It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quotes about relgion beleif and the lack of it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Some great quotes here
www.quotegarden.com...

"Religions are like farts.Yours is good but everyone else's stinks"
Picket fences

"If triangles had a God,He'd have three sides"
Old Yiddish proverb

"On the 6th day God created man,on the 7th day man returned the favour"
Unknown

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true,by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful"
Unknown

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered.
Religion is answers that may never be questioned"
Unknown

"All religions are the same;religion is basicaly guilt,with different holidays"
Cathy Ladman

"The more I study religions,the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself"
Unknown

"Religion is a monumental chapter in the history of human egotism"
William James

"Christianity might be a good thing if anyone ever actualy tried it"
G B Shaw

"Religious controversies are always productive of more acrimony and irreconcilable hatreds than those which spring from any other cause"
Unknown

"Question with boldness even the existance of God;because,if there be one he must approve of the homage of reason,than that of blind-folded fear"
Thomas Jefferson

"Ecclesiastical establishments tend to great ignorance and corruption,all of which facilitate the execution of mischeivious projects"
James Maddison

[edit on 01/24/07 by karl 12]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

"I do not feel obliged to beleive that the same God who has endowed us with senses,reason and intellect has intended us to forgoe their use".
Galileo Galilei

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Religions are like farts.Yours is good but everyone else's stinks"
Picket fences

No I wouldn't put it that cocky. Every body elses is just not true I believe, not stinks.

"If triangles had a God,He'd have three sides"
Old Yiddish proverb

lol

"On the 6th day God created man,on the 7th day man returned the favour"
Unknown

Yes he did, in a different way

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true,by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful"
Unknown

No, not by the wise as false. By the prdie of their wisdom in their own conceits. it's regarded as true by the deep.

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered.
Religion is answers that may never be questioned"
Unknown

No religion is questioned by blind understanding and it is answered by the wise.

"All religions are the same;religion is basicaly guilt,with different holidays"
Cathy Ladman

ridiculous. Bags of guilt God specifically said don't carry around and he told this in person to many saints. Again no understanding of goofballs made this qoute.

"The more I study religions,the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself"
Unknown

No, humility is the baises for our faith. This is a fact

"Religion is a monumental chapter in the history of human egotism"
William James

read the above qoute.

"Christianity might be a good thing if anyone ever actualy tried it"
G B Shaw

This is true, a true non hypocritical christian is rare, maybee.

"Religious controversies are always productive of more acrimony and irreconcilable hatreds than those which spring from any other cause"
Unknown

well truth is invloved in controversies so people want to get to the bottom of any argument of faith

"Question with boldness even the existance of God;because,if there be one he must approve of the homage of reason,than that of blind-folded fear"
Thomas Jefferson

Fear is nothing more than a sign of respect of God. I was a kid and I feared my dad (out of respect) but I still loved him. So there is a good healthy fear.

"Ecclesiastical establishments tend to great ignorance and corruption,all of which facilitate the execution of mischeivious projects"
James Maddison

wheres the proof everybody does this. not everybody is a hypocrite.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
do not feel obliged to beleive that the same God who has endowed us with senses,reason and intellect has intended us to forgoe their use".

Uhhhh sigh.....

No understanding again.

God made the body and its senses because the human race was already in paradise, but man sinned and lost that grace (which allows) them to handle the senses and not use them selfishly for their own destruction.

Also God might use these things as a test. Notice how all the good foods are also the ones that are the worst for you.

maybee God wants us to prove our discipline and worthiness to get into heaven. You can't just be a couch potatoe bum and do nothing to make it into heaven.

again no understanding.

I do have to admit, these qoutes are interesting, but come from the minds of men with little understanding.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Well, Jesus is truth-thanks for your opinion.
I have to say I agree with absolutely none of it but appreciate the post nonetheless.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

new topics

top topics

join