It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Northwoods: US Planned Fake Terror Attacks On Citizens To Create Support For Cuban War

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
For anyone who doubts the Bush cabal could carry out such an evil plan:

From BODY OF SECRETS, James Bamford, Doubleday, 2001, p.82 and following.
Scanned and edited by NY Transfer News.

...In [Joint Chief's chair] Lemnitzer's view, the country would be far better off if the generals could take over. [JFK assassination legend has it some general presided over the fudgy JFK autopsy. --Mk]

For those military officers who were sitting on the fence, the Kennedy administration's botched Bay of Pigs invasion was the last straw. "The Bay of Pigs fiasco broke the dike," said one report at the time. "President Kennedy was pilloried by the super patriots as a 'no-win' chief . . . The Far Right became a fount of proposals born of frustration and put forward in the name of anti-Communism. . . Active-duty commanders played host to anti-Communist seminars on their bases and attended or addressed Right-wing meetings elsewhere."

Although no one in Congress could have known it at the time, Lemnitzer and the Joint Chiefs had quietly slipped over the edge.

According to secret and long-hidden documents obtained for Body of Secrets, the Joint Chiefs of Staff drew up and approved plans for what may be the most corrupt plan ever created by the U.S. government. In the name of anti-Communism, they proposed launching a secret and bloody war of terrorism against their own country in order to trick the American public into supporting an ill-conceived war they intended to launch against Cuba.

Operation Northwoods
documents. Click images for full sized scans:

www.whatreallyhappened.com...

Code named Operation Northwoods, the plan, which had the written approval of the Chairman and every member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, called for innocent people to be shot on American streets; for boats carrying refugees fleeing Cuba to be sunk on the high seas; for a wave of violent terrorism to be launched in Washington, D.C., Miami, and elsewhere. People would be framed for bombings they did not commit; planes would be hijacked. Using phony evidence, all of it would be blamed on Castro, thus giving Lemnitzer and his cabal the excuse, as well as the public and international backing, they needed to launch their war.

The idea may actually have originated with President Eisenhower in the last days of his administration. With the Cold War hotter than ever and the recent U-2 scandal fresh in the public's memory, the old general wanted to go out with a win. He wanted desperately to invade Cuba in the weeks leading up to Kennedy's inauguration; indeed, on January 3 he told Lemnitzer and other aides in his Cabinet Room that he would move against Castro before the inauguration if only the Cubans gave him a really good excuse. Then, with time growing short, Eisenhower floated an idea. If Castro failed to provide that excuse, perhaps, he said, the United States "could think of manufacturing something that would be generally acceptable." What he was suggesting was a pretext a bombing, an attack, an act of sabotage carried out secretly against the United States by the United States. Its purpose would be to justify the launching of a war. It was a dangerous suggestion by a desperate president...

[edit on 13-6-2008 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Hate to say it, but hasn't Operation Northwoods been hashed out more than a few times already?

Hell, there's even a Wikipedia page on it here...

en.wikipedia.org...

and the main ATS thread is here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mods...can you maybe redirect?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by HokkaidoHillbilly
the main ATS thread is here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yeah, 2 years ago in "Alternative Breaking News!"

A very apt quote from that thread: "Ever once in a while it is healthy for these topics to resurface. As you can see there are at least three of us (counting yourself) that hadn't heard of this before. I just recently realized that in the past year there have been so many new members join and there is a LOT of content that they don't even know about."

Originally posted by HokkaidoHillbilly
Mods...can you maybe redirect?

Now why would you want the US government's precursor plan to 9/11 redirected?

Perhaps because it can't be debunked?

[edit on 13-6-2008 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Very interesting "Operation Northwoods" document:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Just to be clear on this issue, these documents can be found on UNITED STATES GOVERNMENTAL WEBSITES, so that there can be no doubt as to the authenticity of those documents (i.e., "it's been photoshopped")

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
Just to be clear on this issue, these documents can be found on UNITED STATES GOVERNMENTAL WEBSITES, so that there can be no doubt as to the authenticity of those documents (i.e., "it's been photoshopped")

Correct, but it's never enough for the "there's no evidence" types.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
The relative silence on this thread is deafening...

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Geez you loons seem to be "stuck on stupid"

Northwoods was proposed in 1962 for God's sake! When the plan reached
Kennedy he took one look at it and made some remark that this was
!@#$% nuts! It was rejected out of hand. The general who proposed it
Lemnitzer was shortly after "reassigned"

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I've long thought Kennedy's rejection of this document was a contributing factor to his assassination. Stuff like this should be available from the front page, I think, 'cause it's literally what the name of the sight suggests: above top secret, true as hell, finally declassified and sadly buried.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece
The relative silence on this thread is deafening...

