It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditation tips,to find ones innerself.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Hello,I hope this is the right forum for this sort of thing. I'm after some newbie advice on meditation. I recently (beginging of this week) found out about how powerful meditation actually is. I always washed it off as hippy bs. But I can see how wrong I was,I feel slightly ashamed of the neglect I've subjected to my "self" and I want to right this wrong.

Now,I started of reading about Chakras meditation,and tried it out. i was pretty blown away by the instant results. Feelings of awareness and other feelings I can't begin to explain,all washing over me like tidal forces. So,basicly,can someone give me help,a few tips on how to keep my concentration focused (it's something I have a little trouble with sometimes) Also,breathing,rythmic breathing. Is that the slowly in the nose and out the mouth jobby? What's the best way to train myself to get into the habit of keeping this rhythmic breathing going? Is Chakras meditation the right type of meditation to find ones inner powers? What is the inner tree? And who is Sandalphon??!!

sooooo many question!!!

basicly,I'm a blank canvas,a hungy blank canvas who needs feeding knowlage. If anyone can help,I'll be grateful.

Last question (for this post) I pwomise......is it possible for me to achieve this knowlage,without turning into a full on yoghart weaving hippy?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Let me get back to you on that one. I have to go to work, but I'll be glad to offer what I can.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
yeah i did the firing chkras thing before, from head to toe someone or something sent me cues to fire the brain or stomach then i couldnt move and got negative, so it they me let me go

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by CavemanDD
Let me get back to you on that one. I have to go to work, but I'll be glad to offer what I can.
I look forward to your reply with muchos anticipation
thank you

leomurray,I'm sorry that you've had a negative experience,but as far as i'm aware,this is part of the experience. You have to accept that it is part of you,and learn to use it to your advantage. (I may be way off,I'm sure someone will correct me if i am) I've had nothing negative so far at all,but then I'm just starting my journey,I'm sure the darkness in my self will show. I know it's there,and I think I'm ready to deal with it. I AM ready to deal with it.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
no it wasnt negative my thoughts became negative sorry for being brief im just tired, i got scared so they let me go

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
no worries on your briefyness,we're in different time zones after all!!
It's not quite mid day here yet.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
its morning here 6:16 am im just being a dumbass and not sleeping need something good before bed

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I read this a while back but havent got round to it yet - Im sure you'll find a lot of useful info on this thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by booda

funnily enough,that is the very thread that got my into this. It's very long though,sometimes I haven't enough time to fully read uber threads. I will devote some time to it though. Thanks for re-bringing it to my attention (this place is so big,sometimes you forget where certain threads were/are)

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I just thought of another question. I posed it on the "are you ready for ascension" thread,but it didn't get a reply.

basicly,the Chakras colours. Lots of website say that the root is red,the spleen is orange,the solar plexes is yellow,the heart is green,throat blue,third eye violet and the crown is prurple. Now,that's what the majority of sites tell me. But there is some confliction on this. Some say that these colours are a newer wesern "invention" And that these are not the true colours. I didn't have singular colours like that when i first tried to meditate. I tried to let the colours come to me,without any preconcieved notion of what it was supposed to look like. And it was alot closer to the discription given on this site www.wisdomsdoor.com... (loads of brilliant info on this site btw,been reading it for the last 3 days)

so,what is "right" or is it different for everyone?

edit-spelling

[edit on 13/6/2008 by Acidtastic]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
what about the ones in the legs, ive noticed that i can make them in other places but perhaps im not doing it the same way most do. but maybe thats not a bad thing

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
well,I know about the foot chakra (due to the site i posted) that makes the whole legs tingle. I can imagine that we have many,smaller energy centres in our body. maybe you've activated some of these

[edit on 13/6/2008 by Acidtastic]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
whilst watching the video on the thread linked by booda,on the first page. I was not quite deep in,just on the edge,as it was getting up past the throat and onto the third eye,and i could feel that I wasn't properly "under" I said in my mind "I'm too awake" and then my voice said"don't worry,I'll get you there" and I started really deep breathing,and lolloping my head round my neck in a figure 8 pattern,all whilst my jaw went like I'd popped a couple of disco biscuits (sticking out shaking,chattering teeth) This lasted basicly until the end of the video,and when I "came to" I was very cold,and euphoric. is this a normal experience?

