It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is "right"? What is "wrong"?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

the way i look at it: rules (societies and religions) are boundaries. they "block" us from what we are really capable of...

HA! MY points exactly as well!

religion is a structured belief, a prison surrounding supposedly free thinkers and true believers. true believers in what??? a dogma and set of rules they are forced to comply by or else, whoops, you cant go by that title anymore. since when did needing to have a religion become so important. why did the question change from "what do you believe?" to "what are you?"

WHAT am i? im human, im art.

WHO am i? a crazy kid whose getting ready to change the world (starting with the lo life uprising but yall dont know about that because you arent in this area)

sorry i get all riled up whenever people i agree with people

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
once you are completely liberated
you will know what it is to be beyond right and wrong

i love you.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
scat---what are u saying???

type clearly and make shure it makes scence please...

no offence i just dont get what ure saying

HA! MY points exactly as well!

religion is a structured belief, a prison surrounding supposedly free thinkers and true believers. true believers in what??? a dogma and set of rules they are forced to comply by or else, whoops, you cant go by that title anymore. since when did needing to have a religion become so important. why did the question change from "what do you believe?" to "what are you?"

WHAT am i? im human, im art.

WHO am i? a crazy kid whose getting ready to change the world (starting with the lo life uprising but yall dont know about that because you arent in this area)

sorry i get all riled up whenever people i agree with people

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Perhaps this will help:
"A thing is only right or wrong because "we" (you, I, others, etc.) say it is.
A thing is not right or wrong intrinsically (as such, in and of itself, per se, etc.).

What is right or wrong or what is rightness or wrongness is not an intrinsic condition. It is a subjective (personal view, opinion, belief, determination, etc.) judgement in a personal value system. By your subjective judgements do you create your Self ---- by your personal values do you determine and demonstrate Who You Are."

"Conversations with God: an uncommon dialogue" by Neale Donald Walsch, 1996.

Interesting, eh?

regards
seekerof

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
that is my point exactly!

there is NO right/wrong it is up to YOU to make that decision...

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
scat---what are u saying???

type clearly and make shure it makes scence please...

no offence i just dont get what ure saying

very sorry, i was getting very emotional and looking for a really good painting at the same time...NOOO!! haha.

i was referring to you saying that religion confines us. and all that my adjective packed paragraph was trying to say was that i agree with you.

and it seems that with religion, WHAT you are (ie. catholic, jew, non denom, etc.) has become more important that what you believe. why is this? because too many people conform to a religion instead of having an idea of belief of their own. with religion and faith (supposedly the most personal things) people have to belong to a group. if its so personal, why arent you an individual with your own beliefs, rather than part of another overgrown hierarchy?

sorry, that isnt much clearer.

lets just leave it at that i love you. hahaha

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
good thinking...people are "slaves" to religion/society and i am trying to make them think and make there OWN rules and beliefs...OH and i luv u 2...ewwwwwww!

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
personally i DO agree with my theory. i DO think that every person should make their OWN "rules".

any thoughts???

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This has come up before, more than once I'm sure, but I know of atleast one where I joined in the fun. The following info is actually taken from that topic, where Postings and Myself were having this same conversation. Hopefully it will help add to this cool topic here...

The whole tread is found here: www.belowtopsecret.com...

Originally posted by postings
"So would you say, that since there is no right, or wrong, that if indeed all are One, that if you hurt someone else, you are eventually hurting yourself?"

Answer posted by mOjOm
I can't answer for anyone else, but I have an opinion about your question.

First I would like to address the "there is no right or wrong" part. It's important to fully understand what the meaning behind that statement is trying to express. IMO, the meaning is about knowing the difference between the "concept" of good/evil & the "reality" of good/evil.

When one labels something as good, one automatically creates evil. That is, all "concepts" necessarily are based on one aspect vs. another; if a concept were to have only one aspect, it would be nonsensical. The duality of good/evil being separate forces out to destroy the other is an illusion of conceptual thinking. What needs to be realized is the iterdependence of all dualities, or in other words, the "Reality" is that there is only One.

With the above idea in mind, can you apply it to "hurting" others & self?

Originally posted by postings
I guess where I get tripped up is that I don't know for certain how the "interdependence" in the dualities (as you state it) leads to a "One?" In any interdependence, there is ALWAYS 2 or more. The only way I can kinda relate to this is the whole "yin and yang" concept, but I am not sure how that plays out in our practical lives. For instance, I don't think I could adequately walk up to someone, steal their coat, and believe that according to the "no right or wrong" thing, this act would not be right or wrong, but it would just be. Maybe I am missing the point, but it just seems like an excuse for a lack of conscience.

Answer posted by mOjOm
Actually you're doing very well so far!! The "Yin/Yang" is a step in the right direction and the fact that you brought it up on your own is a good sign. What is the Yin/Yang duality but a symbolic icon of "2 being 1".

Once again you are using the "good/bad" thing with the example of taking the coat of another. Let's use a similar example in order to clearify how "good or bad" is a "concept" you create to give meaning to a situation. The purpose is to show that the situation itself has no meaning until you create one.

Let's say it's freezing and there is one coat to keep warm between you and I. One will have to freeze but the other will get to live.
Now, regardless of who get's the coat should this situation be seen as:
1.) "Bad" because one of us dies. or "Good" because one of us lived?

2.) Is it "Bad or Good" if one of us takes the coat without offering it to the other first?

3.) If one of us offers the coat to the other is it "Bad" to accept it or "Good" to refuse it so the other will survive?

4.) How about if one of us is Young and the other is Old? Or One of us Rich and the other Poor? Or One of us "Male" and the other "Female"?

5.) How about if we are "Enemies"?

6.) How about if one of us is owns the coat?

Try not to think of it in terms of there is "NO good or bad" or "NO right or wrong". That would be "NOne" instead of One. When the duality is seen as one, it is "Empty" of meaning, which is different that meaning nothing.

Does that help??

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Christianity doesnt really say that some one is bad they say that everyone is bad whether a muderer or a Little white lier

"Everyone has fallen short of the glory of God"

Its when people observe other people obviously singing when someone considers another to be bad

Thats my only bit of religion over

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
'if consequences dictate the course of an action, then it doesn't matter whats right, its only wrong if you get caught"

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Ha-ha easy what is bad and what is god: Do you fell good when somebody Kick you in the balls???!!!
Would you eat cow dung instead of a Good Pizza??
Everything is logic Good are good bad are bad...

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
wow cardu that was really deeply intrisic
i feel as if ive met my spiritual teacher

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
There is no 'right' and 'wrong'. They coexist together. You have to make the personal choice of what you think is 'right' and what you think is 'wrong'.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join