Because it's old news and has been discussed to death.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I agree that it's probably a good thing for something to be brought up every so often just to get the insight of the new blood. Lets face it, wading thru a two year old thread thats 10 pages long can be a real pain.

Originally posted by thedman
The general who proposed it
Lemnitzer was shortly after "reassigned"

True, true. If I remember correctly he was reassigned to head up NATO, or the European Command. It was hardly a demotion.

Northwoods was one signature away from a being launched. Kennedy wouldn't sign it. I have no doubt George Bush would have.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I agree that it's probably a good thing for something to be brought up every so often just to get the insight of the new blood. Lets face it, wading thru a two year old thread thats 10 pages long can be a real pain.

Why do the conspiracy loons keep bringing up same old stuff thats
been debunked to death ! It was proposed over 45 years old! Rejected
yet whack jobs keep harping on it again and again and again as if it
was something new - hence my comment "stuck on stupid"....

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Excuse me, but this is a conspiracy site. Where else would you expect to find conspiracy loons? If you don't want to hear about conspiracies, perhaps you should go somewhere else.

True it was rejected 45 years ago, but that doesn't mean it was rejected by the current administration. JFK was not calling for a new Pearl Harbor, PNAC was. Shortly after they called for it, it happened.

Northwoods is relevant in todays world.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by thedman

The overall message here is that the government IS capable of at least discussing an ATTACK on it's own people. The fact that Kennedy said no to Operation Northwoods does not mean that a similar such act was never discussed at government level again. It simply means this specific operation was vetoed.

The fact that this specific document is 45 years old has no relevance. Again, it does not mean that the government would not/has not produced or discussed similar style operations since. Also, Bush is not Kennedy, so it doesn't mean that Bush would veto such a plan if it did arise again. Different people have different ideas, as evidenced in the fact that Pentagon officials thought Operation Northwoods was a worthy enough proposal to put forth. People inside the Pentagon would have attacked and killed their own citizens if this operation had been green lit, which is a scary enough thought.

Finally, as pointed out in many other 9/11 threads, and the moderators input into those threads, name calling is childish, and reflects more on you then it does on those you are using the remark against. One man's loon is another man's President. Calling someone a "loon" is pointless, and smack of desperation on your part. You tried everything else and it wasn't having any effect so now you think name calling will bring them around? What's next, invite them outside for a fight?

Please, raise your debate above name calling, or are you not capable of actually discussing things properly?

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by thedman

Can you also please explain how this was "debunked to death". Debunk means to expose something as a lie or exaggeration. The proposal of "Operation Northwoods" is a fact, it did happen, so no debunking is necessary.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I really can't believe how you continue to get away with the personal insults.

"Deunked to death". It's a real freeking document proposed by the real freeking people who are suppossed to protect us. It shows that there are evil people out there. Even Amerikans.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Northwoods was one signature away from a being launched. Kennedy wouldn't sign it. I have no doubt George Bush would have.

Heheh.. absolutely. This spirit is alive and well in President Bush.

Despite the attempts to shove this under the rug does not change the fact that this can NOT be hashed out enough.

There are other NUMEROUS proven events of government sponsored terror involving, yes, OUR own government.

Let's talk a little about the attack on the USS Liberty by Israel.

Here, Wikipedia eludes to it being an "accident".. hahahahah

en.wikipedia.org...

Now to a little more truth in the matter:

www.logogo.net...

www.geocities.com...

There is tons of other info out there. This was OBVIOUSLY a false flag to goad the US into a conflict with Egypt because that is who "it" was blamed on.

Just for the record, I support Israel as a Christian but perpetrating false flags to do it? Umm.. NO. THAT is an evil, looser way to deal the game and anyone with a half pea brain and at least a few morals should see this.

[edit on 14-6-2008 by ViewFromTheStars]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The attack on the USS liberty was an accident.The same as the bombing of Canadian forces in Afganistan by the US air force.Those links provided are faked since not one of them are a valid news source.I would think that at least one major news network would have carried it but they do not.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justice11
The attack on the USS liberty was an accident.The same as the bombing of Canadian forces in Afganistan by the US air force.Those links provided are faked since not one of them are a valid news source.I would think that at least one major news network would have carried it but they do not.

I was just grabbing stuff for the sake of time but here is something more credible for you to chew on Justice11:

www.chicagotribune.com...

"Veterans, documents suggest U.S., Israel didn't tell full story of deadly '67 incident"

Your not going to poo poo this that easily and you can rest assured that the intelligent people who will be reading this thread will make their OWN decisions about the Liberty.

Soooo.. it was an accident huh? Why don't you throw us a bone here and help us figure out HOW that could have been so?

[edit on 14-6-2008 by ViewFromTheStars]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join