Also,back to that voice,my voice,but saying things without me thinking it.Like giving me downloads of info,it's like I've thought it,but I didn't know it,but I thought it like i'd known all along. I keep getting this,it's rather funky. Like after my session,I wanted a glass of something,whilst making my mind up on what to have. My voice says "have some water,it's full of life energy and you will feel that energy when you drink it" My voice added a few more deeper "connection to all" type stuff as it does,but I can never physically remember it all. And i went and got a drink,when I blinked,I could see the water coming from the tap,even though it was just a flash of a second,I saw it as clear as if I'd looked at it for an hour. It was black,with bright blue streaks in.(from behind my eyelids) I could see the outline of the tap,and soem ofthe sink too. Has anyone else experienced stuff like this?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
You could visualize your energy field as one component instead of separate centers. One large integrated field surrounding your body and filling in the space between the atoms. Then visualize the creation of angular momentum by mentally spinning that integrated field.

Electric and Magnetic fields are quantified in the Maxwell Equations, which "fully describe the sources of the fields as being stationary and moving charges, and the interactions of the fields themselves". The experiment for me is to attempt to create a force by visualizing sustained angular momentum of the human energy field.

Or you could forget what everyone has said including me and do something completely different. For instance, you could visualize the creation of the infinity symbol wrapped around you in a 3d torus like twisting motion.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I know what you mean - I have that set as my favourite and will be going on holiday this weekend and hope to practice some of it there (unless I do the usual and get lashed but hopefully I will have more self control).......

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
hey sorry for the delay.. heres something I wrote a while ago..

When meditating, get comfortable, breathe..through your nose...count to 4... exhale, count to 4 then inhale again.. this isnt that important and I STILL screw it up all the time, but it gets you relaxed. Focus on NOTHING..nothing but the breath, and the counts. If by the way you have trouble sleeping.. I find that breathing at this moderate pace, while counting, puts me out every time. Another bonus. Don't concentrate on falling asleep either, just reeeelaxx...sink into the bed, breatheing moderately and heavily through the nose, counting each step. It also helps to decrease how much air you take in gradually, dont force this, this should come naturally, and eventually your pulse will slow too and before you know it you're out like a light.

When meditating though its good to try and keep the breaths heavy, it helps keep you awake. The state you are going for is your body being relaxed and paralysed like you are asleep, but your mind is awake and pure.

So just relax and breathe for the time being, do that, while counting, as long as it takes for your over-active brain to settle down. Its really hard at first I know. Your body has to be comfortable, as well as your mind.. but the mind has to also stay alert so that you don't fall asleep.. A good sign of this is, thoughts dissapate..like you think it should during meditation, but its like.. theres no thoughts there at all, and its like a few second lapse in time and concentration and maybe even nonsense images or words will come to mind. Thats how you know you're falling asleep. When I know thats happening I make sure to make the breathes heavier incase they slowed too much, and I might crack the eyes open a bit to take in light.

NOTE:.. When your eyes are closed, your brain creates a drug to put you to sleep. The way around this for meditating.. Its simple. Meditate with your light on, but your eyes closed. The stronger the light, the better of course, the reason being is that even though your eyes are closed, light penetrates the eyelids and so your brain doesnt think its time to sleep.

