It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Resistance-Who should we learn from?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
With all the things that are going on in the world food riots,death camp rumours,RIFD chips do people think it may be time to start thinking about defending everything we hold dear ie our freedoms in all their forms.I'm talking about a resistance movement.Think about it,there are loads of us here on this forum alone ,never mind all the others.We must be able to organise something even if it's internet based.So ,the question I'm asking is what resistance groups past and present could we learn from (tactics etc).People allover the world in a opressed and poor societies had enough about them to develop secret communication networks etcFor example cockney ryhming slang was developed by criminals in Victorian London to be able to speak to each other under the polices radar ,see what I mean?Also can anybody think of a snappy title,lol?Any security peeps(agents of oppression) reading this -How you doing today?You're looking sexy!Love and Revolution ,Candy

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
It would be foolish to answer such a question on a board you KNOW is being monitored by governmental agencies.

Web searches from internet cafes are your friend.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
ghandi's methods of passive resistance have always been a favourite of mine, and are almost tailor made for the situation. as it stands, violent resistance is what "they" would hope for, if "they" exist. it gives them the opportunity to speed up the process. it's harder to do than violent resistance, and not nearly as sexy, but given the situation at the moment it seems the best option.

the truth is, we don't know who are the sheep and who is the shepherd, or if there is a shepherd. killing sheep is pointless because there are so many sheep, and it's also a bit evil, so i don't think its a good idea. passive resistance allows you to stem the flow if the shepherd doesn't exist, maybe even divert it or reverse it altogether, and if there is a shepherd, there is nothing they can do that doesn't strengthen your case and make the same resistance more effective.

the only thing that's required for it to work is staying power. it has already started, and it is working, so join in and help.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
It would be foolish to answer such a question on a board you KNOW is being monitored by governmental agencies.

Stuff them I aint hiding,but thanks for posting and the tip which I accidentally deleted from the quote.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Sorry head cold messing up my posting.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Thanks peiman .You make some good points but I don't think it's the whole answer i still think there's alot to learn from other groups.So ,this is a bit awkward but if it's already started point me in the right direction.If your on about survival UK already put my name down .I was thinkng more about freedom fighters anyway.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
best solution I can think of right now:
turn on as many people as you can to this website!
knowledge is power. The more of the general public that reads the stuff on here, the fewer willing "servants" there will be submitting to the agenda of the PTB. That is where passive resistance will have its effect.
You can't convince your friends in a conversation or two, but by reading here every day a number of them will eventually come around or have their eyes opened enough to make a difference.
wayno

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
best solution I can think of right now:
turn on as many people as you can to this website!
knowledge is power. The more of the general public that reads the stuff on here, the fewer willing "servants" there will be submitting to the agenda of the PTB. That is where passive resistance will have its effect.
You can't convince your friends in a conversation or two, but by reading here every day a number of them will eventually come around or have their eyes opened enough to make a difference.
wayno

Ver true.I think forums like ats are really valuable for diseminating information.I've been reading Nick Davies 'Flat Earth News' and if what he says is accurate we have major problems with get any accurate reporting or any reports of events at all.But I was thinking of different resistance groups throughout history.For example I know there was a Jewish resistance group during the Second World War.I think things will come to a point where passive reistance won't be enough.I'm not necessarily talking about weaponary etc but stratergies.People can u2u me if they don't want to say stuff on the thread but I'm geniunely interested

top topics

join