It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you assign a gender to non-gender objects?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Does your car become "The good girl"..or the BAD girl *giggles*

Do you catch yourself admiring a motorcycle and saying.."Yeah, look at that boy over there.."
For the most part, I have heard this applied to cars, trucks, motorcycles and boats..
"BOY TOYS"
Some even go as far as to give them names!
So do you do this, or do you know someone who does this? Not just with vehicles but with anything.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
oh yeah, I do it for sure. My computer's name is "Tigger" because it has a tendency to defy a law of physics. Namely Causality. "B" does not necessarily follow "A" in this computers case. Sometimes it'll jump straight to "R". Not sure why, but it'll do that. Come to think of it I've always named computers. Cars are typically "Baby" as in "C'mon Baby! I gotta get to work!". When upset the name gets dropped concerning a device. "why you $^#$!".

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
My car often gets refered to as an 'f-ing b*st*rd' when it miss-behaves, but I am never gender specific in my abuse

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
So true,

I seem to feminise large objects, I.e. planes, ships etc, and smaller objects masculine, I.e. cars, computers etc.

Look at that bad boy (I.e. new laptop etc); and, she's something else, isn't she, or she's a 'big girl' for a large plane or cruise liner, and so on.

(I hope there are no sex psychologists in the house tonight)!

Other than that, I am a totally sane, rational and sensible individual.

Brei.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I do because it makes me more comfortable for some reason. My lap top is a girl and I named it SERPENT. Weird, eh? I also view my car as a female. I see trees as males. I have no idea why.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
At first I thought you were talking about the Spanish Language. I don't assign gender to non gender items, but I do catch myself calling my vehicle "The Beast"!

I don't think that is very gender specific!

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Well my computer sometimes becomes miss (insert name of OS used), like I have miss Mac or miss windows or something like that lol...... kinda sad actualy lol

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I name my bicycles girls names. I have Peggy Sue & one I am putting together which will be Red Sonja.

top topics

join