers of parliament approved the treaty in April. However, President Lech Kaczynski has yet to sign the treaty in the final part of the ratification process.

BELGIUM, CYPRUS, GREECE, ITALY, NETHERLANDS, SPAIN, SWEDEN and UNITED KINGDOM have yet to ratify the treaty.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Foreign Secretary David Miliband says the UK must ratify the EU Treaty despite its rejection by Irish voters.

WHY? Do they have something on us? Do the politicians wqant to continue their corruption at any cost?

WHAT IS IN IT FOR THE PEOPLE???????

In short, the UK Government are dictators. Plain and simple.

They only give us the vote at election time to keep the illusion of a democracy. We're no better off than people in Zimbabwe, politically. Maybe its why we don't go in there and sort the problem out. There's more reason to go into there than there ever was in Iraq!

[edit on 13-6-2008 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Fantastic, i love you Ireland, i know most of my family from there voted no.

The treaty required everyone to sign it and nations are being called to sign anyway. Is it possible they'll just ammend it so that Ireland isn't needed as a signatury?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join