It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist claims proof of Afterlife

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Scientists at The University of Arizona have done extensive research, and say that they have the proof that when we die we continue to live beyond our physical bodies.

"Almost anyone who sees the data says there's something real here," said one of the researchers.

www.newsnet5.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Interesting stuff, good post

However there is no real way to prove that an afterlife exists. Its the dilema of man, the meaning of life.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I think this thread also discusses this study.

[Edited on 4-3-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Yes nice find. it.. makes me feel like I want to find out if it's true.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I believe in it. Not only because of the link, though, also because of the many stories from surgery flat-liners who say they floated above the table and can recount things that the surgeons said and did during the operation, when her body was by all accounts clinically dead.

Too many stories of uncanny accuracy for me to believe the phenomenon is anything but true.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
the body could be dead but the will to survive is stronger than any will ever....your cells would try and charge up your brain to run again as hard as they can while they are still alive...the brain is dead is you are dead so if your cells charge up enuff shock to your brain thru the spinal cord you will live again....this has never been proven but i was watching osmosis jones and this guy was dead but they charge the spinal cord to keep him from dying....i believe in the afterlife too...if you ever saw the starwars saga you would know because only jedi masters become blue glowies.....so i guess your mind has to be really strong to live in the afterlife....just my part

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Ooops. it really is time to start getting dinner ready.
Here's the link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The Afterlife experiments

Here is dr schwartz's link

[Edited on 4-3-2004 by wahoo]

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Thanks wahoo!!

I think I'll pick that book up when I go to Borders
this weekend.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
i read it about a year ago its pretty awesome
heres is what csicop had to say about the studies (for the skeptics view)
csicop article on schwartz

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone

However there is no real way to prove that an afterlife exists. Its the dilema of man, the meaning of life.

Did you just read the article or not?? It flatly said that scientists in Arizon have found proof of an afterlife. But I guess if you ignore scientists that prove the existence of an afterlife, you can still have your own opinions.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCatalyst

Originally posted by earthtone

Did you just read the article or not?? It flatly said that scientists in Arizon have found proof of an afterlife. But I guess if you ignore scientists that prove the existence of an afterlife, you can still have your own opinions.

Quite incorrect. He stated he had found evidence that could be proof. A single scientists claimign something as proof doe snot make it so.

Had a scientist claimed to have proven there is no afterlife, you would be saying the same thing.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
A Lawyer Presents the Case for the Afterlife
Irrefutable Objective Evidence
-- by Victor Zammit

www.victorzammit.com...

An enjoyable read, very convincing, a couple of hundred pages long, downloadable as a PDF or Word doc.

There is undeniable scientific evidence to-day for the afterlife. I am an open-minded skeptic lawyer, a former practicing attorney-at-law formally qualified in a number of university disciplines.

The argument that follows is not just an abstract, theoretical, academic legal argument. As an open-minded investigator, I set out to investigate the existing evidence for survival and with others to create conditions to test for ourselves claims that communication with intelligences from the afterlife is possible.

After many years of serious investigation I have come to the irretrievable conclusion that there is a great body of evidence which taken as a whole absolutely and unqualifiedly proves the case for the afterlife. I will not be arguing that the objective evidence has just very high value. Nor am I suggesting that this evidence be accepted beyond reasonable doubt. I am stating that the evidence taken as a whole constitutes overwhelming and irrefutable proof for the existence of the afterlife.

There have been millions of pages written about psychic phenomena and scientific research into the afterlife. Using my professional background as an attorney and my university training in psychology, history and scientific method, I have very carefully selected aspects of psychic research and afterlife knowledge and have argued the case in a way that would technically constitute objective evidence in the Supreme Court of the United States, the House of Lords in England, the High Court of Australia and in every civilized legal jurisdiction around the world.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I feel it is a waste to spend time and money researching this, it is an intreeging subject but as we all know each of us will find out for themselves alone or not because the lights will be out.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
yeah but what's the quality of exixtience or lack of it

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
NEW BOOK ATTEMPTS TO PROVE AFTERLIFE:

A Tale of Two Brothers: Reaching out from Beyond

In her new book, "A Tale of Two Brothers: Jim Morrison & Michael Hutchence"
(www.alongthewatchtower.com...) Jacqueline Murray shares very detailed accounts of the lives and deaths of two of the most charismatic front men in music history. At 732 pages, it's hard to imagine anyone's imagination or eye for detail could be so strong as to author such a book without genuine spirit communication.

In Volume One, "Renaissance Man (The Memoirs of Jim Morrison),"revelations are made about how Jim Morrison of the Door's really died on in the summer of 1971, how he struggled to stay alive and why he was later placed in a bathtub. Learn of the dark secret that caused Jim Morrison to downward spiral into hardcore alcoholism and tore this genius apart from the inside out. Learn what some of the true inspiration was for Morrison's songs and how he views the Door's legacy from the other side.

In Volume Two "Chilled Divine ((The True Essence of Michael Hutchence)," Michael Hutchence (lead singer of INXS) seems to want to end the controversy over his tragic death. Michael also reveals his disdain for reality show "Rock Star" and how INXS sought a replacement for him. Michael's legacy of pain in his final days, his missing millions and his tortured relationship with Paula Yates are revealed in this chilling volume.

Several well known and credible psychics have contributed to this book or have helped the author validate much of what is contained within. These psychics have no monetary claim on the book but are willing to put their names and reputations on the line because they have each channeled Jim Morrison and Michael Hutchence for the author over a few years and believe this work to be authentic. These psychics include:

Famous L.A. psychic known for her amazing accuracy, Judy Hevenly:
(www.JudyHevenly.com...)

Famous Radio Psychic and Gettysburg Paranormal investigator, Francine Milano: (www.FrancineMilano.com...)

Internationally known Psychic, Spiritual healer and Medium Christopher Reburn of Florida: (www.thepsychicspirit.com...

L.A. psychic and medium known for her incredible spiritual channeling, Dr. Linda Salvin (www.LindaSalvin.com...)

Internationally known Dallas Psychic and Best Selling Author Kathleen Tucci:
(www.KathleenTucci.com...)

Third generation New England Psychic and Medium, Linda Merkel:
(www.psychicreadingsbymedium.com...)

Acclaimed Missing person's psychic of Oregon, Laura Moore:
(www.mediumLauraMoore.com...)

Any or all of these psychics may be contacted in connection to genuine media requests for this book as they are proud, honored and humbled to represent it.

Denise Caldwell

Attention Editors: For review copies, please call
Authorhouse promotional services: 1-888-728-8467
or email: pressreleases@authorhouse.com
(When requesting a review copy, please provide a street address)

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Polar Bear

What as opposed to the state of the world now?

Pfft it cant be any worse....we live in the waiting room of H3LL.

I have always believed there HAD to be more than this materialistic, miserable excuse of an existance.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
A good guess of carrot cake and peanuts does not do it for me. I see no proof in the link provided in the original post. Aside from the practical debunking there is a whole bunch of paranormal explanations. For example maybe the medium picking up on the interviewed person's brain emissions. Just saying this proof is weak of an afterlife. Not saying there isn't.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoterica

Nothing will open a closed mind-It was not stated that a single scientist had found proof, but a number of them-I would always examine things with an open mind, or you will never find the facts-The same in this situation-How can you possibly know about any proof if you have not even bothered to examine it with an open mind ?-A dogmatic assertion without having examined the facts is totally without merit-I am just advocating an open mind here, plus an intelligent examination of the issue in question

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join