It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Flying Saucer Runs on Plasma

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   

New Flying Saucer Runs on Plasma

news.yahoo.com

A flying saucer is in the works, but it didn't come from space. It came from Florida.

ADVERTISEMENT

Subrata Roy, an engineering professor at the University of Florida, is trying to patent his design of a circular, spinning aircraft he dubs WEAV, short for wingless electromagnetic air vehicle.

The suggested prototype offers several advantages. It can hover and take off vertically. With no moving parts, the WEAV should be markedly reliable. And though his battery-powered model is
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Wow, yet more advances! It's only a matter of time. This stuff excites me more and more every day now. Hope everyone's ready for the future! Gear up boys and gals!

A larger model is definitely possible!

This model is said to be able to fly in atmospheres of other planets and moons as well! Fantastic!

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-6-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Is this not similar to the work done by Stan Deyo?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
these things hardly ever pan out

although it would be cool if this was an exception

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkey

So the good thing is that it can operate in our atmosphere successfully. The bad thing is that if there is no air to ionize, there's no propulsion or lift. Meaning, within the Earth's atmosphere we're golden, outside the Earth's atmosphere we're just another pile of debris.

It could however negate the need for heavy thrusters to make it outside of the Earth's atmosphere.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Yea, it could allow space craft to save their weight in fuel. It would be good for mass manned flights, near-space tourism etc. I would think.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
Yea, it could allow space craft to save their weight in fuel. It would be good for mass manned flights, near-space tourism etc. I would think.

dont get caught up with your point of view,youll impale yourself!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I believe that this is a good stock to invest in for you the greedy folks out there... Maybe there is potential for humans after all.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Thanks OP: Interesting stuff!

I do want to mention though that if it just ionises the air then this thing already exists and can be built on a desk top. There was a Mythbusters episode which involved the machine when they were searching for anti-gravity devices.

They ended up realising that (of course) the machine didn't counter or ignore gravity or anything, it just created thrust through ionised air movement and so on.

I'll try and find the video... Ok no dice, so here's exactly the same thing, but from a different source. The one on Mythbusters didn't go crazy like this one, I think it's because of the tethers... Enjoy!

[edit on 13/6/08 by Duality]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
It is quite an achievement. Now that we understand this concept I think that studying another planet and its atmosphere should be our goal so that we can create this type of machine/object to be symbiotically efficient and mechanically acclimated with its evironment.

I'm thinking way ahead, but I do believe that this type of technique should be possible on any planet with the capability to have ionized "air" and or other.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I also found this story sifting through the net. It seems this professor has supposively designed a plasma-propelled flying saucer. The article gives a breakdown of everything. Most of all the Air Force and NASA are very interested in the project. That's the kicker right there.

It's very daring to say the least to come out publicly about this spinoff technology. It's very much the same concept as we have known about the TR-3B. Magentic and plasma effect experiments. That would be the plasma generators and things such as that which I believe were the precursor experiments to the black triangle technology.

To me this professor is chipping away at black projects with this concept or design. So now he's creating public awareness that can draw greater interest. It seems like a good way to break through to disclosure.

But having no prototype or actual craft, it's not fact. It's a great design. It's a great idea. However, in the academic world, students will be able to grasp these concepts and bring them further to the front of cutting edge technology.

Hopefully, we can see one fly in the future. That would be great. This is what makes this project cool is that it has been made public to begin with. There are others out there, but I don't think this is going to be hidden away somewhere never to be seen again.

But who knows? It's all disinformation. It's all propaganda. We may never know of this again. They can turn the switch on this guy by the ones that already are said to have this technology in existence. By the countless reports of saucers and triangles, one has to wonder where this all truly comes from. Suppression can only be contained for so long before it explodes. The world is on edge and The Illuminati will dissipate very rabidly.

It is time to set the world on fire!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
People. Read the article. Just a reminder: He already has a 6 inch prototype working that runs off of batteries!

So, yes he already has a model to scale.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Ether will ionize.
The gaseous matter in between atoms is small, it still remains in
evacuated bulbs as Tesla has noted.
High voltage ac will break it apart.

I wanted to make a toy saucer with a zapper, positive ions make a
gravity well, see TT Brown.

But you must pulse away the negative charges somehow.

So I get you should use a chain saw motor.
I bet those saucers in Mexico uses propane and chain saw motors.

ED: We already have this technology obviously and the Illuminati
keeps a lid on it.

[edit on 6/14/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Oh come on. What do you want to bet the CIA is all over this already? You CIA people can't tell me you haven't seen this before. People have been talking about this for years. Someone finally came up with a design.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
NASA Jumps at Patent for Plasma-Powered UFO Technology

Link

new topics

top topics

join