It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ireland has rejected the lisbon treaty

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Ireland has rejected the lisbon treaty

news.sky.com

Justice Minister Dermot Ahern said unofficial vote tallies indicated the Lisbon Treaty would be dumped although official verdicts from the first of Ireland's 43 constituencies are not expected until late afternoon.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I am so happy, i myself voted NO! this is a big victory for europe against these globalist vampires, I knew my fello country men and women wouldnt let us down.
The leech's in Brussels are tearing there hair out!

news.sky.com

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
lucky you that in your country still have the right to vote in referendum for what the people think is good or bad for their nation.

We are no longer that lucky in America, here we have a government that is ruled by Globalist on corporate America pay role.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
sure looks like it, good news eh. i wonder what will happen now, second vote, ramming it through using the courts. this is where it'll get interesting i think.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
For anybody that wants to know what the treaty is all about this is a link.

The Treaty signed by the Heads of State or Government of the 27 Member States in Lisbon on 13 December 2007 will provide the EU with modern institutions and optimised working methods to tackle both efficiently and effectively today's challenges in today's world. In a rapidly changing world, Europeans look to the EU to address issues such as globalisation, climatic and demographic changes, security and energy. The Treaty of Lisbon will reinforce democracy in the EU and its capacity to promote the interests of its citizens on a day-to-day basis.

europa.eu...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

I dont know to be honest, will be interesting tho.
it goes to show, the people do still have power!
Its really after giving me hope, a powerful blow to the new world order!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
For anybody that wants to know what the treaty is all about this is a link.

The Treaty signed by the Heads of State or Government of the 27 Member States in Lisbon on 13 December 2007 will provide the EU with modern institutions and optimised working methods to tackle both efficiently and effectively today's challenges in today's world. In a rapidly changing world, Europeans look to the EU to address issues such as globalisation, climatic and demographic changes, security and energy. The Treaty of Lisbon will reinforce democracy in the EU and its capacity to promote the interests of its citizens on a day-to-day basis.

europa.eu...

This is a pro lisbon treaty website, They dont tell you the real reason Ireland voted No. Check this one out. www.lisbonvote.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
But...but...but.... on the news I saw they were using paper ballots!

What sort of backward democracy uses paper ballots? They never give the right result, everyone knows electronic touchscreens are far more reliable..... now, where did I put the number the Diebold?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Is that a joke?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Truther

If it were not a joke I'd deserve shooting

... twice, to avoid a one line post.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Thank god, my blood started boiling, I thought god not another one..

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truther

I am so happy, i myself voted NO! this is a big victory for europe against these globalist vampires, I knew my fello country men and women wouldnt let us down.
The leech's in Brussels are tearing there hair out!

news.sky.com

If you PM me your address ill send a crate of drink to you.

You think i'm kidding / hell no way am i.

The Irish NO vote has made you the last bastion of democracy in Europe.

I salute you all - you have justifiable reason to be very very proud indeed.

Daniel, Scotland.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Here in Holland we voted against Europe to, some time ago. The only thing that came out of it, is that they are now trying to push it through unnoticed, without a referendum.

I'm happy to see this result in Ireland and I'm curious to see how this will be handled.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Woop woop

Update your abortion laws though Ireland!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Perhaps a more measured view of the treaty is this one from the BBC.

The link also includes the treaty text (see if you can make sense of it) and protocols and declarations in PDF format.

Treaty Text
Have fun

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Glad common sense prevailed and the majority of us voted no. Now we just need to wait and see how the government react.

Btw does anyone know what the Brits decided to do, I think they were debating having their own referendum on the treaty in the house of lords or commons fairly recently

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sabre151

The UK government has rejected calls for a referendum on the issue; it'll be ratified by Parliament only as far as I know.

But the Irish 'No' vote puts a different complexion on the whole Treaty.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
In this case, a 'yes' vote does not mean a positive for the country!!
Ireland has gained more than any other Euro country, and for this, they will feel the pinch in some shape or form. France and Germany will be furious with this outcome.

As for Diebold, thats a good one - I'm sure their marketing team have a european division waiting in the wings - they would probably forget to recalibrate their machines and Bush would win in Germany!

Dan, any more of the wet stuff left? I'm sure Truther could send some north!

A thirsty Brei.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
just heard borroca or boroco or whatever you call him on tv calling for the ratification process to continue. mentioned legal arrangements that might be made. looks like they're going try to push on regardless.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The headline should be:

Ireland saves Europe!

Thank God for Eire !!!

I wonder if this "No" vote could be parlayed into effective demands for a Referendum in the UK -- especially with Davies and his unrelated protest that taps into the same opposition to Eurofascism and opposition to Gordon Brown's police state.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join