It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Funeral by Donation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Ever been told that you must use a funeral home? That you must embalm, or use a hearse? Is 6 ft deep really required in your state? Must you actually spend thousands and thousands...NO!

Here in Texas I found a church/cemetary that will accept your loved one based on a DONATION! They do request that you make a specific donation, yet will allow a burial with little or no funds. The donation is to cover their overhead...non-profit organization, etc.
Well in a nut shell it is a green funeral...no casket of metal, wooden or cardboard box is ok or shroud. No embalming....etc.
Wow what a blessing this has been since my brother had died not long ago!
The site

another article

another site

Found these links by doing a search of the words, "cheap burial'.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
whilst I sympathise with your loss , I can't help but wonder if they can do my mother - in - law, She ain't dead yet though.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Geez, what can I say?

I waw told by a Funeral home that they would pick up the body for $400.00 to transport it 200 mile here. I inquired if they used some exotic new fuel as it would only run me the cost of around $80.00 round trip.
Their reply was that they used, "Liscened Professionals"...
I told them accourding to the Statutes of Texas regarding burial and transportation of bodies...all that is required is the death certificate and a transport issue writ from a Justice of the Court, fee amount under $20.00...so I'd just pick him up myself from the morgue.

See they try and STICK it to you in your time of grief if you dont know any better!
Get educated on the laws/statutes in your state and save $$$

join