OK so your sitting, lieing down, whatever, just be relaxed. sitting is optimal but if you can't, then lie down. The whole idea of the sitting is that you stay awake for one... that your spine is straight and energy can flow freely through your body unblocked.. and usually the hands or arms are rested on the legs, which are crossed. Essentially this is circulating your energy by keeping your limbs in contact in some way. You'll notice the difference. I lie down personally, but I kinda fold my legs like a pretzel..as comfortable as I can.. discomfort will constantly screw up your meditation, so get really comfortable, but again not so much as you'd fall asleep. Like lie on your bed, the floor if its not rock hard.. and even give yourself a pillow, why not. But yeah.. I lie down, fold my legs, and you notice a big difference in feeling when you dont fold them.. I relax my arms.. I used to clench my fists because it was most comfortable for me, but now I let my hands be open, resting on my bed, with the tip of my index finger touching the tips of my thumbs on the same hand... I find this peaceful, so I do it. With your hands open, fingers free... you can really feel your energy flowing more. It will feel like blood or water in your fingers but it will be tingling you know?

I also try to make contact with the roof of my mouth and my tongue. The taosist..qi-gong guys do this to connect their energy and I must say the first time I did this I felt something. It feels like it does connect something. It connects your conceptive vessel to your governing or something... front energy to your back.. I just know I feel relaxed like energy flows better this way.
Anyways... so now thats HALF the battle. Getting all comfortable, and peaceful... relaxed breathing, relaxed body..

First, I'd say.. throw out all pre-conceptions of what meditation is like because everyone's is different. Don't go into it expecting anything, just go with it. But its good that before you start, you set a goal, like something you want to figure out if you reach deep meditative thought..like a problem. I used to do that, but I feel I don't have any problems that need to be acknowledged..so... basically, yesterday my meditation goal was...reach a deeper state of meditation/concentration.. reach a higher frequency, and try to sustain it, and understand it, and let it transform me.

Ok so anyway... relaxed, breathing moderately, through your nose.

Ok.. so eliminating distracting thoughts... I'm not plagued by these so much anymore but I used to be for sure. I did what this book told me and it worked. I used to close my eyes and do it for 15 minutes every day. If you can't ignore a thought... if you can't basically tell it... you're of no use to me right now, go away.. then try to cancel it out like. It sounds negative.. but.. it worked for me. Like say you got a food craving.. think about how disgusting the process of eating and digestion really is.. killing a filthy animal and putting its filthy body in your mouth just to stay alive. Ha. You know when you see something disturbing and you're like AHH i dont wanna think about it. Yeah, well that works.

So that should get the big distractions out of the way.. Now of course your mind is going to have little pointless BS thoughts about random stuff that just pop up constantly. This is something the meditator must over-come. Concentrating on your breath should keep you a little focussed and make these thoughts slow down in the frequency in which they appear.

Theres another thing I was tought which helps you get pretty focussed right away: Count down from 10 to 0.. see the numbers in your head, when you get to 7 picture it being a red 7...and then orange 6, yellow 5, green 4, blue 3, violet 2, white 1, 0 nothing.. It requires more concentration then you'd think. I do this 2 or 3 times in a row and I notice my attention begins to sharpen.

Next you can listen to sounds, pick each sound out individually, listen to is frequency, try to anaylse where its comming from etc. I find that doing this you'll notice like 10 sounds you didn't know were there. For some reason.. this has the tendency to put me to sleep. You can also analyse what your body feels, like the texture of your clothes of course you'd be feeling yet un-aware of since it's constantly touching your skin.. maybe feel what your hands are rested on too.

Feel the blood squirt in and out of your heart, feeling the thumps.

Little stuff like this should get your mind PRIMED. This is the alpha state, or like access meditation. Its like the point where your mind finally settles in and says lets do this..

Then... its simple... you focus on an object. Create it visually in your mind, focus on its attributes. It can be whatever you want. The whole point is to sharpen your concentration..taking you further into meditation, and altering your state of mind.. By focusing on one object in your mind, distracting pointless thoughts will fade over-time, until all you're thinking about is the object, and then depending on the person.. after an amount of time, you can abandone the object and think about NOTHING... just be in the moment. Usually around here you'll notice you don't feel your body unless you choose to acknowledge it. Maybe your head will feel like its swimming, and its like you don't think, you just FEEL with your mind. You just ARE.

At any point in the meditation, the beginning..or like 3 hours in like some people, you can do like excercises or something, solve your problem you know? Pose a thought and see what our mind produces from it.

You know, its your meditation, do what you want with it. But this should help you concentrate and get into it.

MUSIC.. ok.. I find dead silence to be boring and thus starting meditation can be tough... when your far enough in, you won't care I don't think. I put the music on so I can hear it, but I don't blast my ear drums so I can't think. I make it loud enough to acknowledge but not loud enough to disturb my thoughts. You might not meditate long at first.. I usually try for 45 minutes every day but once in a while I'll go for about 2 and half to 3 hours. And trust me.. right around the hour mark or however long it takes you to get really focussed.. when some strange sounds come into your awareness, its a great experience, it creates all sorts of interesting thoughts and you really feel the music, you become it, you match your frequency to its frequency. Its wonderful.

OK well i don't know how I had problems pasting that. It kept repeating. Frustrating, well its done, I think..

When meditating: I personally. I put on the radio station DRONE ZONE from SomaFM...GOOGLE IT... on winamp. It sounds nice.. spacey ambient music.

OK so again, this is how "I" meditate. Maybe it can help anyone whos new to meditation. Its confusing at first. I had no idea what to expect, and I must say... don't expect nothing. Whatever someone tells you, your meditation will differ, so don't stress yourself if your meditation isn't like theres. Everyone is unique.

----------------------------
hopefully that is of help. Your meditation is your own, but stilling the mind is I think essential, but it deepens gradualy.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This thread is really very similar to the one in skunk works... but its probably more suited in this section actually.
With meditation do we naturally open our selves up to lucid dreaming and astral projection? Its just Im beggining to think lucid dreaming can be confusing, I can never understand them, sometimes it seems pointless

Also can we get dry periods with meditation where nothing seems to work, we just feel like we are sitting there going through the motions

(Oh I think I answered you on the ascension thread didnt I? Im sure I told you to go check psychos thread out)

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

wow,I've not read it all yet,but I just wanted to say thank you,before I'd finished it. So,thank you,you rock

and now I have read it,thank you once again. I'm glad you mentioned strange sounds,cos I'm sure I could hear,like,church organ chords last night. It was like they were a million miles away,and in my room at the same time. of course,as soon as i became properly aware of it it went. I had only been meditating for about 10 minutes,this happened shortly after this,on the wind down. Thought I was going mad I tells ya

[edit on 16/6/2008 by Acidtastic]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
One way to practice focus during meditation is to count to 4 while inhaling through the nose, count to 5 while holding the breath, and count to 4 while exhaling. You can use your own count system.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by eye open doors
One way to practice focus during meditation is to count to 4 while inhaling through the nose, count to 5 while holding the breath, and count to 4 while exhaling. You can use your own count system.

this is indeed a good begginner practise. And I would still do it before starting... like say you are not in the mood or have a wandering mind one day etc... I would do the counts for maybe, not even 2 minutes just to relax, and then i would do like 25 - 30 minutes of like balancing... just to give myself a sense of calmness, patience, motivation, inner peace, overall stabilitiy.

(look up chakra meditation).

I do this before I get right into it.. I find when you are completely balanced (or close to it).. you are more likely to able to take the experience seriously.. I've noticed in a few days i've been able to double my sense of chi in a way, just through getting balanced and serious.

Another method a freind taught me I used to use was the countdown.. did i mention it? sorry that post i made was from months ago.

Really though, i would strongly recommend focus on breathing, and relaxing, this is how I got started. I used to be pissed off at work all the time, eat my breakfast, close my eyes, try and relax, try and think positive thoughts, and before I realised it...months had passed.. my mind was more naturally relaxed/ i was more focussed and i wasn't so pissed off in the morning. These little 15 minute things really help. It makes your big meditations much easier.

Again, i would recommend learning about your energy centers, trying to feel them, recognize them, and learning to balance them. This is a meditation in itself, but I find it helps before meditation.

Glad I could be of some help. Feel free to ask questions.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join